Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 108. (Read 877846 times)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002
hi ...if anyone can give some advice, it would be appreciated

I have 3x290's getting about 6.3mhz each... running sgminer 5  , using catalyst 14.7 r3 driver, mining algo x11....no other settings than X 64 w64.

Can I be getting better speeds using 14.6 drivers...and or other settings ie mem clock etc

thanks

Nope and nope but you can crank your clocks up until they squeak.  I've found power limit at about 1150/1500, then x11 throttles the core clock down.  Unfortunately it's a matter of power, not temperature, so cooling isn't the thing at that point. 
Activity: 81
It was only the wind.
yeah but now some people might be mining monero with your cpu miner or some others cpu coin by now  Grin

By the way the latest version of lyra2RE (which should be slightly faster than the one in metalicjames, better groestl and one round blake256) can be found here:
https://github.com/djm34/sgminer

Groestl still slooooooow  Grin
will do for now  Grin (difficulty is already at the level before knc titan went in)

Hehe, I dun fixed it up all vectorized. Seems to like it that way.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
No I stopped using Lyra. It was profitable for many the first 2 hours and then the difficulty jumped and the price crashed on the excahnges.

All that mining for nothing.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

I have 3x290's getting about 6.3mhz each... running sgminer 5  , using catalyst 14.7 r3 driver, mining algo x11....no other settings than X 64 w64.

Can I be getting better speeds using 14.6 drivers...and or other settings ie mem clock etc

thanks

You can buy the miner from Wolf0
It was only the wind.
yeah but now some people might be mining monero with your cpu miner or some others cpu coin by now  Grin

By the way the latest version of lyra2RE (which should be slightly faster than the one in metalicjames, better groestl and one round blake256) can be found here:
https://github.com/djm34/sgminer

Groestl still slooooooow  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
ORB has a good chance to grow.
I'm getting HW errors in neoscrypt all the time  Huh
Using 14.12 driver
I know it's the driver and the kernel problem, can anyone give me the kernel file or the bin file for 280x?

Thanks  Smiley

EDIT : Someone sent me the .bin thanks Smiley

look here the discription

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=725450.260
Activity: 840

thanks
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I'm getting HW errors in neoscrypt all the time  Huh
Using 14.12 driver
I know it's the driver and the kernel problem, can anyone give me the kernel file or the bin file for 280x?

Thanks  Smiley

EDIT : Someone sent me the .bin thanks Smiley
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Try 13, like damm315er is using.

Thx wolf, 13 is giving me 240. Still far away from +300

Try xI 3 or 4, but specify thread concurrency with it. Set it to 16384.

Also, what clocks?

I know this was a while ago but ystarnaud said that xintensity and rawintensity are unused.  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9475388

That was on Nov. 7 so I guess xI does now work with neo.  That's good news I was about to make a bunch of bins with different intensities with the 13.12 drivers and then upgrade to 14.6 rc2.  Is making bins with 13.12 a waste of time?

xI works on SG5 dev, and the wolf build. (although I've had crap luck using both xintensity and rawintensity because my GPU's are in the bottlenecked category)

The bin creation then driver upgrade isn't required for SGminer, it is only required on CGminer.  With SGminer, install the 14.9 or later drivers on the machine, and drop the 14.6 files in the SGminer folder.

Last I knew, to solo mine still requires CGminer tho.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Using 13.12 isn't required at all with my kernels, whether you use CGMiner or SGMiner. Solo mining requires CGMiner - SGMiner cannot do it currently.

True, 13.12 was only needed with the original kernel, Wolf's likes 14.6.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I missed these replies and went ahead and tested with 13.12.  That's a couple hours I'd like to have back.  Is there a particular reason you like installing >14.9 drivers and then drop the 14.6 files into the directory?  I usually just use 14.6 rc2.  Maybe it's more stable?, my new windows install seems to have developed stability issues.
Activity: 539
Merit: 255

Also, what clocks?

I know this was a while ago but ystarnaud said that xintensity and rawintensity are unused.  

That was on Nov. 7 so I guess xI does now work with neo.  That's good news I was about to make a bunch of bins with different intensities with the 13.12 drivers and then upgrade to 14.6 rc2.  Is making bins with 13.12 a waste of time?

xI works on SG5 dev, and the wolf build. (although I've had crap luck using both xintensity and rawintensity because my GPU's are in the bottlenecked category)

The bin creation then driver upgrade isn't required for SGminer, it is only required on CGminer.  With SGminer, install the 14.9 or later drivers on the machine, and drop the 14.6 files in the SGminer folder.

Last I knew, to solo mine still requires CGminer tho.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Using 13.12 isn't required at all with my kernels, whether you use CGMiner or SGMiner. Solo mining requires CGMiner - SGMiner cannot do it currently.

True, 13.12 was only needed with the original kernel, Wolf's likes 14.6.
It was only the wind.
with WOLF0  .bin and  https://github.com/metalicjames/sgminer-Lyra2RE/releases ......same results

I must have missed this Wolf0 Lyra2RE .bin could you post a link plz

cheers

Edit LOL I thought "fuck me that slipped past me"

Haha, yeah, that one's going nowhere.
Got it running around 310Kh.

I think i'll take that instead of tweaking further to gain just a little bit more.

Thank you all!

310 is pretty much the maximum for r9 290 on the publicly available kernel.

Well, I can get about 7% better than the 310, but don't expect me to hand out the specifics..  (WHOOOO!!! 7%!!!  lol)

Also, what clocks?

It was only the wind.
Activity: 181
Are there any other guides on building windows binaries?  I prefer to build Win64 if all possible.  I have follow the instruction in the doc folder to no end.  These are not very up to date.  I would help submit updates to the build docs if I ever get a successful build that works.

Here is what happen when I tried the cross-build.

Code:
root@miner:/home/sgminer/winbuild# CPPFLAGS="-I`pwd`/home/win32/include" LDFLAGS="-L`pwd`/home/win32/lib -lcurldll" ../autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/i586-mingw32 --host=i586-mingw32msvc --build=i686-linux --enable-scrypt --enable-opencl
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
configure.ac:24: installing './compile'
configure.ac:17: installing './config.guess'
configure.ac:17: installing './config.sub'
configure.ac:22: installing './install-sh'
configure.ac:22: installing './missing'
Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
root@miner:/home/sgminer/winbuild# make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
I think Wolf0's private kernel is about 60% faster...

More like 85% - 90%.
Hah , you rule the code, respect... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
I think Wolf0's private kernel is about 60% faster...
Activity: 57
Merit: 0

I think i'll take that instead of tweaking further to gain just a little bit more.

Thank you all!

310 is pretty much the maximum for r9 290 on the publicly available kernel.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Can someone help me please?

I cant get this to work.

I am trying to solo mine for fun on just 1 card in my PC.

Its a R9 280x Windforce 3x Rev2.0 card.

Can someone make a complete Bat file for me that I can use?

I just want to use 50% of the power on the GPU. It isnt that well, it got a little damaged from when I tried to mine scrypt on it, and it wasnt happy. So I dont want to push it too much.

Its for solo mining and I need to know how I switch from one coin to another.

Thank you so much!

Have a great day!

EDIT:

P.S Just write the config here, ill just copy and paste it and make it to a BAT file.
Activity: 169

Thank you all!

So what settings did you end up with that gave you 310
Jump to: