Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 82. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 547
Merit: 250
At this point I'd tear the GPU apart, clean the heatsink and get all the old paste off, then re-paste it.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
What are the maximum hashrates for the free kernels X11 and X13 on R280x (1100/1500Mhz) now? My values are X11 - 6.4Mh/s, X13 - 3.5Mh/s.

That's about right - my x13 hasn't been released to the general public yet.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

That's wrong, right?
GPU clock 1130 (pic 1) and GPU core clock (pic 2) should be same right?
legendary

The other card doing just fina at 60% fan
Will try to play with powertune, thanks

what card is it, 280x ?

yes, the same

here we are, my 280x Wolf's public X11, powertune +20.
high VDDC, high current, hotter VRM as usual, no problem at all.
something else wrong in your system,
try exchange cards in slots, what willl you see then ?

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/15/04/03/6q8.png

I tried, even worse, skyrock till 100C Sad
I also tried put that card in another PC where its only this card inside - same shit, above 95C
There must be something wrong with card itself

looks like, and yet fan speed 60% when card is 90C is absolute absurdity
modded firmware ? wrong readings ? is it really 90C ?
then cooling system, disassemble, check everything

I want it at 60% - but its strange how my other cards doing just fine at 60%
legendary

what card is it, 280x ?

yes, the same

here we are, my 280x Wolf's public X11, powertune +20.
high VDDC, high current, hotter VRM as usual, no problem at all.
something else wrong in your system,
try exchange cards in slots, what willl you see then ?

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/15/04/03/6q8.png

I tried, even worse, skyrock till 100C Sad
I also tried put that card in another PC where its only this card inside - same shit, above 95C
There must be something wrong with card itself
legendary

what card is it, 280x ?

yes, the same
It was only the wind.
Here are my neoscrypt.cl and sgminer configurations for 7950 and 280x. I use the 14.6 driver, found no difference using 14.7.
My 7950 does 320KHs at GPU clock 1000 MHz, memclock 1250 MHz, 1.081V GPU core voltage
My 280X does 360KHs at GPU clock 1036 MHz, memclock 1500 MHz, 1.025V GPU core voltage

Not too bad - I've made a few more tweaks to my own - mostly pandering to the stupid compiler.
legendary

What's going on here? Should I be worried about temp? Shouldn't GPU temp be within VRM values?

Gah!  YES!  Usually they're higher.  Check the seating on whatever you're using to cool that sucker.  They'll take high temperatures, everyone says that, but not everyone has actually seen chips 'n' shit flow off a board like warm butter.

60% fan ??
maybe autofan switched off or wrong threshold values.
wake up your fan let him do his job.
and show average readings of vddc and currents, they fluctuate a lot

EDIT: fuck, nothing helps. Not lowering powertune, nor lowering intensity from 19 to 14, always above 90C :/

Huh
legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
There is no miner that can use more than 2 GB of VRAM. This is a bug of opencl. This environment variable is for RAM, instead of VRAM
You are wrong.

z0n0
Your gpu-vddc is too high. Try to fix it at the 1.086v under the mining pressure. Play with PowerTune: from -6 to -xx .
legendary
Activity: 952

What's going on here? Should I be worried about temp? Shouldn't GPU temp be within VRM values?

Gah!  YES!  Usually they're higher.  Check the seating on whatever you're using to cool that sucker.  They'll take high temperatures, everyone says that, but not everyone has actually seen chips 'n' shit flow off a board like warm butter.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Thanks for the response.
I tried running my sgminer with the setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 command, and noticed no difference, GPU still uses ~1.5gb of memory out of avalible 3gb
Should it have made a difference?

There is no miner that can use more than 2 GB of VRAM.
This is a bug of opencl.
This environment variable is for RAM, instead of VRAM
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Thanks for the response.
I tried running my sgminer with the setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 command, and noticed no difference, GPU still uses ~1.5gb of memory out of avalible 3gb

I don't think it makes any difference for algos that don't use the global ram (like groestl) or use it but only for scratch registers (i.e. no explicit buffer allocation) (like x11).
As far as I know, only scrypt uses those kind of buffers in sgminer.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Thanks for the response.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Could someone explain to me what these:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
commands do? I don't use them and hit 5.5mh/s on a 7950 core1050 mem1375
legendary
+1 Atomicat Thank you I already have my CPU custom water cooled and I have got a 360 rad waiting to go on the GPU when I have the money to buy the waterblock and backplate so hopefully that will help Is my batch file correct? I copied it off different post in this section

Oh that custom stuff, does run don't it?  Well if you've got the scratch it's good for the economy. Personally I don't, and I've got this as a poster-sized print on the wall.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d72/AtomicNixon/Art/CheapMaterials.jpg

I don't know just how much more performance you can get out of a custom block setup but I know that the Gelid solutions shown here does an absolutely great job.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX40080

I've got two of them and they'll keep even 7950's out of trouble range.  Again, the problem is never the GPU itself, it's always the VRM's.  Right now I've got Heaven 4.0 running and despite the last fan/sink mod my temps are 45C, and 53/49 on VRM's 1 & 2.  Now that's great, because I was fighting an over 20C difference in all cases, like my 7950, the 6970's, etc etc.  So I guess I'm done with this one and it's now time to take some pics.  Here's somebody going absolutely mad with the sinks.  Total over-kill and about 80% of em doing nothing but he's happy and that's fine.  Gotta love it...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1511914/sapphire-r9-290-arctic-accelero-xtreme-iv-vrm-mod

legendary
anybody tried to start sgminer X11 mining on r9 290 with 15.3 drivers? It stucks with black screen   Undecided

How would I setup my XFX R9 290X for X11 mining please  here is my batch file for myriadcoin-groest which gives me 22Mhs but the fans are on 100% and 70c so I would like to lower it if I could

@echo off
sgminer.exe -k myriadcoin-groestl -o stratum+tcp://europe1.hub.miningpoolhub.com:12005 -u imcloud9.imcloud9 -p x -I 16 -g 2 -w 64 --no-submit-stale --failover-only --gpu-engine 1025 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-powertune 0

Here's something you could try quickly, a negative value for powertune.  See if it'll still run with those clocks and -20 or -50. 
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
anybody tried to start sgminer X11 mining on r9 290 with 15.3 drivers? It stucks with black screen   Undecided

How would I setup my XFX R9 290X for X11 mining please  here is my batch file for myriadcoin-groest which gives me 22Mhs but the fans are on 100% and 70c so I would like to lower it if I could

@echo off
sgminer.exe -k myriadcoin-groestl -o stratum+tcp://europe1.hub.miningpoolhub.com:12005 -u imcloud9.imcloud9 -p x -I 16 -g 2 -w 64 --no-submit-stale --failover-only --gpu-engine 1025 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-powertune 0
It was only the wind.
(number & (power_of_two - 1)) of course.
A bit more detail for non programmer?
Are you saying you want to program crypto algorythms in opencl without understanding "(number & (power_of_two - 1))"?
I kinda feel the same way, but I'll be a little gentler. BitmoreCoin, you may want to look up bitwise operators and things like that - an AND operation is far, far faster than modulus (modulus and division are ouch slow, as a general rule).
Activity: 59
Merit: 0

i mine 6,8 Mh/s r280x 15.3 beta driver (sGMiner-5.1-dev-2014-mod) win 7 x64 Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: