Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 110. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 539
Merit: 255
What are you guys getting for Neoscrypt efficiency? Hash per watt, power draw at the wall?
Dick.  But it appears to be most profitable on nicehash again; even with the salty bottlenecked neoscrypt.cl you released for us around Veteran's Day.  (thanks again)

Actually, that was the best I had at the time - also, you aren't entitled to jack shit from me, need I remind you? Complain to Vehre - his code got less than 100kh/s on a 280X. Would you rather have that instead?

For the rest of you, since I've gotten a lot of people asking, I made another SGMiner 5 build off the git master branch: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17533 -- see the bottom of the OP for the latest.

Did you ever get around to identifying your neoscrypt kernels so that people could tell which is which?

Well, now there's really just one major one, and the Hawaii one that wasn't a good idea.

Well, it wasn't until I downloaded the new SG5-wolf from yesterday and compared the neoscrypt files that I found out that it had the same 2 month old kernel..  For some reason I was expecting a different neoscrypt kernel in it.
Activity: 539
Merit: 255
What are you guys getting for Neoscrypt efficiency? Hash per watt, power draw at the wall?
Dick.  But it appears to be most profitable on nicehash again; even with the salty bottlenecked neoscrypt.cl you released for us around Veteran's Day.  (thanks again)

Actually, that was the best I had at the time - also, you aren't entitled to jack shit from me, need I remind you? Complain to Vehre - his code got less than 100kh/s on a 280X. Would you rather have that instead?

For the rest of you, since I've gotten a lot of people asking, I made another SGMiner 5 build off the git master branch: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17533 -- see the bottom of the OP for the latest.

Did you ever get around to identifying your neoscrypt kernels so that people could tell which is which?
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
Then you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot, lol. Instead of buying it for cheap, you're asking for it to be published, which will of course kill any possible profit you could make with it...  Wink

I understand, but binaries for x11 and some for x13 is already in public. But most of my cards is 7850 Sad
Down are kernels and generated bins for X algos:
This kernel&bins are for Tahiti&Hawaii. I have no Kaiman and Pitcairn to test.

Thanks. Can somebody share optimized binaries for X13 for Pitcairn?
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Hello Guys,

Do we have any windows shminer which gives more than 320 Khash/s on a 280x in neoscrypt ?
I could see amazing amounts on this card on linux...

thanks in advance
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
p.s. sorry for all the questions. I just find it interesting.  Thanks for the answers Smiley

Always had interest in computers (but only little experiance with code) and like math.... but I open one of the kernels in a notepad and the wall of txt just hurts my eyes!

Nah, it's fine. And that code really is an eyesore - it's not just you.

If no secret, which language you use

The kernels are OpenCL, which is C with some extensions.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
what is the hashrate of the 750ti on neoscrypt ?
thanks
It was only the wind.
p.s. sorry for all the questions. I just find it interesting.  Thanks for the answers Smiley

Always had interest in computers (but only little experiance with code) and like math.... but I open one of the kernels in a notepad and the wall of txt just hurts my eyes!

Nah, it's fine. And that code really is an eyesore - it's not just you.
Activity: 528
Merit: 500

Nice one Wolf0
                      yet another fine example of your crypto politics I'll give the miner a go asap

Activity: 101
Merit: 1
It was only the wind.
What code did you change then if not the sgminer code? Just the kernels?

Yep - I rewrote every kernel in X11 - but I worked within SGMiner's brokenness.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
4 x 280x   1390Khs, 710W at wall
4 x 7950   1280KHs, 680W at wall
Activity: 124
It was only the wind.
Clever fox... I mean wolf Smiley

I wouldn't have a clue where to start! I wonder how much optimization is left in x11 and other algos. Im sure there are others out there like you that are not so open about it too :/

There's a lot left in X11, way past what I've done. As I said - my code is all right, but I didn't want to edit SGMiner. If you do so, it can get a LOT better.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
I havent WATmeter unfortunately , cant tell the exact power-consumption...
Activity: 124
5xASUS 280x - 1560kH, 1150Wt whole rig.
It was only the wind.
Wolf, where did you even begin learning how to do what you do??

I don't even know what knowledge you need. Did you have some sort of background in cryptography? Or did you look at some code somewhere and work it out?

Just curious Smiley

I started coding around 8, I'm 20 now. I looked into crypto around high school, so I knew quite a bit about it. I looked at the code after doing some research on GPUs, and it was clear to see they copy+pasted CPU code - doing nothing to adapt it to the new platform. So I worked on fixing it - my X11 code is just decent, because I haven't done GPU dev long, but far better than the open source one.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io

I taught it will be some Cristmas optimization gift  , but I reach only 322kh/s (neoscrypt) again with my 280X Smiley
Jump to: