Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 125. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 2
January 14, 2018, 10:08:21 AM
How can I import first gen wallet into the latest release? I remember hearing there were problems sometimes. I don't have a seed, just a key file.

If you have a .siakey file to load, the method is going either to the Terminal and typing the command "siac wallet load siag " replacing path with the path of your key

Can anyone report what the payout is for 1TB rented out for 1 month?

Sia is a competitive marketplace, so you decide your own pricing, but of course you will want to stay competitive to get more file contracts for your host. The Sia client of renters will assign you an score according to many factors, including your pricing (also the age of your host or how much remaining storage you have) and will pick up only the best scored hosts.

As a suggestion, you can check this table "Top 100 hosts average settings" to get an idea of what competitive hosts are doing: https://www.siastats.info/hosts_network.html . To answer your question, they are asking right now for 50SC/TB/month on average

less than USD$4.00 a month for 1TB ? Why would anyone do this ?

Are you seriously asking that? I don't know... maybe because you can ROI 4TB disks in 5-6 months?  Cheesy  The payout is right now very high in FIAT because after the recent pump in coin price the hosts are still adjusting the prices. Most probably the prices will stabilize in $2/TB or bellow. Still profitable: ROI in about 2 years looks bad, but NAS-grade disks are prepared to last 5 or more years and unlike mining in hosting there is no difficulty factor reducing your gains over time. So it can be a niche business. This, of course, if you fill your disks, because right now usage of the network is still growing.

Cheesy
Not interesting at all, not sure why anyone would think otherwise. You need a computer running 24/24 + bandwidth + electricity + time configuring it + maintenance (tons of reasons why yo need to look after it).
I wouldnt do it for twice that price.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
January 14, 2018, 08:46:43 AM
What a correction, was been 0.11, now 0.06.. Sad

Dont think to the price, this is a long term project, I'm a holder and next year I'll be happy Wink

The project and dev are solid.

Unless someone are short term trader. I really hope in rises next week.
They said the same thing about cardano at beginning december, its a long term coin
but cardano explode and its still project with no ready product so...

Sia coin needs asia markets, bitfinex, binance , koinone, korbit...whatever.
They are biggest players in crypto.
Activity: 196
January 14, 2018, 08:41:56 AM
We are always looking for more members to Join our Community! Get involved with Sia! We're giving away Free Siacoin's every month just for being Active. Come Join us at https://www.siacoin.exchange
Activity: 41
January 14, 2018, 07:53:09 AM

Dont think to the price, this is a long term project, I'm a holder and next year I'll be happy Wink

The project and dev are solid.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
January 14, 2018, 07:34:49 AM
I read that day 13/01 would solve the inconveniences that SC has in bittrex.

This is the publication about the problems that SC has had in the exchanges.

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/7pc5rv/brief_official_update_on_sia_exchanges/
. Centralized exchanges were maybe necessary for the growth of cryptocurrency, but it’s time to regain control of this crazy train! Komodo Platform’s BarterDEX Decentralized Exchange is being beta tested right now and I’m part of the community outreach team. BarterDEX is a decentralized method of exchanging cryptocurrencies via atomic-swap technology, without counterparty risk. It’s completely free to use, open source, peer-to-peer, and minimal fees (<50% fees centralized exchanges, no double fees). ...

>> BarterDEX protocol (wp/git) >>

What do you think, Sia community? Let’s make this happen!

Yes, I agree with the above, I am tired of exchanges and their fees.  And I don't think it is answer for SIA developers to say 'we have not been in touch with Poloniex'.  I've been waiting for two botched withdrawals of SIA from Polo to get fixed since December.  I wrote to Polo support in December, I'm still waiting on a reply.  Obviously, they don't give a crap about me, but I would think the SIA dev team would have more luck putting some pressure on Polo.  But yes, these centralized exchanges that pop up/disappear/disable withdrawals/don't reply to support tickets, I'm tired of it.

Agreed an exchange like Binance or KuCoin would be ideal.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
January 14, 2018, 07:25:39 AM
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
January 14, 2018, 07:14:41 AM
Hi friend

Please advise back for this coin SIA (SC) is it will be touch 1 USD very soon ?  is possible ?

Thank

Few days ago i bought sia for 600+ satoshi in believe that coin can rise to 0.15 to 0.20 cents.
In December i bought cardano for 4 cents and sell it for 12 when its falling from 13 cents to 10. Next week cardano rise to 0.20 cents and still growing up.
I expected some similar sytuation to Sia[Suspicious link removed]d technology, low price.
Next week we got hardfork maybe price goes up, but we dont have binance...Question is did bitrex and poloniex can rise this coin to 1k satoshi..

As I mentioned before on this thread, I am a long term holder of Sia.
long term holding is best for Sia because it's a developing technology
With potential. The developers are active and more and more people
are getting interested. Just buy and hold, don't be worried about what
price it's going to be tomorrow, next week or next month.
January 14, 2018, 05:15:40 AM
Hi friend

Please advise back for this coin SIA (SC) is it will be touch 1 USD very soon ?  is possible ?

Thank

Few days ago i bought sia for 600+ satoshi in believe that coin can rise to 0.15 to 0.20 cents.
In December i bought cardano for 4 cents and sell it for 12 when its falling from 13 cents to 10. Next week cardano rise to 0.20 cents and still growing up.
I expected some similar sytuation to Sia[Suspicious link removed]d technology, low price.
Next week we got hardfork maybe price goes up, but we dont have binance...Question is did bitrex and poloniex can rise this coin to 1k satoshi..
Activity: 41
January 14, 2018, 04:44:29 AM
Hi friend

Thank
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
January 14, 2018, 04:17:44 AM
very good price on poloniex to enter or/& re-buy some SC
Q: Polo users: any issues after the wallet update? the wallet is working properly?
January 14, 2018, 04:08:47 AM
Price going down,i cant believe i enter on ath. maybe next week will be good.. i hope so.
but without binance... its clearly not looking good
Activity: 98
January 13, 2018, 10:39:57 PM
Do I need to upgrade my wallet or can I stay with the old wallet and still transfer to a market latter (Trexx)?
I have the backup and seed.

You can decide to not upgrade, but your wallet will not show updates in the after before the hardfork. However, in any time in the future you can download the current version, use your recovery seed to access all your funds and transfer to the exchanger or wherever else.

After upgrading to the latest wallet, it does not like my password. What kind of BS is this??

Have you tried using your recovery seed instead?

If you are already using the seed double check you are not truncating any word, there are 29 words in the seed, all of them make sense in English, spaces between them, no extra space at the beginning or the end of the sequence, no line breaks in the middle (typical if you are copy/pasting)...

Thanks. It looks like I have to wait for syncing to complete before the recovery seed option will work.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
January 13, 2018, 10:38:16 PM
Do I need to upgrade my wallet or can I stay with the old wallet and still transfer to a market latter (Trexx)?

You can decide to not upgrade, but your wallet will not show updates in the after before the hardfork. However, in any time in the future you can download the current version, use your recovery seed to access all your funds and transfer to the exchanger or wherever else.

After upgrading to the latest wallet, it does not like my password. What kind of BS is this??

Have you tried using your recovery seed instead?

If you are already using the seed double check you are not truncating any word, there are 29 words in the seed, all of them make sense in English, spaces between them, no extra space at the beginning or the end of the sequence, no line breaks in the middle (typical if you are copy/pasting)...
Activity: 98
January 13, 2018, 09:54:53 PM
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289
January 13, 2018, 08:56:12 PM
It is nice that the devs are already thinking ahead to what will happen when the ASIC miners for SIA will appear later this year, and that they are already implementing a solution now with the hardfork. Knowing that a coin is in good hands is very important for the market, this could really help a further appreciation of the coin.
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
January 13, 2018, 05:53:51 PM

Activity: 305
Merit: 148
Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!
January 13, 2018, 04:48:39 PM
I read that day 13/01 would solve the inconveniences that SC has in bittrex.

This is the publication about the problems that SC has had in the exchanges.

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/7pc5rv/brief_official_update_on_sia_exchanges/
. Centralized exchanges were maybe necessary for the growth of cryptocurrency, but it’s time to regain control of this crazy train! Komodo Platform’s BarterDEX Decentralized Exchange is being beta tested right now and I’m part of the community outreach team. BarterDEX is a decentralized method of exchanging cryptocurrencies via atomic-swap technology, without counterparty risk. It’s completely free to use, open source, peer-to-peer, and minimal fees (<50% fees centralized exchanges, no double fees). ...

>> BarterDEX protocol (wp/git) >>

What do you think, Sia community? Let’s make this happen!

Yes, I agree with the above, I am tired of exchanges and their fees.  And I don't think it is answer for SIA developers to say 'we have not been in touch with Poloniex'.  I've been waiting for two botched withdrawals of SIA from Polo to get fixed since December.  I wrote to Polo support in December, I'm still waiting on a reply.  Obviously, they don't give a crap about me, but I would think the SIA dev team would have more luck putting some pressure on Polo.  But yes, these centralized exchanges that pop up/disappear/disable withdrawals/don't reply to support tickets, I'm tired of it.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
January 13, 2018, 04:01:20 PM
WE will see whats happen next week before hardfork.I expect 1000+ satoshi.

Hardfork probably wont change anything at all, in some best cases it could hit another 700 satoshi before going back down but that depends on how bitcoin exchange rate as well. Alts will be going down when bitcoin is unstable

Just some Heads up , There is alot of hype for siacoin right now but there are alot of things happening for this coin. I may not be a technical analyst that could ensure you about this but you dont need to be an expert to know about to google about their file contract upgrade
Activity: 32
January 13, 2018, 03:55:14 PM
now it take very long never had such problems receiving sia in polohttps://imgur.com/UsAml4v
im waiting since 6 hours
January 13, 2018, 03:25:23 PM
WE will see whats happen next week before hardfork.I expect 1000+ satoshi.
Jump to: