Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 161. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I made, and released, miners that were several times faster than the best public one for XMR. I barely got anything in donations. Making the same mistake twice is called stupidity.
The trouble with selling the miner is that there is no way to protect the kernels from the person who buys it turning right around and giving them away

Of course - which is why I sell it to one large farmer for a high price. His own need to get a return on his investment stops him from sharing it - I can even offer him an exclusive deal, that is, I only sell it once, to him. I've seen what this community does to miners with fees - I'm not getting tricked that way.
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
So when it comes to a raise in mh/s against a raise in wu am i right in thinking that i would take the drop in mh/s and keep the raise in wu ?
Activity: 547
Merit: 250
Right?  Aren't we mostly here since we reverse-engineered girino's original darkcoin-mod.cl?

Remember our roots people.

If Wolf0 shares; he shares.  That'd be nice, but it seems right now there's no explicit reason to do so.

Hopefully in the future.
It was only the wind.
I made, and released, miners that were several times faster than the best public one for XMR. I barely got anything in donations. Making the same mistake twice is called stupidity.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1036
Running 8x R9 290X is going to cost $300/month in electricity to make maybe .5 BTC at most; and now that BTC is in the shitter at $420/USD we're losing nearly 30% by mining alone.

It'd be nice for some of the dedicated and die-hard supporters of the thread to band together and see what we can do about it, but you're right, by more people having a higher hashrate - everybody loses.

What a conundrum.

Maybe time to go for the new maxwell 9xx series with their low powerconsumption( gtx 970 vs 290x =100watt less)
About their hashrates we have to see yet.

At this point I don't think it makes any sense to invest in any new GPU hardware unless it gave a dozen times the current hashrate of a current top-end card for the same electricity. Even the leasing market seems to have dried up, at least in my neck of the woods. I'm mining at a loss, rationalizing it based on the fact that the weather has turned cooler so I'm getting some benefit from the heat produced again. (Propane costs in my area ran way higher than electrical heating costs last winter.)
Activity: 294
Running 8x R9 290X is going to cost $300/month in electricity to make maybe .5 BTC at most; and now that BTC is in the shitter at $420/USD we're losing nearly 30% by mining alone.

It'd be nice for some of the dedicated and die-hard supporters of the thread to band together and see what we can do about it, but you're right, by more people having a higher hashrate - everybody loses.

What a conundrum.

Maybe time to go for the new maxwell 9xx series with their low powerconsumption( gtx 970 vs 290x =100watt less)
About their hashrates we have to see yet.
It was only the wind.
290X doing 7.6MH/s - I should have tried -g 2 earlier! Really hot here, though, so I can't run it like that constantly yet.

Hey "-g 2" is the same as "GPU Thread's 2" Yeah ?

Right.

EDIT: Got 290s doing 7.1MH/s at 1050/1250 - I know a 290X can crack 8, but I have to wait until it's cooler...
you would be better to show the source code of the people and not your ability to hvastatsya programirovat

If you're good at something... well, you know the end of the quote.

Proof of 7.1MH/s on 290 (nsfw, as usual): https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/x11290wolf.png

who needs that proof here,
and all those last several pages of bs about optimizations,
ppl want christmas gift, not the proof of it

Of course they do. Who wouldn't want to profit off of someone else's work and leave them nothing? Miners love that shit.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Use claymore strategy, auto fee for dev

Again, remember girino?

claymore dev is happy with auto fee  Grin
Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Use claymore strategy, auto fee for dev
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Do you want donations? Sell your shotcoins and buy darkcoin. Santa might be early this year:)
It was only the wind.
290X doing 7.6MH/s - I should have tried -g 2 earlier! Really hot here, though, so I can't run it like that constantly yet.

Right.

EDIT: Got 290s doing 7.1MH/s at 1050/1250 - I know a 290X can crack 8, but I have to wait until it's cooler...
you would be better to show the source code of the people and not your ability to hvastatsya programirovat

If you're good at something... well, you know the end of the quote.

Proof of 7.1MH/s on 290 (nsfw, as usual): https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/x11290wolf.png
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

What a conundrum.
miner should be those who have less GPU, I suppose one farm with 4 cards

What a conundrum.
It was only the wind.

Right.

I'm with Wolf0 on this one; as far as not wanting to share.

badman74, Elun, lasybear, bullus; all of us here basically, have spent months now spending time optimizing, sharing configs, wrapping personalized binaries, sharing kernel mods and bins and...

I'm willing to bet not a single fucking donation has ever been posted to any one of us.

I can confirm on my side I've received absolutely nothing.

It's been a fun hobby and everything but the last 4 months I've been losing to electricity costs with my 290Xs.

It's been depressing as fuck.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1036
Or +25 powertune :-)
I've had +25 (or +20 in older trials) set for Powertune, it hasn't made any difference in my experience.
My Asus DCII 290X is running between 1.133-1.172V @ 1050/1350 (stock)

U can try MSI afterburner to OC/overvolt your card.
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
+25mV

thanks ,,, I am not sure i am able to do this voltage raise when i try to do it with sgminer it says "voltage not changed" ,,,Maybe because these cards are Asus R9 290 (nonx) but "unlocked",, brought very early from OCUK
because they were "unlocked" from new I was able to flash them with a R9 290x bios made by the "stilt" this enabled me to get hash rates of a R9 290x as opposed to a non x
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Jump to: