Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sfards:SF100, the first 28nm Dual-Mode Miner is accepting pre-order now - page 5. (Read 129582 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
The project failed.
Their chip yield is very terrible and nearly 0% yield if you SMT several these chips in a PCB.
In this situation, they could not mass production the miners and sell them to the market.
If they successfully manufactured thousands of dual miners, how come the LTC hashrate still no raise?

Yeah....conundrum...the only thing that 'could' happen would be they are selling the chips to 3rd parties and they are running them as full out BTC....
from what I understand doing both BTC and LTC at the same time is not very efficient ....either electricity or mining wise (somewhere on this thread
I think I read that)

So probably they are 'recouping' their development costs in house with data hall either btc or ltc miner wise...so maybe the shoe has yet to fall

I do know they probably have to 'do something' to get their (or try too) their development price back..data hall for exclusive use only would be 1 way
and then when they have got what they got out of that with whatever coin they are mining (btc or ltc) difficulty wise..then I would suspect it would
be the old 'bulk chip sales to china' route ..as we have seen in the past

but they really are not 'tooting their own horn' like it is any kinda success thats for sure! Smiley

By the By the last time the SFARDS OP on this thread was active and posted anything was Sept 1st 2015....so yeah....its not looking like a barn buster!

Hi, my SFARD unit is running in dual mode, it's draining 985w and does 1500gh/s btc and 51mh/s ltc, at same time. IT is running very fine on f2pool and does a regular 0,0124 btc/day and 0,5115 ltc/day at this difficult (60883825480 for btc and 49247 for ltc), so i only can say good things about it.

BTW i was seeking to buy some scrypt miners, but is a very hard task, because the halving (last two months, i think) and because there is a lot of stuff with no profit (unless you have a very cheap electricity, or free). I live in Spain, and i have a very cheap electricity to be in Spain (0,089€/Kw or 0,081$/Kw), and i cannot run a lot of scrypt miners (i need 13w/mhs to make some money, but i only have 0,8% of profit), so i only can buy A2 chips, SFARD, KNC Titan and Alcheminer. And KNC Titan are very easy to broken, so i think there is less KNC TItans hashing now. So someone is replacing the hashpower atm (i don't know how).

I don't think folk are shutting their machines off yet...mining at an 'elec loss' imho hoping btc will pop and/or take ltc with it...it may have flat-lined already...and the titan(s) will be the last to be shut off ..i have 2 of them (one orig one used have made roi) and am making 600 usd a month at 13c kwh elec at 645mh or about 200 ltc a month

anyway it has not shook out yet..if there is more of a spread between ltc to btc (below 0.0100 ltc to btc) and/or the $$ for btc goes up faster then that relationship you will see difficulty drop imho dramatically...from difficulty that last couple times (9 days) it MAY already be flat-lining difficulty wise again this is for LTC to BTC conversion (my use of this mining)

so anyway how it is working till my titan(s) too...eventually go to doorstops as well Smiley

Just look at all the old gear that is being ran.  I can't figure it out but a LOT seem to still run old gear.  And there is a lot of it for scrypt.

I never could figure it out on why people did if they do not pay electricity, or believed it would go up in value.   Either way look at Zeus/Gaw/Hashra all pretty much the same and unless "free" power and people will lose money on most of them.

But posting in here trying to buy more SFards gear will do no good. They have not been answering questions for a LONG time.  And I don't expect that to change.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
The project failed.
Their chip yield is very terrible and nearly 0% yield if you SMT several these chips in a PCB.
In this situation, they could not mass production the miners and sell them to the market.
If they successfully manufactured thousands of dual miners, how come the LTC hashrate still no raise?

Yeah....conundrum...the only thing that 'could' happen would be they are selling the chips to 3rd parties and they are running them as full out BTC....
from what I understand doing both BTC and LTC at the same time is not very efficient ....either electricity or mining wise (somewhere on this thread
I think I read that)

So probably they are 'recouping' their development costs in house with data hall either btc or ltc miner wise...so maybe the shoe has yet to fall

I do know they probably have to 'do something' to get their (or try too) their development price back..data hall for exclusive use only would be 1 way
and then when they have got what they got out of that with whatever coin they are mining (btc or ltc) difficulty wise..then I would suspect it would

but they really are not 'tooting their own horn' like it is any kinda success thats for sure! Smiley

By the By the last time the SFARDS OP on this thread was active and posted anything was Sept 1st 2015....so yeah....its not looking like a barn buster!

Hi, my SFARD unit is running in dual mode, it's draining 985w and does 1500gh/s btc and 51mh/s ltc, at same time. IT is running very fine on f2pool and does a regular 0,0124 btc/day and 0,5115 ltc/day at this difficult (60883825480 for btc and 49247 for ltc), so i only can say good things about it.

BTW i was seeking to buy some scrypt miners, but is a very hard task, because the halving (last two months, i think) and because there is a lot of stuff with no profit (unless you have a very cheap electricity, or free). I live in Spain, and i have a very cheap electricity to be in Spain (0,089€/Kw or 0,081$/Kw), and i cannot run a lot of scrypt miners (i need 13w/mhs to make some money, but i only have 0,8% of profit), so i only can buy A2 chips, SFARD, KNC Titan and Alcheminer. And KNC Titan are very easy to broken, so i think there is less KNC TItans hashing now. So someone is replacing the hashpower atm (i don't know how).

I don't think folk are shutting their machines off yet...mining at an 'elec loss' imho hoping btc will pop and/or take ltc with it...it may have flat-lined already...and the titan(s) will be the last to be shut off ..i have 2 of them (one orig one used have made roi) and am making 600 usd a month at 13c kwh elec at 645mh or about 200 ltc a month

anyway it has not shook out yet..if there is more of a spread between ltc to btc (below 0.0100 ltc to btc) and/or the $$ for btc goes up faster then that relationship you will see difficulty drop imho dramatically...from difficulty that last couple times (9 days) it MAY already be flat-lining difficulty wise again this is for LTC to BTC conversion (my use of this mining)

so anyway how it is working till my titan(s) too...eventually go to doorstops as well Smiley

Activity: 572
Merit: 506
The project failed.

I think I read that)

copper member
Clueless!
The project failed.

I think I read that)

legendary
The project failed.

Do you have any proof?  Part of it could be there are a LOT of old hashra/gaw/zeus gear that is pretty inefficient, would not surprise me  if some have them unplugged unless "free" electricity.

I would think it was a little higher then you said on yield as they shipped some to re sellers.  I mean they had time to work on it if it was 0.   They have said nothing.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
The project failed.
Activity: 537
Merit: 524
The only report I read said that they weren't too good:

Still waiting on SFards news...

In the meantime, anyone selling at this point?
5 units sfards miner already arrive in our farm, but the quality is not as good as they promise, only 1 of them run at 1.5T/48M, all other four canot farm at promised hashrate, 2 of them canot run at all, ask other friend got similar report.  already ask sfards technician to provide help, but i think it is better to wait until the quality become more stable, it will be a nightmare for our employee if a large batch of miner canot run stable
legendary
i see this thread but has anyone actually got one yet that is on here?

just wondering how it is running ....I did not get such because at 13c kwh electric made no sense.

anyway curious how reliable they are (or not) and if they are up to specs stated etc

There have been a very few posts from owners.  What I got out of it was they do work up to spec.   Someone mentioned it ran hot... but we don't really have a large group so cant really say.  I know I have read sucess mining on F2 pool.  Not a mention of a whole lot of pools.  But the few that reported said it ran as advertised.

So as far as scrypt it is the best public one there is... but considering there are so few in public hands it's going to remain pricey even though LTC halved.

copper member
Clueless!
i see this thread but has anyone actually got one yet that is on here?

just wondering how it is running ....I did not get such because at 13c kwh electric made no sense.

anyway curious how reliable they are (or not) and if they are up to specs stated etc

Activity: 924
I was comparing to Hashra since very few were ever seen and only 1 or 2 videos on them even working.
They also started strong with a communication up front then nothing and Poof!  "F" the Fib's and FT's of
the world.
legendary
The few minor reviews of them seem to be possitive.  Sounds a lot like Sfards is the new Hashra. 

I don't know about that.  Hashra pumped out a ton of those when they were making profit.  But scrypt gear dipped in price so much in price they became usless.

Part of it is A2 was a good amount more efficient then it.  Hashra/Zeus/Gaw were all really the same on not great efficiency even then.
The few minor reviews of them seem to be possitive.  Sounds a lot like Sfards is the new Hashra. 
legendary
L1's would have been amazing to own and would have sold well.

I still think the same as far as selling.  I was counting on it coming out, after it didn't I just never found another rig to replace my A2 I sold.

I think likely they figured out for the money they would make more off BTC gear then LTC in their data centers.  But I'm just speculating.  I still think there is likely a datacenter of these SF100's. 

Has anyone heard anything from the company at all?  Do they still anwser emails?
L1's would have been amazing to own and would have sold well.
legendary
what about the A2 chip they only mine Script and seem to be about the same power use but only do Script Ming   if you shop around you can get a 110 A2 at 28 nm chips for like 500 $ but shipping kills that deal unless you can find one with free shipping or close to you . they are big and heavy like the Zeus miners or G blacks and just as much noise but they can be controlled a lot better for less noise.

KNC cost to much we know why they are so high . I won't start with them .

The great difference is the eficience; Sfards is 4,33j/mhs, KNC is 3,80j/mhs and A2 is 10j/mhs, just a very BIG difference. The first two are for long time, the last have less choices at long term. And it must be in price.

A2 was king for a LONG time.  Longer then I ever thought to be honest.  I sold my A2 long ago thinking of new gear.  But I was wrong on timeline.

I hope to see a miner come on market for scrypt at a fair price.  And if you do find that custom one please post pics.  I just have not seen a custom data center of scrypt.

I did the same with my A2, should have hung onto that one...

If we only would have known.  I thought L1's were going to take over the market... and then they pulled out.   

I had no idea A2's would have lasted this long.  It is crazy considering the amount of value they were losing daily at one point.  Then no new miners I could have gotten a few months for sure out of that machine.  But a ROI is a ROI i guess.
legendary
Activity: 784
what about the A2 chip they only mine Script and seem to be about the same power use but only do Script Ming   if you shop around you can get a 110 A2 at 28 nm chips for like 500 $ but shipping kills that deal unless you can find one with free shipping or close to you . they are big and heavy like the Zeus miners or G blacks and just as much noise but they can be controlled a lot better for less noise.

The great difference is the eficience; Sfards is 4,33j/mhs, KNC is 3,80j/mhs and A2 is 10j/mhs, just a very BIG difference. The first two are for long time, the last have less choices at long term. And it must be in price.

A2 was king for a LONG time.  Longer then I ever thought to be honest.  I sold my A2 long ago thinking of new gear.  But I was wrong on timeline.

I hope to see a miner come on market for scrypt at a fair price.  And if you do find that custom one please post pics.  I just have not seen a custom data center of scrypt.

I did the same with my A2, should have hung onto that one...
legendary

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

It's a big difference in efficiency, but it may not make much difference in the bigger mining context.  For example, let's say you're in Washington and getting some of that $0.02 power... An A2 will be $0.0002/MHH (megahash/hour), and a KnC will be $0.0000866.  So for a 24 hour period, just picking 100MH, you'd make ~$3.11/day - the A2 costs $0.48 and the KnC costs $0.20784.  So in the big scheme of things, the power cost is marginal - especially if you're paying 2x for the KnC per MH vs the A2.

Either way, improving the efficiency is still a plus - and not everyone has $0.02 power.  Wink
Activity: 572
Merit: 506

legendary
Activity: 1274

Pages:
Jump to: