Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 115. (Read 877846 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
What are people getting with 280x's and Lyra? Wondering if I should try again for vert since the last time the miner never worked after hours of trying to figure it out.

I am not actively mining this but with xI=128, 1000/1500, g 2, w 256, tc 8192 I get 845 Kh/s and very low temps.  Probably could be better if I had a reason to tweak the settings.

Try 710/1500, you might get higher if you have hynex memory.

Yeah, all mine are Hynix.  I could successfully lower the clocks to 710 and still get about 826.  I'm using the 12/05/14 build, sgminer-v5-Lyra2RE-RC1-WIN32.

Try catalyst 14.6 or 14.7
I don't always drink...
What are people getting with 280x's and Lyra? Wondering if I should try again for vert since the last time the miner never worked after hours of trying to figure it out.

I am not actively mining this but with xI=128, 1000/1500, g 2, w 256, tc 8192 I get 845 Kh/s and very low temps.  Probably could be better if I had a reason to tweak the settings.

Yeah, all mine are Hynix.  I could successfully lower the clocks to 710 and still get about 826.  I'm using the 12/05/14 build, sgminer-v5-Lyra2RE-RC1-WIN32.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

I don't always drink...

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.

Humm. I'm not sure why I'm showing you this, maybe because I have something to brag and I like bragging. Smiley

I made some small optimizations on the Wolf's neoscrypt kernel. Now it does 430khs on 280x, 450khs on r9 290, and 260khs on r9 270.

I'm thinking what I should do with this. There's no point to release this to public as this would just make net hashrate rocket and everyone would still get the same profit.

Either release it for free, or bury it and never release it.

Optomizing the kernel and skyrocketing the hashrate by releasing it does nothing but allow cards to get what they should really be getting anyway.

Burying it changes nothing.

Selling it, simply makes people that can't afford to buy it because of the low ROI on GPU's angry with you, and the whales that can afford to spread the ROI across many GPU's get fatter.

Also makes devs poorer. Just saying.

Selling it responsibly can be good for everyone involved - don't be a dick and sell a 10x faster miner, release most of it slowly, and sell one that's around 2x faster. That way, the public isn't too far behind.
legendary
try to use it and report, new binaries here we will know (don't have a 280x)
http://ge.tt/5zIW3972/v/0?c
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
It was only the wind.

Humm. I'm not sure why I'm showing you this, maybe because I have something to brag and I like bragging. Smiley

I made some small optimizations on the Wolf's neoscrypt kernel. Now it does 430khs on 280x, 450khs on r9 290, and 260khs on r9 270.

I'm thinking what I should do with this. There's no point to release this to public as this would just make net hashrate rocket and everyone would still get the same profit.

Well done! I haven't worked on it since, as I've got another little project Cheesy
legendary

(it should work with metallicjames is you use in lyra2RE.cl the blake256 code of metallicjames version.

Um i don't get it, if i want to use the metallicjames version with your kernel, which kernel files do i need to replace exactly?
Cause if i'm not mistaken, simply replacing all metallicjames' lyra2re related kernel files with your kernel files won't work..
thanks.
no it won't work directly, the first kernel has been rewritten.

You need to replace the first kernel in the new lyra2RE.cl which is starting with "search(" actually lines 152 to 225) by the old one. Then it should work.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10

(it should work with metallicjames is you use in lyra2RE.cl the blake256 code of metallicjames version.

Um i don't get it, if i want to use the metallicjames version with your kernel, which kernel files do i need to replace exactly?
Cause if i'm not mistaken, simply replacing all metallicjames' lyra2re related kernel files with your kernel files won't work..
thanks.
legendary
new kernel for the version in github/djm34 http://ge.tt/41D9Y872/v/0?c

current hashrate on my 290x at 1030/1250 with -g2 -I20 -w64   1.46MH/s (average after stabilization) was 1.32MH/s before

donation welcomed: VyF9fXUSt5iZH6GuA8WvUw4NrVhcybMiLA
(even though it was a paid job... vtc has fall off  Grin) so please makes updating the code worthy...

please also report problems as well as your speed (I can't reach the 1500MH mem clock... so I am a little curious)

It was only the wind.
I see many of you guys struggling with manual sgminer compilation/building ... if you're just looking for latest windows/linux builds you can always take a look here: https://www.nicehash.com/download/nightly/ ... whenever a change will be made to sgminer/master or sgminer/devel, a new build will be available to download (thanks to elbandi for the automatic build system).

sgminer-5.0-daily-xxx are from master branch (aka production)
sgminer-dev-daily-xxx are from the devel branch

Wolf, will either of these builds work with your latest neoscrypt kernel?

They should; unless you mean the Hawaii one - in that case, no.
Activity: 169
Anybody noticed that keccak unroll seems to be ignored in the dailies?  I can't get ku0 appended to the bin name. 
ku options are only setup for X algo's i believe

Yeah, I'm still mining x coins.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Anybody noticed that keccak unroll seems to be ignored in the dailies?  I can't get ku0 appended to the bin name. 
ku options are only setup for X algo's i believe
It was only the wind.
I copied those kernels into sgminer/kernel but that didn't change anything. It seems that the problem is in sgminer itself. Why don't those Linux builds include anything but just kernel files? There are also many other files that is needed for mining.

The linux build, for example this one https://www.nicehash.com/download/nightly/sgminer-5.0-daily-20141204-115-linux-amd64.zip includes all kernels (.cl files) and the sgminer binary itself - there is nothing else that you need (no other files). Run "./sgminer -n" when you extract the zip and post what you get.
Sorry, I didn't notice that the application was dumped into same folder with kernel files. However, even that build blanks the terminal windows and prints exactly the same message "Segmentation fault" and refuses to start.

What distro are you using? I noticed Nicehash dynamically links their Windows builds, if they do the same for linux, it could easily not work on your system.
Activity: 169
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
My sgminer versions are updated with Lyra2RE now for those that want to use it
Hello,where do i download the Sgminer for Lyra2RE friend ? Thank you

https://github.com/metalicjames/sgminer-Lyra2RE
Thanks,i got it.But after 1 day mined of VTC - Lyre2re ,seem the profit did not equal FTC,just back to mine FTC - the last stand at this time.Anyone got higher mining speed ?please help to share the configs pls,nearly die at this time Sad

What are you getting?
Really appreciate your kernel for mining FTC,it's helping us survive at this time & no more request from you.I'm getting 140 Kh/s with R9 270 & 280 Kh/s with 7950,but seem diff and hashrate increased while the price is going down.Life is so hard

Ah, okay. I've got 290kh/s on 270X and 420kh/s on 7950 so far - still working.
Congrats.You are genius.Finding the way to catch you ;-) ,just kidding
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
My sgminer versions are updated with Lyra2RE now for those that want to use it
Hello,where do i download the Sgminer for Lyra2RE friend ? Thank you

https://github.com/metalicjames/sgminer-Lyra2RE
Thanks,i got it.But after 1 day mined of VTC - Lyre2re ,seem the profit did not equal FTC,just back to mine FTC - the last stand at this time.Anyone got higher mining speed ?please help to share the configs pls,nearly die at this time Sad

What are you getting?
Really appreciate your kernel for mining FTC,it's helping us survive at this time & no more request from you.I'm getting 140 Kh/s with R9 270 & 280 Kh/s with 7950,but seem diff and hashrate increased while the price is going down.Life is so hard
Jump to: