Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 114. (Read 877846 times)

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I have the same card the R7 series is a horrible card to mine with. For some reason it can't go headless or your memoryclock will keep switchin down
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.

Humm. I'm not sure why I'm showing you this, maybe because I have something to brag and I like bragging. Smiley

I made some small optimizations on the Wolf's neoscrypt kernel. Now it does 430khs on 280x, 450khs on r9 290, and 260khs on r9 270.

I'm thinking what I should do with this. There's no point to release this to public as this would just make net hashrate rocket and everyone would still get the same profit.

Either release it for free, or bury it and never release it.

Optomizing the kernel and skyrocketing the hashrate by releasing it does nothing but allow cards to get what they should really be getting anyway.

Burying it changes nothing.

Selling it, simply makes people that can't afford to buy it because of the low ROI on GPU's angry with you, and the whales that can afford to spread the ROI across many GPU's get fatter.

Also makes devs poorer. Just saying.

Selling it responsibly can be good for everyone involved - don't be a dick and sell a 10x faster miner, release most of it slowly, and sell one that's around 2x faster. That way, the public isn't too far behind.

Program it into a miner and have the miner auto donate 1%..  Easy enough.  Level playing field AND you get coin.

Don't you remem- oh, fuck it. I'm tired of teaching people crypto history.

Post a link, I'll figure it out, I'm good like that.

But finding that in the morass that is crypto, is damn near impossible.

It'd take several links, as it happened on BCT, but since you seem to care, I'll reiterate. There was a user named girino that made X11 50% faster, put in a 2% fee, and the community basically reverse engineered it, ripped out his code, and put it in sph-sgminer, which then got pulled into SGMiner. It is now called "darkcoin-mod" or "x11mod."

This community will do anything to not pay even a tiny fee - and anything can be reverse engineered, because if a computer can understand it, so can a human. So, the only thing you can do is make it very hard - but fuck up, and all your work will be for nothing. Having to risk that sucks.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
In term of CPU, I talking intel which has 2 core and isn't i3!

If I have to use -g 2 using sgminer and while earning more on CPU then I might as well forget using sgminer!

?
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
In term of CPU, I talking intel which has 2 core and isn't i3!

If I have to use -g 2 using sgminer and while earning more on CPU then I might as well forget using sgminer!

I made a comparison between using sgminer-5.1 and CPU miner for QRK to find CPU is more effective! ... Again, I am using AMD 7 240 series!
Compared to what CPU?
240 is a fairly minimal card and the QRK kernel isn't very friendly AFAIK, it might happen.

Ok then can I know the amount of stream my GPU has?
I mean for radeon R7 200 or 240 series!
He's not intending "streams" in the sense of "stream processors" he means "streams" in the sense of "command streams". Most of the time, just use -g 2.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
I've  lost in the thread. Would you help me with the reached speed of neoscrypt with 280X ?
It was only the wind.
Here is the thing. If you publish this only few people who start using this amongst first ones would benefit from this and only for half a day until everyone else accepts new miner. The same thing would be with FTC if we stayed with first miner we had without any optimization. Diff has the main role here. I suggest to you to use it without any publishing so at lest someone who works hard on some development have some kind of profit, if we can talk about profit at all those days. Wolf0 did amazing work last few months, did he had anything from it. I believe that answer is NO. So keep it for yourself and for those who want those performance they should understand that if they want more they should start learning how to do it not expecting to benefit once more from someones else hard work.

Thank you.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100

(it should work with metallicjames is you use in lyra2RE.cl the blake256 code of metallicjames version.

Um i don't get it, if i want to use the metallicjames version with your kernel, which kernel files do i need to replace exactly?
Cause if i'm not mistaken, simply replacing all metallicjames' lyra2re related kernel files with your kernel files won't work..
thanks.
no it won't work directly, the first kernel has been rewritten.

You need to replace the first kernel in the new lyra2RE.cl which is starting with "search(" actually lines 152 to 225) by the old one. Then it should work.

Didn't work, replaced the codes mentioned with the old one, produce the same error as before being replaced:
Error: clSetKernelArg of all params failed.
GPU 0 failure, disabling!

try gpu-platform -1 in config or bat

Proper recording is not this: --gpu-platform 1
Could you give a more detailed explanation of what exactly makes this line, what it means.
Thank you.

Correct, I was merely pointing them in the direction I thought would solve their problem.
As far as I know, this argument selects the platform on which the cards are/is located, so on-board GPU might be GPU platform 0 for example, while your discreet card is GPU platform 1, so when you start the miner the default is "0", which means it's pointing towards your on-board.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I made a comparison between using sgminer-5.1 and CPU miner for QRK to find CPU is more effective! ... Again, I am using AMD 7 240 series!
Compared to what CPU?
240 is a fairly minimal card and the QRK kernel isn't very friendly AFAIK, it might happen.

He's not intending "streams" in the sense of "stream processors" he means "streams" in the sense of "command streams". Most of the time, just use -g 2.
It was only the wind.

Humm. I'm not sure why I'm showing you this, maybe because I have something to brag and I like bragging. Smiley

I made some small optimizations on the Wolf's neoscrypt kernel. Now it does 430khs on 280x, 450khs on r9 290, and 260khs on r9 270.

I'm thinking what I should do with this. There's no point to release this to public as this would just make net hashrate rocket and everyone would still get the same profit.

Either release it for free, or bury it and never release it.

Optomizing the kernel and skyrocketing the hashrate by releasing it does nothing but allow cards to get what they should really be getting anyway.

Burying it changes nothing.

Selling it, simply makes people that can't afford to buy it because of the low ROI on GPU's angry with you, and the whales that can afford to spread the ROI across many GPU's get fatter.

Also makes devs poorer. Just saying.

Selling it responsibly can be good for everyone involved - don't be a dick and sell a 10x faster miner, release most of it slowly, and sell one that's around 2x faster. That way, the public isn't too far behind.

Program it into a miner and have the miner auto donate 1%..  Easy enough.  Level playing field AND you get coin.

Don't you remem- oh, fuck it. I'm tired of teaching people crypto history.

I'm wondering about "-g" settings, does this have something to do the number of cpu cores and not from GPU?

no "-g" is the number of gpu stream
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
I'm wondering about "-g" settings, does this have something to do the number of cpu cores and not from GPU?

no "-g" is the number of gpu stream
It was only the wind.
Well, you can lower your voltages and clocks, to get same hashrate with less watts. Less clock necessarily doesn't mean less watts, but less voltage almost definetily does..

But yes, running higher hashrate means higher watts also. I haven't measured it because power consumption is not an issue for me, but the GPUs seem to run a bit hotter.

Don't start with him - no matter how much you tell him that, he insists that you can lower power usage in the kernel and keep the same hashrate. Of course, you can, but that's obviously crippling it.
Grin bensam is the power troll (been doing this on all threads...)
however, he should look at lyra2 miner, it is a low power algo

I really hate this kind of troll - the kind where you can't tell if they're deliberately pretending to be stupid to annoy you, or if they just sit there ignoring because they ARE stupid.

I made a comparison between using sgminer-5.1 and CPU miner for QRK to find CPU is more effective!
sgminer
share (a): 594
share (r): 4
20 hour

CPU Mining
share (a) 711
share (r) 4
20 hour

So what's with that?
Using GPU should should produce more but isn't on my case!
I seems to suspect it has something to do with setting you've provided!
Again, I am using AMD 7 240 series!
Windows 7 64bit but none binaries are available for win64bit!

If number of thread is based on my GPU then how can I know which thread number to use as there not information leading?

I have to be clear here, I don't know which setting to use yet

I tried using just the program as command prompt and I get the following warnings:
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT is not specified
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS is not specified

Once I know those settings that overide those above then it might be easier
Is there way to show listing of option using program?

I do understand it possible mining quarkcoin using this but I am unsure the best setting for Diamond AMD Radeon R7 200 series.
I have latest catalyst and tried using without specifying amount of video ram following stream using sph-sgminer:
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT

Too many rejected shares and I am doing better mining on a CPU which I am earning 50 QRK in two week than on gpu.

Since windows binaries is availasble and so I can test it, proper settings would be great.
Any feedback?
dont know what settings your using but i found it works best with 2 threads and intensity no higher than 14
also i never get any HW errors and the only rejects are stale shares

This might help in your .bat file

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
that won't help his rejects/HW errors though
i assume he doesn't know how to set up sgminer at all
try this (from OP, with minor modification)
Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
sgminer --algorithm quarkcoin --no-extranonce -I 14 -g 2 -w 64 -o stratum+tcp://some-quark-pool:3333 -u ... -p ...
Activity: 425

(it should work with metallicjames is you use in lyra2RE.cl the blake256 code of metallicjames version.

Um i don't get it, if i want to use the metallicjames version with your kernel, which kernel files do i need to replace exactly?
Cause if i'm not mistaken, simply replacing all metallicjames' lyra2re related kernel files with your kernel files won't work..
thanks.

You need to replace the first kernel in the new lyra2RE.cl which is starting with "search(" actually lines 152 to 225) by the old one. Then it should work.

Didn't work, replaced the codes mentioned with the old one, produce the same error as before being replaced:

Proper recording is not this: --gpu-platform 1
Could you give a more detailed explanation of what exactly makes this line, what it means.
Thank you.
It was only the wind.
Well, you can lower your voltages and clocks, to get same hashrate with less watts. Less clock necessarily doesn't mean less watts, but less voltage almost definetily does..

But yes, running higher hashrate means higher watts also. I haven't measured it because power consumption is not an issue for me, but the GPUs seem to run a bit hotter.

Don't start with him - no matter how much you tell him that, he insists that you can lower power usage in the kernel and keep the same hashrate. Of course, you can, but that's obviously crippling it.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100

thanks.

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

thanks.

It was only the wind.

Trim it down and increase power efficiency instead for the same hashrate people are already getting. I'm guessing with the above optimizations it also increases  power usage?

Dude... my god you are thick.
Warning!
AMD has a new driver with Omega (14.12) revision number for window 64 bit. I am unsure about other system, please do not download/install as all sgminers listed through thread crashes my GPU

Until developers test new built with latest amd drivers, it best not download install omega driver for the time being!
Activity: 434
it is Catalyst 14.6

Mine is 7970 or 7990, so there might be some difference between them and your 280x. You can try w= 64. I also use 14.7. But it should be similar to 14.6.
Jump to: