Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal - page 16. (Read 60561 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Just an update I got my wallet to stake my coins. Just had to unlock the wallet from the actions tab on the left. Right clicking the lock icon no longer works.

So the network is still generating blocks for POS... She lives  Grin

Here is a link to my Dropbox with the 1.0.9.0 wallet that I got from the original Silkcoin developer's website.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/umr8re240rvotdg/AAB1x-Sw1m5kZlcvm9eIn-Hya/Silkcoin/silkcoin-qt-1.0.9.zip
Activity: 436
Merit: 250
Yes i suggested this idea too, and i also got a response that it couldnt be done, but cant see why not, i think its a brilliant idea, since people can turn off the features they dont want to use.

Exactly... If people only want the crypto-currency, they install the client & then only download the core crypto-currency blockchain.
If they want access to distributed alias & reputation management, they can choose to download that blockchain as well.

Reading the "it can't be done" posts reminded me of this western union quote I saw recently... Plus a few extra quotes for emphasis...

This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us.
Western Union internal memo, 1876.

Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre.

Everything that can be invented has been invented.
Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.

There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.
Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

Activity: 98
Does anyone have a trustworthy link to the last working wallet?

silkcoin-qt-1.0.9.0

Here is a link to my Dropbox with the 1.0.9.0 wallet that I got from the original Silkcoin developer's website.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/umr8re240rvotdg/AAB1x-Sw1m5kZlcvm9eIn-Hya/Silkcoin/silkcoin-qt-1.0.9.zip

This version does work for me. Staking is working right now, as everyone should know. Sending and receiving to wallets is working.

I just sent 1200 sc to the escrow fund for development. Some of us have to have some silk in the wallet they can send. I have a big chunk in the exchanges so I can't access my main fund. Which is the case with many I am sure, so lets get those exchanges open.

@freddag. I like the way you think mate. You could offer a sliding scale of mining rewards based on what you are mining. Or which ledger you are securing. The non "currency" ledger would offer less incentive etc.

Activity: 630
Merit: 505
All,

Could someone please post a summary of what is going on with the wallet itself.  The exchanges all still have this disabled due to a report of 0 confirmation transactions which we haven't seen much evidence of actually happening.

What is the status of the wallet?  We would like to get this market back on again as we continuously get tickets about how to get coins out or in.

Please update on the status of the wallet and current network.

Thanks,

Ryan @ Bittrex

Has anyone actually confirmed that there even is a 0 confirmation bug? Did the dev just make it up to crash the coin along with scamming everyone?

Network seems fine, multiple transactions confirmed sent and recieved to escrow, wallet staking - the bug may not be real.  Some have rolled back to wallet version 1.0.9 and have had no problems since. 
Activity: 70
Some time ago I proposed use few blockchains, but my idea got criticism. Read thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7454165

I saw that. I've been away for a couple of days so couldn't wade in earlier to back you up.
Ignore the critics.  The world is full of people that say 'It can't be done!'.
Thankfully there are also a few people who ask "How can we do it?".

I think the majority of people in the crypto scene don't understand the potential of the blockchain.
Some think Blockchain == Crypto Currency, but that is just not the case.

Blockchain == Distributed Ledger

There is nothing to say that we can't use multiple ledgers, each optimised for storing data related to a specific task or objective.

Think...
-- Spreedsheet vs Relational Database
-- Go-To Spaghetti Code vs Object-Oriented Programming

I have the same thoughts about that. I still need to investigate blockchain mechanism in details and how this work. But now my point about this idea not solid, but sounds cool.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
Some time ago I proposed use few blockchains, but my idea got criticism. Read thread:

I saw that. I've been away for a couple of days so couldn't wade in earlier to back you up.

I think the majority of people in the crypto scene don't understand the potential of the blockchain.

There is nothing to say that we can't use multiple ledgers, each optimised for storing data related to a specific task or objective.

Think...

Yes i suggested this idea too, and i also got a response that it couldnt be done, but cant see why not, i think its a brilliant idea, since people can turn off the features they dont want to use.

Think...
All,

Could someone please post a summary of what is going on with the wallet itself.  The exchanges all still have this disabled due to a report of 0 confirmation transactions which we haven't seen much evidence of actually happening.

What is the status of the wallet?  We would like to get this market back on again as we continuously get tickets about how to get coins out or in.

Thanks,

Ryan @ Bittrex

I'm not sure if this bug has been confirmed.  May have been FUD from the failed developer.  But new client is scheduled for release this week.

Cryptsy has not shut down deposits or withdrawls in any way.  So I don't believe it is all exchanges.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
All,

Thanks,

Ryan @ Bittrex

Has anyone actually confirmed that there even is a 0 confirmation bug? Did the dev just make it up to crash the coin along with scamming everyone?
Activity: 70

IDK, keep the ideas coming, its early days, perhaps separate blockchains could be used for each commodity, thats something that hasnt been done with any coin before.
You may ask why use seperate blockchains, well perhaps some people just want to use the main silk platform and not engage in trading, the separate blockchains could store the extra data required in the online trading, social networking side of things, IDK. The devs will have a better idea on this.

yes please leave all the "ideas" to the devs.
the reason it "hasn't been done before" is because it makes no sense whatsoever,
and..
silkcrypto is a horrible name,

...we can not have a different blockchain for each commodity, that meant everytime you wanted a new item in a new "commodity" section you would create a whole new coin, new blockchain = new coin. so it's not even silkcoin anymore...

I agree that a separate blockchain for each commodity would most likely not work, however the idea of separate blockchains for specific functions is one which I believe will inevitably find its way into production.
Support for multiple blockchains makes alot of sense to me as a developer. They could facilitate blockchain trimming & optimisation (of storage size), as well as user selected participation levels (lite, custom or full).

A couple of examples of where I think this could work is, dedicated blockchains for...
-- trading
-- alias management & reputation
-- messaging

This would enable the primary blockchain to focus on the task of securing & tracking the currency, without becoming bloated by the additional functionality (being handled by dedicated blockchains ).

Now things are getting interesting.  Wink

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
All,

Thanks,

Ryan @ Bittrex
Any news from bholzer?

lol.. umm Patience is a Virtue?   Cool

IDK, keep the ideas coming, its early days, perhaps separate blockchains could be used for each commodity, thats something that hasnt been done with any coin before.
You may ask why use seperate blockchains, well perhaps some people just want to use the main silk platform and not engage in trading, the separate blockchains could store the extra data required in the online trading, social networking side of things, IDK. The devs will have a better idea on this.

the reason it "hasn't been done before" is because it makes no sense whatsoever,
and..

...we can not have a different blockchain for each commodity, that meant everytime you wanted a new item in a new "commodity" section you would create a whole new coin, new blockchain = new coin. so it's not even silkcoin anymore...

I agree that a separate blockchain for each commodity would most likely not work, however the idea of separate blockchains for specific functions is one which I believe will inevitably find its way into production.
Support for multiple blockchains makes alot of sense to me as a developer. They could facilitate blockchain trimming & optimisation (of storage size), as well as user selected participation levels (lite, custom or full).

A couple of examples of where I think this could work is, dedicated blockchains for...
-- trading
-- messaging

This would enable the primary blockchain to focus on the task of securing & tracking the currency, without becoming bloated by the additional functionality (being handled by dedicated blockchains ).

Now things are getting interesting.  Wink

silkcoin-qt-1.0.9.0

I've also added the .zip file to trello - Roll back version 1.0.9. click for .zip in list Spec & features Discussion
https://trello.com/b/YfCUpW9h/silk-coin-rebuilding-the-grand-bazaar

and..

-- trading
-- messaging

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

silkcoin-qt-1.0.9.0

Activity: 25
Not sure how many of you are old enough to remember the floating point division bug Intel had in the early Pentium chips (1994), but they kept the brand and look where they are today.
Activity: 38

silkcoin-qt-1.0.9.0
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I can only send 10k silk if deposits are released at mintpal (new wallet)
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Confirmed.

Received:

1BTC
11938 SC
Pages:
Jump to: