Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 123. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
January 16, 2018, 06:03:43 PM
We are always looking for more members to Join our Community! Get involved with Sia! We're giving away Free Siacoin's every month just for being Active. Come Join us at https://www.siacoin.exchange

Is it true that SIA coins can be obtained free of charge every month? I don't seem to be able to make a link to your URL link. Why is that?

Really? I didnt know that there was a continous bounty program going on.

Kind of a crazy price ride that SIA had been experiencing the last week. Some people realized their profits thats obvious.

Nope just correction because of BTC
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
January 16, 2018, 01:08:14 PM
Hello,

In another post, I saw talk about Biakal miner for SIA, is it out? If its out, do you think GPU mining is still meaningful for SIA ?

This is the miner you are mentioning, the Baikal Giant-B: https://www.baikalminer.com/product10.php . It is being released in February, I think . It is a multi-algo FGPA (not exactly as powerful as an ASIC). I am honestly not impressed with its specs, specially with that price-tag, and as soon as the Obelisk SC1 is delivered to purchasers (on June or before) both this Baikal and GPUs will be outcompeted.

About what effect will have on GPUs, well, while it is more efficient than GPU-mining, being a 5-algo switch miner not all the units will be mining Sia concurrently. I guess it will depend on how many units they manufacture, but so far if we look at the recent spikes at the network hashrate we had in the last 2 months (that I guess are Baikals testings, switching among those 5 algos), what they have right now represent about a 25% of the network hashrate. That is some impact on GPU miners yields, but not very dramatic. Of course if they manufacture more batches on the next months that might have a more severe impact.

Also remember that in 5 days the hardfork will reduce the difficulty to 1/3 of the current one, increasing the gains of miners 3x.

So bottom-line: When Obelisks are released on June, GPU mining will be dead, but until then I think you should be able to keep mining Saa profitably.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
January 16, 2018, 11:08:41 AM
Hello,

In another post, I saw talk about Biakal miner for SIA, is it out? If its out, do you think GPU mining is still meaningful for SIA ?
I remember that there was an ASIC in August 2017, but not quite, so it was still profitable for GPU.
Activity: 206
Merit: 20
January 16, 2018, 11:04:42 AM
Hello,

Activity: 386
Merit: 18
Activity: 15
January 16, 2018, 09:47:06 AM
aand we are again temporarily disabled on Poloniex exchange
just hodl, do not sell them for pennies ;-)

What's the correlation here?

Maybe the price is up because people can't sell

well, some traders are in panic because the wallet is temporarily disabled and are selling SC for pennies, this is why the price is dropping
but, now for me is a very good time to buy more SC, because when all the Obelisks from the first batch will start running the value of SC will skyrocket

Just Hodl  Wink

Daft question, but wont pumping more coins onto the market dilute thier value?

I researched some of their competitors and was shocked when I saw the value of Filecoin, and went to have a look at their product.. and wait, oh, they dont actually have one yet!  WTF?

I love the SC project and have bought into them, and also planning to give up 1tb of disk space into the project and use the service myself. 

Reading through the Dec update, it looks like 2018 is going to be a big year, with some focus around marketing, which should certainly help to push SC to the stars!
Activity: 8
January 16, 2018, 08:00:15 AM

i think today sia will cross 500 satoshi mark Cool...
Activity: 2
January 16, 2018, 07:17:59 AM
I'm thinking about amazon, google or microsoft buying siacoin...

Is it posible?

yes of course. It is a great chance for them to expand their territory and gain a new experience 

and after that siacoin going to the moon lol...
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
January 16, 2018, 05:51:10 AM

well, some traders are in panic because the wallet is temporarily disabled and are selling SC for pennies, this is why the price is dropping
but, now for me is a very good time to buy more SC, because when all the Obelisks from the first batch will start running the value of SC will skyrocket

Just Hodl  Wink
Activity: 45
January 16, 2018, 05:03:48 AM

Is it posible?

yes of course. It is a great chance for them to expand their territory and gain a new experience 
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
January 16, 2018, 04:48:15 AM
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
January 16, 2018, 03:49:05 AM
Could someone advise please where SIA listing now?
And can't find the roadmap with the terms.. thanks
Activity: 87
January 16, 2018, 03:25:28 AM
Friends, go join all at telegram chat  sia coin - https://t.me/sia_coin
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 15, 2018, 09:15:02 PM
We are always looking for more members to Join our Community! Get involved with Sia! We're giving away Free Siacoin's every month just for being Active. Come Join us at https://www.siacoin.exchange

Is it true that SIA coins can be obtained free of charge every month? I don't seem to be able to make a link to your URL link. Why is that?

Really? I didnt know that there was a continous bounty program going on.

Kind of a crazy price ride that SIA had been experiencing the last week. Some people realized their profits thats obvious.
January 15, 2018, 04:43:14 PM
I tried to send to polo a few days ago, my coins are lost. I won't be back after this experience ;(

not necessary. After wallet out of maintenance, coins might be added to your balance
Activity: 2
January 15, 2018, 04:28:05 PM

Is it posible?
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
January 15, 2018, 04:23:30 PM

Activity: 854
Merit: 262
January 15, 2018, 03:49:36 PM
I tried to send to polo a few days ago, my coins are lost. I won't be back after this experience ;(
January 15, 2018, 12:21:48 PM

so it is down again on all 3 exchanges, which is not a good sign. Any explanation from dev team?
Jump to: