Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 127. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 422
Merit: 270
January 12, 2018, 04:32:15 PM
Can anyone report what the payout is for 1TB rented out for 1 month?

Sia is a competitive marketplace, so you decide your own pricing, but of course you will want to stay competitive to get more file contracts for your host. The Sia client of renters will assign you an score according to many factors, including your pricing (also the age of your host or how much remaining storage you have) and will pick up only the best scored hosts.

As a suggestion, you can check this table "Top 100 hosts average settings" to get an idea of what competitive hosts are doing: https://www.siastats.info/hosts_network.html . To answer your question, they are asking right now for 50SC/TB/month on average
Activity: 101
Merit: 1
January 12, 2018, 03:17:28 PM
I read that day 13/01 would solve the inconveniences that SC has in bittrex.

This is the publication about the problems that SC has had in the exchanges.

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/7pc5rv/brief_official_update_on_sia_exchanges/

I saw this post and decided I should come here to talk! We understand your concerns with Binance’s NDA (and let’s be real - requiring thousands of dollars for a listing). Centralized exchanges were maybe necessary for the growth of cryptocurrency, but it’s time to regain control of this crazy train! Komodo Platform’s BarterDEX Decentralized Exchange is being beta tested right now and I’m part of the community outreach team. BarterDEX is a decentralized method of exchanging cryptocurrencies via atomic-swap technology, without counterparty risk. It’s completely free to use, open source, peer-to-peer, and minimal fees (<50% fees centralized exchanges, no double fees). BarterDEX uses Noel Tiernan’s atomic swap protocol as a guide for it’s technology, offering users the most secure form of atomic swap trading available.

>> BarterDEX protocol (wp/git) >>

The following requirements are necessary for an easy integration:

• bitcoin protocol
  • CLTV (bip 65) support
  • gettxout and importaddress rpc calls
  • and 8 digits for one coin

What does a non-Bitcoin/zCash-protocol coin need to do to make atomic swaps possible on BarterDEX?

Quote from: jl777B, lead Developer at Komodo Platform
"the code to do all this is quite complicated and I assumed a bitcoin protocol coin, but it is possible to do the atomic swaps even if only 2of2 multisig is supported. So i guess a bitcoin protocol emulator for the subset of rpc calls that I use and at least a 2of2 multisig, but preferably CLTV mechanism to be able to handle both sides of the trade... this would require making changes to the existing barterDEX code, unless the bitcoin protocol emulator is really, really good and it actually works as a bitcoin protocol coin via rpc calls"

What do you think, Sia community? Let’s make this happen!

This interesting proposition, I don't know what the developer thinks.
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
January 12, 2018, 01:18:42 PM
Can anyone report what the payout is for 1TB rented out for 1 month?
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
January 12, 2018, 10:58:46 AM
Is this common that sia block was generated 1.5 2h ago?

Normally the average block time is 10 minutes, but due to a bug that arouse on December it is currently 30 minutes. So yes, due to the normal variance of mining, 2 (or even 3) hours between blocks can be normal, the same as having 4 blocks in 40 minutes.

The hardfork at block 139000 (in 9 days) is aimed to return the average block time to 10 minutes.
Activity: 219
Merit: 15
January 12, 2018, 09:25:07 AM
One week bf hf. We can expect 0.30-0.40 cents .Next week will be huge

Sia is a invest for a longterm. But I would not mind to witness its burst in a couple of weeks. Would appreciate if someone could share a link to a fundamental analysis as well.
Activity: 87
Merit: 0
January 12, 2018, 09:12:38 AM
Friends, go join all at telegram chat  sia coin - https://t.me/sia_coin
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
January 12, 2018, 08:16:35 AM

I have informations that apparently the issues of Bittrex will be resolved today

Any new rumors? Because 2 days already passed
I feel like I keep repeating myself over and over. Bittrex and Hitbtc will not fix there wallets until Poloniex catches up on price. They will keep from arbitrage happening. Keeping the wallets down is what's keeping someone from buying on Poloniex @ .00000350btc and selling at Bittrex @ .00000509btc and or selling at Hitbtc @ .000008702
Until the market catch's up to each other the wallets will remain down.

Jesus, the problems with the wallet are the REASON for different prices and not the other way around
So I am figuring this out backwards. I'm so confused. If poloniex wallet is working fine then why doesn't the price on Poloniex match up with the other exchanges....Or is Poloniex the Correct price range and the other sites are too high?

maybe everyone mining is selling there at the moment ?
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
January 12, 2018, 08:15:44 AM
I believe 2018 will be the breakthrough year for SIA.  Too much potential to stay under 500 satoshis for very long.

The coins of two concepts of distributed computing and distributed storage will go up, because this is the current social hot spot, so this SIA coin deserves your long-term attention. Kiss Cool
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
January 12, 2018, 07:49:29 AM

from your keyboard to god's ears :-)
Activity: 39
January 12, 2018, 07:38:02 AM
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
January 12, 2018, 07:36:39 AM
Telegram is having an ICO and including storage and file sharing, RIP SIA and STORJ

Why would I want to support a centralized more expensive service from Telegram that probably won't be ready for 2 years. Sounds like a money grab. Sia already has a working product that is being improved all the time.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
January 12, 2018, 05:51:56 AM
please, you all wait for the hardfork at the block 139,000 source ->> https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/releases/tag/v1.3.1
so ti will happen around the 21. jan 2018
after that, we believe that will be no more issues with your exchange wallets

Keep calm & SC moon :-)
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
January 12, 2018, 04:45:16 AM
go siacoin , could this be the move up it needs to top flight i wonder ?

under 500 sats gotta be a super value investment surely ?

I think everything under 500 sats is a good buy for Siacoin. I bought most of mine for around 400 sats and am holding them for much longer. At least two or three years. Im highly confident in SIA, I believe that it will be a top crypto in some years from now.
yes think smart, siacoin surely potential for next time and very good if you hold the coin because buy when cheap
will get profit when selling it more expensive price, quick and precise act
Activity: 151
Merit: 101
Believe in Yourself, Do Magic, Be the Magic!
January 12, 2018, 04:35:19 AM
Hello guys, i am really interested to know more about Sia, but i request your help (just in case it exists already) of any Comparison table between SIA and STORJ, i like both of them, i know Storj is based and will always be (looks like) based on Ethereum, and SIA obviously have its own blockchain
My concern is, storj fragments the piece bit in 6 bits and send it to different places (if i got that right)
I would like to see a more in depth comparison to understand that makes them different and to be able to judge which one would be better (if im not asking too much)

Thanks for your reply
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
January 12, 2018, 03:40:09 AM
Is this common that sia block was generated 1.5 2h ago?
Activity: 12
January 12, 2018, 02:04:34 AM

without a doubt the best altcoin of the moment. 4k very soon
This is true but wait bro near about 1.5k sats soon and in this year easily 4k to 5k because Sia very well technology and dev team make again very strong in this year for future then this year 2018 very well for Sia no doubt. but hodl long time very huge invetment come in this year..... stay Sia.... hodl Sia
Activity: 54
January 11, 2018, 11:42:06 PM

without a doubt the best altcoin of the moment. 4k very soon
Activity: 56
January 11, 2018, 09:38:00 PM
I read that day 13/01 would solve the inconveniences that SC has in bittrex.

This is the publication about the problems that SC has had in the exchanges.

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/7pc5rv/brief_official_update_on_sia_exchanges/

I saw this post and decided I should come here to talk! We understand your concerns with Binance’s NDA (and let’s be real - requiring thousands of dollars for a listing). Centralized exchanges were maybe necessary for the growth of cryptocurrency, but it’s time to regain control of this crazy train! Komodo Platform’s BarterDEX Decentralized Exchange is being beta tested right now and I’m part of the community outreach team. BarterDEX is a decentralized method of exchanging cryptocurrencies via atomic-swap technology, without counterparty risk. It’s completely free to use, open source, peer-to-peer, and minimal fees (<50% fees centralized exchanges, no double fees). BarterDEX uses Noel Tiernan’s atomic swap protocol as a guide for it’s technology, offering users the most secure form of atomic swap trading available.

>> BarterDEX protocol (wp/git) >>

The following requirements are necessary for an easy integration:

• bitcoin protocol
  • CLTV (bip 65) support
  • gettxout and importaddress rpc calls
  • and 8 digits for one coin

What does a non-Bitcoin/zCash-protocol coin need to do to make atomic swaps possible on BarterDEX?

Quote from: jl777B, lead Developer at Komodo Platform
"the code to do all this is quite complicated and I assumed a bitcoin protocol coin, but it is possible to do the atomic swaps even if only 2of2 multisig is supported. So i guess a bitcoin protocol emulator for the subset of rpc calls that I use and at least a 2of2 multisig, but preferably CLTV mechanism to be able to handle both sides of the trade... this would require making changes to the existing barterDEX code, unless the bitcoin protocol emulator is really, really good and it actually works as a bitcoin protocol coin via rpc calls"

What do you think, Sia community? Let’s make this happen!
Activity: 196
January 11, 2018, 09:05:50 PM

I have informations that apparently the issues of Bittrex will be resolved today

Any new rumors? Because 2 days already passed
I feel like I keep repeating myself over and over. Bittrex and Hitbtc will not fix there wallets until Poloniex catches up on price. They will keep from arbitrage happening. Keeping the wallets down is what's keeping someone from buying on Poloniex @ .00000350btc and selling at Bittrex @ .00000509btc and or selling at Hitbtc @ .000008702
Until the market catch's up to each other the wallets will remain down.

Jesus, the problems with the wallet are the REASON for different prices and not the other way around
So I am figuring this out backwards. I'm so confused. If poloniex wallet is working fine then why doesn't the price on Poloniex match up with the other exchanges....Or is Poloniex the Correct price range and the other sites are too high?

Wallet NOT working -> People can't deposit/withdraw -> only limited supply that was on exchange -> when demand comes, price goes up more than on other exchanges with bigger supply

Not a rocket science
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
Sometimes Your Coins Just Hypnotize Me!
January 11, 2018, 08:47:53 PM
I believe 2018 will be the breakthrough year for SIA.  Too much potential to stay under 500 satoshis for very long.
Jump to: