Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 111. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
sgminer binaries with optimized Lyra2RE algorithm (by djm34 from Dec. 18th) and support for multi-algo are available: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#sgminer (thanks badman74 for windows build).

Do not forget to include ";f9=1.5" to the password parameter of your NiceHash multi-algo configuration if you want to enable Lyra2RE for multi-algo.

As far as drivers are concerned - probably the best results are achieved with 14.6/14.7 drivers.

Is the keccak unroll problem fixed?  It was broken in the dailies.  I can't get the dailies to make bins with ....ku0.bin ( I know asked in the nicehash thread but it's probably more relevant here )

Badman74, thank you for the build.  Do you have this same problem?
Not to my knowledge but then again I haven't tried that lately....
edit: ku0 works fine for me

I was able to test also.  ku0 does indeed work on your builds.  However, please don't take this the wrong because you've done so much for the community, but in my experience your builds aren't as stable as others.  I have no idea how that could be, could different compiler environments cause this, I really have no idea.  Testing your build, I tried to make a bitblock bin and not only 1 but 2 talkcoin bins got produced with different worksizes.  This happened to me in the past as well.  Very weird.  Again this is just my experience and very well could just be me doing something wrong.  I'll post my config for a critique when I get a chance.  Instead of trying to build bins with a multialgo config, I'm just going to build them one by one with separate configs and maybe that will help.  Anyway happy holidays to everybody.

don't know why it would do that... i do get some extra bins built at times but that is because there are pools in my config that uses them
i don't think there is anything really different in my version that could make it build weird bins
don't know why it may happen to you but i have never had a bin built that wasnt specified in my config (other than ckolivas when something was spelled wrong...)
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Is that your own private one wolf? Has it been leaked yet?!? lol

Haha, this one isn't getting leaked; I'm the only one who has it and it's staying that way. If I need a test on a GPU, I'll buy that GPU myself.
new kernel for the version in github/djm34 http://ge.tt/41D9Y872/v/0?c
(it should work with metallicjames is you use in lyra2RE.cl the blake256 code of metallicjames version.

current hashrate on my 290x at 1030/1250 with -g2 -I20 -w64   1.46MH/s (average after stabilization) was 1.32MH/s before

donation welcomed: VyF9fXUSt5iZH6GuA8WvUw4NrVhcybMiLA
(even though it was a paid job... vtc has fall off  Grin) so please makes updating the code worthy...

please also report problems as well as your speed (I can't reach the 1500MH mem clock... so I am a little curious)

I'm getting about 1.1MHs with 280x, but I'm getting a lot of "share above target" rejects on nicehash! Maybe 50% of rejects. This is probably the same thing others have reported, pool only sees half hashrate..

This is with latest sgminer from your github.

add "--difficulty-multiplier 2" to the command line (don't know exactly what is the equivalent for the conf file)

It's "difficulty-multiplier": "2",

This works on the command line or in the global part of the config, but not in pool specific settings... Which makes it useless for Nicehash.

The difficulty should be fixed in sgminer source.
badman needs to make a new release and changes in algorithm.c the "256,256" of lyra2re kernel and replace it by "128,128"
(that would solve once for all expecting no change occurs on the pool side)

edit: just made the change on my github repositary
i did that to start when 256,256 didn't work
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
sgminer binaries with optimized Lyra2RE algorithm (by djm34 from Dec. 18th) and support for multi-algo are available: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#sgminer (thanks badman74 for windows build).

Do not forget to include ";f9=1.5" to the password parameter of your NiceHash multi-algo configuration if you want to enable Lyra2RE for multi-algo.

As far as drivers are concerned - probably the best results are achieved with 14.6/14.7 drivers.

Is the keccak unroll problem fixed?  It was broken in the dailies.  I can't get the dailies to make bins with ....ku0.bin ( I know asked in the nicehash thread but it's probably more relevant here )

I was able to test also.  ku0 does indeed work on your builds.  However, please don't take this the wrong because you've done so much for the community, but in my experience your builds aren't as stable as others.  I have no idea how that could be, could different compiler environments cause this, I really have no idea.  Testing your build, I tried to make a bitblock bin and not only 1 but 2 talkcoin bins got produced with different worksizes.  This happened to me in the past as well.  Very weird.  Again this is just my experience and very well could just be me doing something wrong.  I'll post my config for a critique when I get a chance.  Instead of trying to build bins with a multialgo config, I'm just going to build them one by one with separate configs and maybe that will help.  Anyway happy holidays to everybody.

It was only the wind.
What speed are people getting with neo & 280x atm?? I got about 300k/h last time I checked... but not sure what progress have been made since... I get a bit lost in this thread.

Me? Like 400+  Grin

Dunno about the stock one, haven't used it in a while.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
(it should work with metallicjames is you use in lyra2RE.cl the blake256 code of metallicjames version.

current hashrate on my 290x at 1030/1250 with -g2 -I20 -w64   1.46MH/s (average after stabilization) was 1.32MH/s before

(even though it was a paid job... vtc has fall off  Grin) so please makes updating the code worthy...

please also report problems as well as your speed (I can't reach the 1500MH mem clock... so I am a little curious)

I'm getting about 1.1MHs with 280x, but I'm getting a lot of "share above target" rejects on nicehash! Maybe 50% of rejects. This is probably the same thing others have reported, pool only sees half hashrate..

add "--difficulty-multiplier 2" to the command line (don't know exactly what is the equivalent for the conf file)

This works on the command line or in the global part of the config, but not in pool specific settings... Which makes it useless for Nicehash.

badman needs to make a new release and changes in algorithm.c the "256,256" of lyra2re kernel and replace it by "128,128"
(that would solve once for all expecting no change occurs on the pool side)

edit: just made the change on my github repositary
Activity: 57
Merit: 0

current hashrate on my 290x at 1030/1250 with -g2 -I20 -w64   1.46MH/s (average after stabilization) was 1.32MH/s before

(even though it was a paid job... vtc has fall off  Grin) so please makes updating the code worthy...

Activity: 1
Hello guys, help me please...

I have 2 questions, maybe somebody here knows the answer

1 I have 3 cards for 5970 which are the best driver 13.12 or 14.12 omega or 14 beta, please tell us who have these cards who knows...

2 I can not configure these cards under sgminer v5 l have all time on all card HW Error 100-222-300 on each card. and no accept only Rejected and HW error.

Many Thanks for Help.

legendary
running lyra than my rig restart with bluescreen error code  Angry
as usual, when reporting a problem give details rather than a rant
most likely a typo causing running on scrypt  Grin
Activity: 347
running lyra than my rig restart with bluescreen error code  Angry
Activity: 169

Is the keccak unroll problem fixed?  It was broken in the dailies.  I can't get the dailies to make bins with ....ku0.bin ( I know asked in the nicehash thread but it's probably more relevant here )

Badman74, thank you for the build.  Do you have this same problem?
Activity: 101
Merit: 1
people, please share .bin file for win7 64 x13 for 7950.
because the default rate of 2600. that does not match the table profitability on NiceHash
  such as X11 480% and 780% for x13, but actually profit equal.
X11 on my 5300. NeoScrypt 270, Lyra2RE 930. It can be seen that the table https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp matches. The only problem with the x13.

Sorry, Google translator
legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com

Activity: 532
bearded, drunk, fat, naked
is there a universally best working driver right now for X11/X13/X15 (or maybe even neoscrypt/lyra2RE) ?

im on 280x / 290 but maybe it is universal for all?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
It is outdated, and hard as a mofo, IMO. I prefer to cross-compile.

Whats the best platform and compiler to do that with? When I first started this back in march, I did set up a PC to dual boot Win7 and Ubuntu 12.04LTS. When Win81 had more driver and GPU control features, I just never did anything else with the Ubuntu.

Maybe with a little support I can help carry on the torch...

What exactly gpu controls features, you are missing under Linux?
If you expect this to happen with checkboxes, or radio buttons, forget.
Take a look at the aticonfig options Wink
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
Down are kernels and generated bins for X algos:

http://www.filedropper.com/x111315kernels
http://www.filedropper.com/x111314bins

Complete decision including last version of sgminer and all this kernels&bins&configuration file you can use:
http://www.filedropper.com/sgminer-51-dev-2014-mod

If you like to compile yourself you can download from:
https://github.com/sgminer-dev

This kernel&bins are for Tahiti&Hawaii. I have no Kaiman and Pitcairn to test.
After the test if you're satisfied you can tip me here: 13FykK1WoEwXV1WvrjT1hDRi1E1gFaBT8y
And Wolf0, of course!
do not work for «Bonaire» (R7 260 /7790)  Cry
It was only the wind.
Wolf0 where do i find your miner at?

I haven't written a miner Tongue

I really should, but writing the stratum bits and host code is such a drag...

Why not working to improve the excellent sgminer?

HAHAHA just joking! :-D

Haha, yeah. Working on that code is like having a pinecone shoved in my ass Tongue
legendary

current hashrate on my 290x at 1030/1250 with -g2 -I20 -w64   1.46MH/s (average after stabilization) was 1.32MH/s before

(even though it was a paid job... vtc has fall off  Grin) so please makes updating the code worthy...

Activity: 57

Jump to: