Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 159. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 528
Merit: 500
can i change the order gpu's appear in afterburner ?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Hi,

where can i download v5? The link in the OP is down. Genuine question.

Thanks.

EDIT: Of course it´s in the binaries link. duh.........
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
He's been lucky so far - someone will probably reverse engineer it and steal it.
If wolf0 doesn't actually contribute something to this thread, then can a mod hurry up and step in here?  

This thread is supposed to be about sgminer v5, not wolf0's private unreleased optimizations and bragging rights...  Like wow...

It's served its purpose - it was advertisement, not bragging rights. I assumed, correctly, that some farmers read threads like these - therefore I posted.
Fine... trying to advertise still seems totally off topic and inappropriate for this thread.

This is GPLv3 software.  If you're going to modify it and not release it, then just keep it to yourself and don't talk about it.  If you're going to talk about it, then honor the nature of the project and release the source code for your modifications...  Many have come before Wolf0 to create the sgminer we have today, and you don't see floating around advertising their unreleased modifications.  If you want to release a private miner, then develop it from scratch and license it how you want.

Actually, that's not such a bad idea - I can't make certain optimizations now because the sgminer code is nearly impossible to get through. I'm not here to show off - I'm here simply because I didn't know anyone with a large AMD farm. And you're right about many having come before me to create it - the major improvements to X11 stolen, might I add.

As for building on others' hard work, that's not anything to be ashamed of. I highly doubt any of you build your own cars from scrap metal. SGMiner is an infrastructure that I used so that I didn't have to re-invent the wheel - it doesn't mean I am incapable of doing so, only that I recognize that it's a better investment of time to replace what's broken.

phzi, your attitude (about "nature of the project" saying release source) embodies exactly WHY most of the algorithms in SGMiner mine so slowly: You act entitled to other people's work - just like the people who stole from girino. You, and people like you, are the reason why most good devs don't dare spend time writing code to be used by all miners. And it seems like no one wants to say that. There are all sorts of people on this board who are amazing at this - but they figure they'd be wasting their time. I'll probably get hated on, but there it is.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
branch of the miner turns to school farce, well, he did uludsheniya, well done to say, he will sell it or not sell his right, because not all the money is measured, will use the fact that there is also thanks to tech who does the work
Ok. I've got the moded miner from badman74. My R 270x show 2.95 mh and my R9 280x show 4.6 mh. Is this good or with this moded miner more is possible?

Thank you!
You can search back through this thread to find your cards hash rates ,,,
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Ok. I've got the moded miner from badman74. My R 270x show 2.95 mh and my R9 280x show 4.6 mh. Is this good or with this moded miner more is possible?

Thank you!
It was only the wind.
He's been lucky so far - someone will probably reverse engineer it and steal it.
If wolf0 doesn't actually contribute something to this thread, then can a mod hurry up and step in here?  

This thread is supposed to be about sgminer v5, not wolf0's private unreleased optimizations and bragging rights...  Like wow...

It's served its purpose - it was advertisement, not bragging rights. I assumed, correctly, that some farmers read threads like these - therefore I posted.
Hello everyone,

I was a bit away from the forum and I want to catch up a bit.

Which is the latest version of sgminer 5, modified or not, the best ati drivers to go for.I have 1 sapphire 270x and 2 sapphire 280 dual-x. to mine x11,x13,x15 and nist5 algos. What config is best for them for these algos up to now.

Any support will be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

check out page one or look in this thread  for badman74 for modded miner  i using a mixture of latest amd and 14.6
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Hello everyone,

I was a bit away from the forum and I want to catch up a bit.

Which is the latest version of sgminer 5, modified or not, the best ati drivers to go for.I have 1 sapphire 270x and 2 sapphire 280 dual-x. to mine x11,x13,x15 and nist5 algos. What config is best for them for these algos up to now.

Any support will be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
So, it's for sure then that wolf0 is violating the GPLv3 by not providing source code even when he is distributing the binaries?  Great... what a fucking asshole.  I really hope one of the sgminer or cgminer devs sue him.

Build your own miner and stop stealing, wolf0!  Or try being honorable for once and stop violating software licenses.

The thing is, even if he violated GPL, it will be a moot point as soon as someone released an equivalent open source miner, which isn't really hard to do given all the information we have from this thread, and the fact that AMD even posted their own optimization guide.

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/opencl-optimization-guide/#50401334_pgfId-448804

So instead of all the useless whining about wolf, which will definitely not change his mind, maybe people should get to work.

true, but don't expect that guide to help you much.
optimizations are much more subtle and you need to know programming and the algorythms pretty well.
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
So, it's for sure then that wolf0 is violating the GPLv3 by not providing source code even when he is distributing the binaries?  Great... what a fucking asshole.  I really hope one of the sgminer or cgminer devs sue him.

Build your own miner and stop stealing, wolf0!  Or try being honorable for once and stop violating software licenses.

The thing is, even if he violated GPL, it will be a moot point as soon as someone released an equivalent open source miner, which isn't really hard to do given all the information we have from this thread, and the fact that AMD even posted their own optimization guide.

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/opencl-optimization-guide/#50401334_pgfId-448804

So instead of all the useless whining about wolf, which will definitely not change his mind, maybe people should get to work.
Activity: 658
Ok I have just got my 290x cards to hash over 5.6m on x11 but they will only do it one or two at a time ,, each time i restart the miner a different card peaks up to 5.68m

the temps only reach 83, the fan speed is 60, i have no shortage of power and i have seen all the cards hit 5.68m with the clock settings they are set to

so why could they all not run over 5.6m all the time ?

cheers
not sure really but you can try my config for 290x, just change the clocks to suit you
Code:

{
"profiles" : [
{
"name" : "x11",
"xintensity" : "64",
"algorithm" : "x11"
},
{
"name" : "x13",
"algorithm" : "x13"
},
{
"name" : "x14",
"algorithm" : "x14"
},
{
"name" : "x15",
"algorithm" : "x15"
},
{
"name" : "NIST5",
"intensity" : "16",
"algorithm" : "nist5"
},
{
"name" : "whirlcoin",
"algorithm" : "whirlcoin"
},
{
"name" : "diamond",
"xintensity" : "64",
"worksize": "256",
"algorithm" : "diamond"
},
{
"name" : "scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"gpu-engine": "1000,1000",
"gpu-memclock" : "1250,1250",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-threads": "1",
"algorithm" : "zuikkis"
},
{
"name" : "nscrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"gpu-engine": "1000,1000",
"gpu-memclock" : "1250,1250",
"algorithm" : "alexkarnew",
"nfactor" : "11"
},
{
"name" : "keccak",
"intensity" : "12",
"gpu-threads": "4",
"algorithm" : "keccak"
},
{
"name" : "qubit",
"intensity" : "14",
"algorithm" : "qubitcoin"
},
{
"name" : "quark",
"intensity" : "14",
"algorithm" : "quarkcoin"
}
],
"worksize": "64",
"hamsi-expand-big" : "7",
"hamsi-short" : true,
"blake-compact" : true,
"keccak-unroll" : "8",
"luffa-parallel" : true,
"gpu-fan" : "90-100",
"gpu-engine": "1040,1040",
"gpu-memclock" : "1375,1375",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"failover-only" : true,
"temp-cutoff" : "96",
"temp-overheat" : "94",
"temp-target" : "85",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : false,
"expiry" : "1",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log-show-date" : true,
"log" : "5",
"net-delay" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"temp-hysteresis" : "5",
"shares" : "0",
"no-submit-stale" : false,
"no-restart" : false,
"failover-switch-delay" : "30",
"show-coindiff" : true,
"remove-disabled" : true
}
It was only the wind.
I made, and released, miners that were several times faster than the best public one for XMR. I barely got anything in donations. Making the same mistake twice is called stupidity.

Use claymore strategy, auto fee for dev

Again, remember girino?

claymore dev is happy with auto fee  Grin

Ok I have just got my 290x cards to hash over 5.6m on x11 but they will only do it one or two at a time ,, each time i restart the miner a different card peaks up to 5.68m

the temps only reach 83, the fan speed is 60, i have no shortage of power and i have seen all the cards hit 5.68m with the clock settings they are set to

so why could they all not run over 5.6m all the time ?

cheers
Activity: 658
Guys, please give advice. How should i compile sgminer 5 for mining on multipools (trademybit, nicehash) now ? Is it below correct ?
Code:
git clone -b v5_0 https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer.git
cd sgminer
git submodule init
git submodule update
autoreconf -i
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure
make

And second questions, which drivers are the best for mining on r9 270 on Linux ?
Remove -b v5_0 as it has been rolled into master branch
Everything else looks fine
I use 14.6 drivers myself
It was only the wind.
I made, and released, miners that were several times faster than the best public one for XMR. I barely got anything in donations. Making the same mistake twice is called stupidity.

Use claymore strategy, auto fee for dev

Again, remember girino?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Loving the Asus DCII 290X  Grin

Just for the fun  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Where can I get a miner for linux that hashes x11 at > 4.8mh on a 7950 other than from wolf?
If you don't know how, hire a developer to help you?  Anyone with a cl and profiling experience could likely offer significant improvements.

This said, wolf0 ALWAYS seems to exaggerate his hashrate claims.  His apparent optimized XMR miner was "over 2x as fast", but nobody ever saw such a drastic improvement over lucas's build, not in reported hashrate, and certainly not in actual hashes submitted to the pool.

Where can I get a miner for linux that hashes x11 at > 4.8mh on a 7950 other than from wolf?
anywhere he did not publish
What does this even mean?
I think he meant that you can't get x11 > 4.8MH/s on a 7950 from wolf0, because he didn't publish his solutions.  But, he has hinted that if you PM him he might sell them to you.
he refused to sell it to me
It was only the wind.
Do you want donations? Sell your shotcoins and buy darkcoin. Santa might be early this year:)

Wow, a donation that could actually cause the recipient to LOSE money. That's new.
Jump to: