Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 78. (Read 877846 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
Any chance someone with a working 290X binary for Neoscrypt could share it here?

Good work Wolf0, the best I'd seen previously was maybe 120 kh. You obviously have a talent at this.
not *.bin but *.cl  Wink
i think, with this diff.rate of 12.1  Shocked  optimization of neo-algo is usless for current coins...may be it will help to mine/sell new coins
he will only sell, it in its priority only money Wink
ok. lets state the bounty for neo-kernel-mod-improvement
may be 0.5btc?

Forget it - I'm going to release the fix for 14.9. I just need to water down my own block mix - including chacha and salsa (lol, water down my salsa) - and the way it's called. The original dev fucked up those so bad they won't work on 14.x. Blake2S is so stupid, I'm amazed the dev can walk and talk at the same time, but hey, it does work on 14.9.

does this mean sgminer will work with chacha?  aka scrypt-jane?   

if not, are there any plans to add chacha to sgminer ? 
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
are the sgminer v5 Win64 binaries other than the wolf's ones?
expecting more perf from the 64bit openCL libs.

edit: my error, new to GPU mining

any idea with this when running with quarkcoin switch?

Code:
[13:42:18] Error -11: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[13:42:18] fcl build 1 succeeded.
fcl build 2 succeeded.
Error: parse error.
Error: parse error.

[13:42:18] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
[13:42:18] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
[13:42:18] Re-check your configuration and try restarting.
Press enter to continue:

[13:42:26] thread_prepare failed for thread 0

C:\Users\FB\Downloads\sgminer_v5.1_2015-03-09-win32\sgminer_v5.1_2015-03-09>
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
is it possible to hope that the data rate will be available to the common people? or are they only for the gods of coding?

If you wait until he's squeezed all the profit out of it, he might then share some BIN's with you!

He has bills to pay.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
is it possible to hope that the data rate will be available to the common people? or are they only for the gods of coding?

If you wait until he's squeezed all the profit out of it, he might then share some BIN's with you!
Activity: 152
I understand that the work always has a cost. The issue price and when?))
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Nothing's free in this world anymore my friend... Undecided
...but as they say: hope dies last. So...  Smiley
Activity: 152
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

And I reached 11.39MH/s on 280X with my third pass working on it, temps slightly higher - 69C on 60% fan now (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/quarkwolf-04202015.png

how you do it ? wich settings you use ? stock kernel or you write your own one ?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Anything that's profitable, there will be huge farms on - you can make a PoW or pick one, it hardly makes much of a difference.

Thanks for your reply.

But some algorithms, like Fresh or Groestl, are less popular. Yet more energy efficient. Also no multipools on them.
Perhaps some other like these exist? Quark?

I think that using less popular algo will improve the evenness of distribution.

I think it's the opposite: less popular = more chance of someone optimizing it badly and getting all the coins.
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
Anything that's profitable, there will be huge farms on - you can make a PoW or pick one, it hardly makes much of a difference.

Thanks for your reply.

But some algorithms, like Fresh or Groestl, are less popular. Yet more energy efficient. Also no multipools on them.
Perhaps some other like these exist? Quark?

I think that using less popular algo will improve the evenness of distribution.
Activity: 86
Hi!

Sorry, I'm new here.

I want to create my own coin.

What is the best GPU POW algorithm? Energy efficiency and fair distribution wise.

I know that there are huge farms on X11 algos, I'd like to avoid that.

Thanks in advance.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
How much does a ATI 290 (noX) with the newest SGminer and .bin files make on:
X11 ~ 8000 kh/s
X13 ~ ? ? ?  kh/s
X15 ~ ? ? ?  kh/s
Quark ~ ? ? ? kh/s

Thank you Smiley

I think badman74 said he got 6.9MH/s on Quark with a 290.

EDIT: Never mind, was Qubit.
on quark it looks like i get 4.755mh/s on 290 (non x) at 1050/1500, worksize 256, threads 1, xI 64

Well, it still sucks, but it was a major pain in the ass to do it even approaching well on 15.3 drivers. 6.55MH/s out of 280X. Don't wanna work on it anymore for now.

Full results for 270X, 280X, 290X, and 7950, plus clocks and other info (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/quarkwolf-04182015.png

I was going to leave it alone, but I got a clever idea on a new approach to the problem. The branching in Quark make it a lot more interesting than Qubit, it made me think on it for a minute. So, I worked for most of the night on the major modifications required for the new approach, then fine-tuned the algos specifically for this Quark implementation somewhat - there's some more to do, a few more tricks up my sleeve I want to try out, plus some major code cleaning; I just wanted to get it working for now. 280X hashrate is 8.97MH/s, while temps stay in the mid 60C range on 60% fan.

Other cards and more detailed results (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/quarkwolf-04192015.png

And I reached 11.39MH/s on 280X with my third pass working on it, temps slightly higher - 69C on 60% fan now (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/quarkwolf-04202015.png

Activity: 16
Hhmm, on Quark it looks like Nvidia win the race. 280x - 4.4Mh/s, 750ti - 6.5Mh/s.  Huh

everyone forgot quark, please checking nicehash or westhash lists, one rig got 1G quark' hash rates!! BIG MACHINE!right?
Activity: 109
Merit: 13
Hhmm, on Quark it looks like Nvidia win the race. 280x - 4.4Mh/s, 750ti - 6.5Mh/s.  Huh
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
How much does a ATI 290 (noX) with the newest SGminer and .bin files make on:
X11 ~ 8000 kh/s
X13 ~ ? ? ?  kh/s
X15 ~ ? ? ?  kh/s
Quark ~ ? ? ? kh/s

Thank you Smiley

I think badman74 said he got 6.9MH/s on Quark with a 290.

EDIT: Never mind, was Qubit.
on quark it looks like i get 4.755mh/s on 290 (non x) at 1050/1500, worksize 256, threads 1, xI 64
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
hmm i get only 2.2 at 280 without x.

what settings do you use ?

you see all setting in post above, core/mem clock 1100 both, bin built with 14.7rc3,
no "finetuners" in conf, i can't prove their positive effects

Is it hotter than X11?
i try now 14.7rc3 and get 3.8 on quark ! - great
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002
On a slightly different topic... What's with Blake256???  First off, is there a working SGminer implementation?  I'm having a go at mining Bigcoin and am having minor flashbacks here.  First off, mining fine with CGminer 3.1.1, but can't have the intensity even close to what I'm used to.  Cut the volts on both the 7950 and the 290, showing 70-80W in Aida64, but still too toasty.  Getting hash but not what I'd extrapolate from stats on pools, I'm kinda down in a slot by myself.  Not used to this!  Sucks!

i use 14.9 driver. but if a lower number is better maybe i downgrade it. than can i mine neoscryt also.
hmm i get only 2.2 at 280 without x.

what settings do you use ?
Pages:
Jump to: