Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 173. (Read 1382196 times)

Activity: 422
Merit: 270
November 13, 2017, 10:28:04 AM
Does the project cooperated with some well known enterprises? the storage market is a hot market, but there are already many big whales in it, so what is the market plan?

Two weeks ago an arrangement was made with the RNDR so they'll use the Sia storage network for storing their rendering projects of their project. Aside that, the team is right now focused now on increasing the reliability and scalability of the project, so I don't think it is the moment for marketing. I guess that will come next year.

Has Sia still been developed recent months? Have you ever use Sia services i  real life? thank you all.

This question has been answered 2 or 3 times in the last 2 pages of this thread, please next time check the last pages before posting. It is actively being developed, this is a report of the very last week's progress:

<The Sia team has contributed to 6 repositories since Sunday Nov. 5th.  Most of the heavy development work was focused around the new writeaheadlog and pages repos.  Chris led that effort with over 4,000 lines of new code committed and merged.  Keep up the good work Chris!

Luke has made excellent progress integrating the new writeaheadlog and pagemanager (pages repo) into the Sia codebase.  Development is ongoing and must be completed before 1.3.1RC2 is released.

David spoke over the weekend at ScalingBitcoin 2017, you can view his talk here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8352&v=3pd6xHjLbhs

Luke, David, and Ava continue to make incredible progress in the backlog of Pull Requests and Issues.  Across the 6 repos updated this week 9 PRs have been merged, 15 issues closed and many more labeled, reviewed, and commented on.  This week also marked the first full week the Sia team had an on-call person who was available via Discord for community questions, code reviews, and general Sia discussion.  Thanks to mtlynch for the on-call suggestion!>>

Aside that, the service has been working for 2 years and currently the storage network consists on 3.3 Petabytes of available storage across more than 850 hosts. It holds 105TB of data. This is the growth of the file contracts in the last 6 months:

If you need more figures about Sia, check https://siastats.info

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
November 13, 2017, 07:26:26 AM
Does the project cooperated with some well known enterprises? the storage market is a hot market, but there are already many big whales in it, so what is the market plan?

The plan is to Undercut the whales prices by 90%
Activity: 269
Merit: 100
November 13, 2017, 12:00:27 AM
Activity: 480
Merit: 106
November 12, 2017, 11:56:10 PM
What market should you use to buy Siacoins from BTC or ETH ?
I thinks ETH would be safer cause BTC is kinda round right now.
Activity: 541
Merit: 250
November 12, 2017, 11:45:49 PM

Bittrex

What coin would be good to use BTC or ETH ? BTC has a higher volume ?

btc is the best. it got high volume. and use bittrex
You can go to bittrex or poloniex,BTC is more active than ETH, so you can use btc buy it directly.
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
Crypterium - Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyon
November 12, 2017, 11:35:57 PM

Bittrex

btc is the best. it got high volume. and use bittrex
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
November 12, 2017, 07:37:06 PM

Bittrex

Activity: 181
November 12, 2017, 06:49:00 PM

Bittrex
Activity: 27
November 12, 2017, 05:35:28 PM
Activity: 613
Merit: 305
November 12, 2017, 04:45:02 PM
Hey guys, pls tell, does this kind of project have competitors?

I think StorJ is one, but AFAIK it does not support cryptocurrency payments but only FIAT (USD),
 so it's not suitable for anonymous file storage.

Filecoin wanted to be a competitor, but i don't trust it as it has no public code repository so it's like saying it's not open source.

Activity: 40
November 12, 2017, 04:20:38 PM
Hey guys, pls tell, does this kind of project have competitors?
Activity: 392
Merit: 211
November 12, 2017, 10:58:52 AM
Sia is probably No.1 when you look at coins that lost most of the price value.

Sad, nice project though.

Will y'all quit talking about the damn price drop. Either sell and move on or hold. We all know the price has dropped. Every other post doesn't have to keep saying the same shit over and over!

You are right sir, but the price droped a lot.

You're kidding, really. Grin Grin Grin Grin

Everyone who is in shock here. Invest in another coin.
But don't be crying if you see that the faithful investors are make big profits because that's just what's going to happen.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
November 12, 2017, 07:47:55 AM
we will not believe the news before siacoin rises like June and july ago
Activity: 1299
Merit: 502
November 11, 2017, 02:37:24 PM
no reason anymore siacoin company out of business, the news we see before is mere politics.

If the "siacoin company" (Nebulous) is out of business, why on the GitHub repo of the project the authors have merged 9 pull requests, and closed 15 issues among other coding activity?  Roll Eyes Just the new developer hired one month ago (Chris) added 4000 lines of code this week

<The Sia team has contributed to 6 repositories since Sunday Nov. 5th.  Most of the heavy development work was focused around the new writeaheadlog and pages repos.  Chris led that effort with over 4,000 lines of new code committed and merged.  Keep up the good work Chris!

Luke has made excellent progress integrating the new writeaheadlog and pagemanager (pages repo) into the Sia codebase.  Development is ongoing and must be completed before 1.3.1RC2 is released.

David spoke over the weekend at ScalingBitcoin 2017, you can view his talk here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8352&v=3pd6xHjLbhs

Luke, David, and Ava continue to make incredible progress in the backlog of Pull Requests and Issues.  Across the 6 repos updated this week 9 PRs have been merged, 15 issues closed and many more labeled, reviewed, and commented on.  This week also marked the first full week the Sia team had an on-call person who was available via Discord for community questions, code reviews, and general Sia discussion.  Thanks to mtlynch for the on-call suggestion!>>

People are going to come here and fud because they live miserable lives. Pay it no mind...
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
November 11, 2017, 12:17:39 PM
no reason anymore siacoin company out of business, the news we see before is mere politics.

If the "siacoin company" (Nebulous) is out of business, why on the GitHub repo of the project the authors have merged 9 pull requests, and closed 15 issues among other coding activity?  Roll Eyes Just the new developer hired one month ago (Chris) added 4000 lines of code this week

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
November 11, 2017, 11:52:07 AM
Activity: 14
November 11, 2017, 11:23:41 AM
Has the coin been dead? Has it really under-developed by developers? Thanks all.

learn to read
Activity: 44
November 11, 2017, 10:12:38 AM
Has the coin been dead? Has it really under-developed by developers? Thanks all.
Activity: 3
November 11, 2017, 09:14:41 AM
new extremel. for linux system is pulled out but nonetheless no up-to-date win-binary  or give us the best way to makeearn-binary yourself!
Activity: 215
November 11, 2017, 08:09:50 AM
I am buying a NAS array in my home (solar-powered) that I'll be leasing out more than Sia... lets see how much cash I can make from it this year.  Perhaps I will expand up to my own small information middle as part of Sia cloud storage system.

Way less than you can mine with burst.

Regardless, dump this coin asap, or you'll regret it.
Jump to: