Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 124. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
January 15, 2018, 10:48:11 AM
aand we are again temporarily disabled on Poloniex exchange
just hodl, do not sell them for pennies ;-)
Activity: 196
Merit: 41
January 15, 2018, 09:03:43 AM
We are always looking for more members to Join our Community! Get involved with Sia! We're giving away Free Siacoin's every month just for being Active. Come Join us at https://www.siacoin.exchange

Is it true that SIA coins can be obtained free of charge every month? I don't seem to be able to make a link to your URL link. Why is that?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
January 15, 2018, 07:49:02 AM
How can I import first gen wallet into the latest release? I remember hearing there were problems sometimes. I don't have a seed, just a key file.

If you have a .siakey file to load, the method is going either to the Terminal and typing the command "siac wallet load siag " replacing path with the path of your key

Can anyone report what the payout is for 1TB rented out for 1 month?

Sia is a competitive marketplace, so you decide your own pricing, but of course you will want to stay competitive to get more file contracts for your host. The Sia client of renters will assign you an score according to many factors, including your pricing (also the age of your host or how much remaining storage you have) and will pick up only the best scored hosts.

As a suggestion, you can check this table "Top 100 hosts average settings" to get an idea of what competitive hosts are doing: https://www.siastats.info/hosts_network.html . To answer your question, they are asking right now for 50SC/TB/month on average

less than USD$4.00 a month for 1TB ? Why would anyone do this ?

Are you seriously asking that? I don't know... maybe because you can ROI 4TB disks in 5-6 months?  Cheesy  The payout is right now very high in FIAT because after the recent pump in coin price the hosts are still adjusting the prices. Most probably the prices will stabilize in $2/TB or bellow. Still profitable: ROI in about 2 years looks bad, but NAS-grade disks are prepared to last 5 or more years and unlike mining in hosting there is no difficulty factor reducing your gains over time. So it can be a niche business. This, of course, if you fill your disks, because right now usage of the network is still growing.

Cheesy
Not interesting at all, not sure why anyone would think otherwise. You need a computer running 24/24 + bandwidth + electricity + time configuring it + maintenance (tons of reasons why yo need to look after it).
I wouldnt do it for twice that price.

The likely hosters will be organizations that can scale large storage bays, not your average kid in their basement.

thank you - was going to reply same. Sia newcomers need to dd research before not seeing facts ; lost waffle Cheesy

said the clueless kid... Even for a large organization there is no money in this, wake up. Oh and btw, this is what I do for a living and people are paying me very well so I obviously know what I am talking about.

said the buffoon asking all the foolish questions then making idiotic statements lolol gtfo outta here pleb boy.
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
January 15, 2018, 07:45:48 AM
How can I import first gen wallet into the latest release? I remember hearing there were problems sometimes. I don't have a seed, just a key file.

If you have a .siakey file to load, the method is going either to the Terminal and typing the command "siac wallet load siag " replacing path with the path of your key

Sia is a competitive marketplace, so you decide your own pricing, but of course you will want to stay competitive to get more file contracts for your host. The Sia client of renters will assign you an score according to many factors, including your pricing (also the age of your host or how much remaining storage you have) and will pick up only the best scored hosts.

As a suggestion, you can check this table "Top 100 hosts average settings" to get an idea of what competitive hosts are doing: https://www.siastats.info/hosts_network.html . To answer your question, they are asking right now for 50SC/TB/month on average

Are you seriously asking that? I don't know... maybe because you can ROI 4TB disks in 5-6 months?  Cheesy  The payout is right now very high in FIAT because after the recent pump in coin price the hosts are still adjusting the prices. Most probably the prices will stabilize in $2/TB or bellow. Still profitable: ROI in about 2 years looks bad, but NAS-grade disks are prepared to last 5 or more years and unlike mining in hosting there is no difficulty factor reducing your gains over time. So it can be a niche business. This, of course, if you fill your disks, because right now usage of the network is still growing.

Cheesy
Not interesting at all, not sure why anyone would think otherwise. You need a computer running 24/24 + bandwidth + electricity + time configuring it + maintenance (tons of reasons why yo need to look after it).

The likely hosters will be organizations that can scale large storage bays, not your average kid in their basement.

thank you - was going to reply same. Sia newcomers need to dd research before not seeing facts ; lost waffle Cheesy

said the clueless kid... Even for a large organization there is no money in this, wake up. Oh and btw, this is what I do for a living and people are paying me very well so I obviously know what I am talking about.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 2229
https://t1p.de/6ghrf
January 15, 2018, 06:30:32 AM
Can anybody tell me, why the block explorer shows another Wallet amount than my wallet has?
I have transferred SC from polo to my wallet. I have received 9 SC in my wallet and that is correct. Block explorer (https://explorer.siahub.info/) show me an amount of 4,736.12 SC in my wallet. Look very nice though, but that is wrong, unfortunately
Activity: 8
January 15, 2018, 03:38:33 AM
Sia on binance will add nice value..

Is it added to Binance? nice news, any source  to view it?
Don,t put fake information here....
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
January 15, 2018, 02:26:28 AM

Is it added to Binance? nice news, any source  to view it?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 15, 2018, 02:00:44 AM
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
January 15, 2018, 01:38:45 AM
Besides Sia, what are the other decentralized Storage crypto currencies available ?

In addition to this, there are STORJ, Genaro Network, and InterPlanetary File System, which have several concepts of distributed storage, not just these. SIA is already a good coin in this concept Tongue
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
January 15, 2018, 12:43:27 AM
sc still lost from my transfer to the wallet on 21st december with the message error on poloniex.

any news with this issue ?

That is not a coin problem, that's Poloniex problem. I have the same, submitted support ticket, but they simply do not react .
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
January 14, 2018, 11:43:24 PM
Besides Sia, what are the other decentralized Storage crypto currencies available ?

I think SiaCoin is the only one at the moment
Activity: 12
January 14, 2018, 09:38:40 PM
really interesting, will follow sia and see its value. Tongue Tongue Tongue
Activity: 38
January 14, 2018, 09:27:31 PM

Are you seriously asking that? I don't know... maybe because you can ROI 4TB disks in 5-6 months?  Cheesy  The payout is right now very high in FIAT because after the recent pump in coin price the hosts are still adjusting the prices. Most probably the prices will stabilize in $2/TB or bellow. Still profitable: ROI in about 2 years looks bad, but NAS-grade disks are prepared to last 5 or more years and unlike mining in hosting there is no difficulty factor reducing your gains over time. So it can be a niche business. This, of course, if you fill your disks, because right now usage of the network is still growing.

Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
January 14, 2018, 07:46:07 PM
Considering next fork, I have problem upgrading wallet from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1.
Till now, I was doing wallet upgrade either replacing siac/siad files with newer ones OR using siac update command. Both ways are not possible in my case for 1.3.0. to 1.3.1 update.
After doing update I can't unlock wallet using siac wallet unlock command - after pasting password it doesn't wait for key, but complaints immediately after pasting and doesn't unlocks wallet.
Tried typing password with the same result. I'm not using UI and this way of unlocking was functioning up to ver. 1.3.0. I had to downgrade to 1.3.0. to use wallet.
Any idea how to solve problem or should I wait for next update?

Anyone using wallet 1.3.1. from command line and having same unlocking problem?

I have not personally had this issue with the wallet. I do from time to time have my pc lock up whilst it’s hosting files. I think it’s something to do with cryptonote miner running in conjunction with siad.  On their own they run indefinitely or until windows decides I need a feature update🤯

Can you try to open it in the GUI wallet and see if you have same issue?  If so maybe is corrupted wallet file.  At that point you would need to restore from seed or create new wallet and send all coins from the old to new.  If your hosting files I’d imagine that’s gonna screw things up for ya.  Maybe hit someone up at https://sia.tech  contact info at bottom of page.

BR
Doug
Activity: 2
January 14, 2018, 07:02:59 PM
sc still lost from my transfer to the wallet on 21st december with the message error on poloniex.

any news with this issue ?
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
January 14, 2018, 03:45:18 PM
Considering next fork, I have problem upgrading wallet from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1.
Till now, I was doing wallet upgrade either replacing siac/siad files with newer ones OR using siac update command. Both ways are not possible in my case for 1.3.0. to 1.3.1 update.
After doing update I can't unlock wallet using siac wallet unlock command - after pasting password it doesn't wait for key, but complaints immediately after pasting and doesn't unlocks wallet.
Tried typing password with the same result. I'm not using UI and this way of unlocking was functioning up to ver. 1.3.0. I had to downgrade to 1.3.0. to use wallet.
Any idea how to solve problem or should I wait for next update?

Anyone using wallet 1.3.1. from command line and having same unlocking problem?
Activity: 87
January 14, 2018, 02:54:31 PM
Friends, go join all at telegram chat  sia coin - https://t.me/sia_coin
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
January 14, 2018, 02:39:27 PM
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
January 14, 2018, 10:38:03 AM

Cheesy

Jump to: