Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 162. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
290X doing 7.6MH/s - I should have tried -g 2 earlier! Really hot here, though, so I can't run it like that constantly yet.
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
Guys

the mh/s and the GPU clocks you are getting on R9 290x's ,,,,,,

do your card;s have standard cooling fans Huh

I ask because i cant get any where near some of those high GPU clocks, the very max i can get with stock cooler's is 1020 so how am i seeing some ppl get clocks as high as  1050;s +

cheers

What's your room temperature? is the case well cooled?
I use a big fan blowing from the front of the case thru the cards. And all as open as possible.

My GPU temps are 78 stable do i need to have lower temp to reach like 1040 GPU engin clock ?

I also max out my 290X's at 1020 (and 1375 on memory) with X11 and X15. I run at 88C (I seem to recall reading that they run better when hotter; at any rate they are rated up to 95C). I have my 290X's sitting outside the rig and the fans on them run around 60% holding at 88C, so I doubt if fans/temps are the controlling issue here. It doesn't make any difference whether I have my box fan running on them or not, at any rate.

My 290X's are Sapphire BF4 edition from Jan/Feb. of this year. Perhaps later builds of the 290X are more robust?
You may need to over volt the cards a little to get above 1020 engine stable
I run mine at +25
I thought something like that might be the case ,,,+25 what ?    ,,,,,, +25% the VDDC voltage as recorded with GPUZ ?
Activity: 658
Guys

I ask because i cant get any where near some of those high GPU clocks, the very max i can get with stock cooler's is 1020 so how am i seeing some ppl get clocks as high as  1050;s +

cheers

I use a big fan blowing from the front of the case thru the cards. And all as open as possible.

My GPU temps are 78 stable do i need to have lower temp to reach like 1040 GPU engin clock ?

I also max out my 290X's at 1020 (and 1375 on memory) with X11 and X15. I run at 88C (I seem to recall reading that they run better when hotter; at any rate they are rated up to 95C). I have my 290X's sitting outside the rig and the fans on them run around 60% holding at 88C, so I doubt if fans/temps are the controlling issue here. It doesn't make any difference whether I have my box fan running on them or not, at any rate.

My 290X's are Sapphire BF4 edition from Jan/Feb. of this year. Perhaps later builds of the 290X are more robust?
You may need to over volt the cards a little to get above 1020 engine stable
I run mine at +25
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1036
Guys

cheers

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Guys

cheers

not in general, but the gpu may throttle because the fan if already at max speed.
did you check the actual gpu clock to be what you set (> 1020)?
It was only the wind.
can ya include that performace gains for groestl algo coins ( DMD Diamond GRS Groestcoin and so on)  into official sgminer release

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8787378

its basical just a cl mod and it can be required use pregenerated .bin files

more details u can get from pallas
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/pallas-164852
that one is already in my mod (though at the moment it is for diamond only)
if you want the speedup for groestlcoin you will need to copy diamond.cl and rename it groestlcoin.cl

Edit: It seems I never pushed the changes though to github....
Will update when I get off work.

That groestl actually slowed down X11 a little bit for me until I modified it.
Guys

cheers

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Guys

cheers

Guys

cheers
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
I made, and released, miners that were several times faster than the best public one for XMR. I barely got anything in donations. Making the same mistake twice is called stupidity.
The trouble with selling the miner is that there is no way to protect the kernels from the person who buys it turning right around and giving them away
Why not doing it  Claymore-way?
It was only the wind.
Of course it's not. I didn't use any of those MaxDZ8 kernels, because I didn't want to modify sgminer itself. This is really child's play, not serious work.
Care to explain?

SGminer itself would have to be modified to use your kernels, which are excellent. The stuff I'm doing is mostly child's play - not really difficult at all.
Activity: 113
Merit: 14
I made, and released, miners that were several times faster than the best public one for XMR. I barely got anything in donations. Making the same mistake twice is called stupidity.
The trouble with selling the miner is that there is no way to protect the kernels from the person who buys it turning right around and giving them away

Of course - which is why I sell it to one large farmer for a high price. His own need to get a return on his investment stops him from sharing it - I can even offer him an exclusive deal, that is, I only sell it once, to him. I've seen what this community does to miners with fees - I'm not getting tricked that way.
Completely right decision.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
sgminer_v5 does not include HEFTY1 algo  Sad
Activity: 658
It was only the wind.
It's easy to improve the speed of the current X11, x13 and x15 miners since other coders has published their optimized miners:

MaxDZ8
https://github.com/MaxDZ8/M8M/tree/master/M8M/kernels

cubehash
Echo
luffa
shavite
simd

pallas (groestl)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anngrsdmddgb-pallas-optimized-groestl-opencl-kernels-779598

5 out ot 11 x11 hashfunctions optimized.

on R9 280x I get the best stable results with

-w 64 -I 17 -g 4

gpu clock 1100 and memclock 1500

5800 is good wolf0, but it's not optimal.

Of course it's not. I didn't use any of those MaxDZ8 kernels, because I didn't want to modify sgminer itself. This is really child's play, not serious work.

Also, aren't you the one that said you could make X11 FAR faster on Nvidia? You talk a lot, but no one has seen proof of... well, anything.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
290X doing 7.6MH/s - I should have tried -g 2 earlier! Really hot here, though, so I can't run it like that constantly yet.

Hey "-g 2" is the same as "GPU Thread's 2" Yeah ?

Right.

EDIT: Got 290s doing 7.1MH/s at 1050/1250 - I know a 290X can crack 8, but I have to wait until it's cooler...
you would be better to show the source code of the people and not your ability to hvastatsya programirovat

If you're good at something... well, you know the end of the quote.

Proof of 7.1MH/s on 290 (nsfw, as usual): https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/x11290wolf.png

who needs that proof here,
and all those last several pages of bs about optimizations,
ppl want christmas gift, not the proof of it

Of course they do. Who wouldn't want to profit off of someone else's work and leave them nothing? Miners love that shit.
would pay I do not mind
legendary

Right.

EDIT: Got 290s doing 7.1MH/s at 1050/1250 - I know a 290X can crack 8, but I have to wait until it's cooler...
you would be better to show the source code of the people and not your ability to hvastatsya programirovat

Proof of 7.1MH/s on 290 (nsfw, as usual): https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/x11290wolf.png

who needs that proof here,
and all those last several pages of bs about optimizations,
ppl want christmas gift, not the proof of it

+1
It was only the wind.
280X above 5.75MH/s with new settings!

EDIT: Actually, 5.8MH+ sustained with a clock bump.
I really would like to see what you did the the darkcoin kernel to get those hash rates, maybe I could incorporate the speedups in the other kernels as well.
Unfortunately I don't know enough to build the kernels myself without at least something to dissect, even then it doesn't always work for me.

I rewrote some algorithms - X13 and X15 are a lot faster, too. X15 I modified Hamsi quite a bit (god, whoever wrote that must have been smoking something strong), and then I completely rewrote shabal. Also, I rewrote one in X11. Oh, yeah - replaced Groestl, too. I might go for JH next - looks like rather low-hanging fruit.
legendary

Right.

on your miner 290 can give more, you just have to pick the best settings
legendary

Right.

Jump to: