Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 141. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 100
in LTC i trust
January 01, 2018, 06:09:47 PM
2018 sc at 1$.... see you soon Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
January 01, 2018, 05:49:58 PM
Oooo lorrrt...Here we go - Tin foil hat time!

FUD can be so entertaining. SIA is truly a monster - 2018 will be amazing
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY
January 01, 2018, 05:47:54 PM
Is it true that it would be delisted on Bittrex? How about on other exchanges? Could anyone explain if this is true. I love hodling this coin cause I know it will go hyper on the coming hardfork and support from Obelisk on the release of ASIC Miner for the Siacoin network.
Who tell you this ?
I read about it somewhere, but now I really be stick on DYOR rather than reading on some groups.

That's simply false. Bittrex has actually been working with the Sia dev team to update their wallet software and correct their issues with deposits and withdrawals, which are working again. Why would they take so much trouble if they plan to delist the coin? Don't listen to the FUD out there.

Is there a rental rate sheet for those renting out there spare HD space?

You can check the table "Top 100 hosts average settings" at SiaStats to get an idea of what the most competitive hosts (thus those that get most of the file contracts) are using for pricing: https://siastats.info/hosts_network.html

truth is bittrex and poloniex are being embargoed by the bitcoin community whereas dark pools are not acceptable :\ siacoin is revolutionary see u @1337
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
January 01, 2018, 03:48:42 PM
Hi

Are there a maximum supply of siacoin? If what is it?
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
January 01, 2018, 03:09:13 PM
what wrong with bittrex, i tried to creat new wallet for SC but say Wallet offline (maintenance)

SC should be delisted on bittrex? did you hear about that ?

Stop spreading FUD this is not true: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.27184640
Activity: 20
January 01, 2018, 01:27:46 PM
hi guys on 2017-12-31 09:28 i send 500sc to my bittrex acc, but they are not arrived yet? Is possible to trace the transaction and what was happen to my coins?
Activity: 4
January 01, 2018, 12:28:47 PM
i hold my on poloniex
Activity: 12
Merit: 1
January 01, 2018, 12:16:14 PM
what wrong with bittrex, i tried to creat new wallet for SC but say Wallet offline (maintenance)

no i didnt Sad sry, where do u suggest me to buy sia ?
Activity: 4
January 01, 2018, 12:13:50 PM

Activity: 12
Merit: 1
January 01, 2018, 11:16:25 AM
Activity: 196
January 01, 2018, 09:33:59 AM
To the Moon?

2018 seems like a great year overall for a lot of coins. Will SiaCoin be one of the hot topics of 2018?
Activity: 392
Merit: 211
December 31, 2017, 10:43:43 PM
A happy new year for everyone here. Grin Grin

2018 will be a great year for Siacoin  Cool

Yeah i know a good prospect.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY
December 31, 2017, 08:25:13 PM

SIACOIN TO 2018 satoshi weeee  Shocked  cheers!
Activity: 255
Merit: 102
uBlock.it Admin
December 31, 2017, 04:22:11 PM
Where can a find a stratum server for solo mining this algorithm Huh

Currently the mining network of Sia is about 250-300TH/s. Unless you are the owner of a huge GPU farm, your chances of finding a block solo-mining are minimal.

There are 5 big mining pools in Sia, each one with different payout schemes, fees and other variables. Take a look at them: https://siastats.info/pools_list.html. For instance, both Siamining, Luxor and F2pool are PPS, what means you'll get payouts even if the pools does not find blocks. Luxor has a very low fee of 0.3% that is paid as a donation to Sia developers.

Where can a find a stratum server for solo mining this algorithm Huh
Sia now can mine with ASIC, so I dont think that solo mining is profitable at the moment anymore.

ASICs (Obelisk SC1) are not yet released. They are expected to ship on June of next year or earlier if the manufacturing is accomplished sooner. But there is still time for GPU mining.

I do have a large GPU farm, all of my miners are behind a stratum proxy but i would prefer to solo mine vs pool mine as it's more profitable. I also have several Obelisk SC1's on order from the first week.

Is there a stratum server available for this coin/algo Huh

bump, looking for info on solo-mining Siacoin any help is greatly appreciated. I can see that someone is solo-mining and making about 25% of the blocks  Shocked, can't imagine there is no code available for this.
Activity: 255
Merit: 102
uBlock.it Admin
December 31, 2017, 04:22:00 PM

Activity: 392
Merit: 211
December 31, 2017, 04:17:24 PM
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
December 31, 2017, 10:19:18 AM
If that's so then why is my Sia Coin stuck in cyberspace because they can't find a block? Bittrex is telling me that the last block update was 738 minutes ago. I wish I new how to insert a screenshot because I have proof. The blockchain is f**ked.

You are spreading FUD. Blocks are being generated every 30 minutes on average. The last one at the moment of writing this 5 minutes ago. You can check the last mined blocks and their timestamps here: https://siastats.info/last_blocks.html

Bittrex wallet might be offline and out of sync with the network, but do not confuse what happens with a particular exchange with what happens with the whole blockchain.

Open a support ticket with Bittrex if one of your transactions is stuck.

How much siacoin will be total in supply? I am talking about future. Currently its 31,396,146,174

Currently 31 billion. There is no cap to the max amount in circulation, however the amount of mined coins decreases with time (the minimal will be 30000 per block in 2020) and so the inflation rate decreases with time, so it will be under 4% yearly in a few years: https://siastats.info/supply_inflation.html

However these charts do not account for Proof of Burn mechanics that will be included in a future software release for hosts proving their legitimacy. The more hosts in the network, more burnt coins. At certain size of the hosting network, the coin can even become deflationary
Activity: 44
December 31, 2017, 09:58:48 AM
Is there any sia hardfork happening on January 31st 2018?

Is this true ?  Shocked can someone explain in more detail .

There is a hardfork planned at block number 139000, approximately by the end of January. It is aimed to correct the mining Difficulty Adjustment Algorithm.

Take in mind this is a non-contentious fork: all the community, mining pools and infrastructure is accepting it. At such, there will not be a "split" in two coins, no airdrop. The old blockchain will be abandoned.

Looks like the hard fork hit. Via Sia's blog: hard fork on block 135,000
Did anyone notice a price difference due to this?

In everyone's experience. Do hard forks that increase mining difficulty decrease prices?

There was a hardfork at block 135000, but due to a bug in the Difficulty Adjustment Algorithm, a new hardfork was introduced on software version 1.3.1 to correct it. It will happen on block 139000, around the end of January.

How are they going to reach block 139,00 when the block time is over 3 hours? It'll take months meanwhile my deposit to the exchange, so I can sell this garbage, is stuck on 5/6 confirmations because it's to difficult to mine. I started this transfer 5 hours ago and Sia has not only lost value but lost the confidence of investors and miners to properly maintain their business correctly. I loved this coin but it's dead to me now.  Angry

That is absolutely false: the current average block time is 30 minutes due to the bug in the DAA, not 3 hours as you are claiming. So the hardfork will take place by the end of January, no matter what you think. You can check it here: https://siastats.info/mining.html in the last chart. I don't think there is any need to discuss with you your complains and personal opinions about the "confidence" of investors or miners. The "confidence of miners" can be however measured very easily and objectively: it is the network hashrate. And as you can see in the first chart of the previous link, it has actually increased in the past few days.

I'm thinking of removing my sia from the exchange.

how long will it take to sync and how much disk space does sia wallet require?
thanks

The blockchain is about 8.5GB big. If you are using SSD disks it will take less than 10 hours to synchronize. If you are using HDD disks it will be several days (2-3 days or more)

If that's so then why is my Sia Coin stuck in cyberspace because they can't find a block? Bittrex is telling me that the last block update was 738 minutes ago. I wish I new how to insert a screenshot because I have proof. The blockchain is f**ked.
http://
Activity: 16
December 31, 2017, 09:26:40 AM
did someone get his stuck sia withdraw from poloniex or at lease an response to the ticket ?

no news on mine  Huh

[/quote/]
I transferred to Hitbtc and it's more than 24 hrs now it's not deposited. Transaction not getting confirmed.
Jump to: