Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 211. (Read 1382196 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269
August 28, 2017, 05:13:13 PM
when will sia return to previous highs?
well sia will soon on the previous high its look like its is going up but slowly
this project is developing good
check here!
https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6wju67/sia_development_and_blockchain_design_class_with/
maybe sia will rise like litecoin if all the developments are just out on the right time
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
August 28, 2017, 02:51:50 PM
Looks like the coin is back on track.
I think it will hit 250 by tomorrow on poloniex
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
August 28, 2017, 09:09:10 AM

I'm pretty sure that within the coming months, the price of sia will rise dramatically. You might want to be sure that you are invested correctly in sia, before it goes to the moon.

Check out my blog post about how to be correctl invested in sia

https://steemit.com/sia/@dreamer81/the-right-way-to-invest-in-sia
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
August 28, 2017, 09:01:32 AM
Probably it was reported already and it's a relatively small exchange, I saw Cryptopia SIA delisting notice (due to network troubles)...
Activity: 27
August 28, 2017, 05:23:24 AM
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
August 28, 2017, 05:21:31 AM
so tired of all those raw wallets around...

Guys why I cant send my Siacoins to exchanger?
My transaction just dissapear and money go back to balance.

wth

Have you updated to version 1.3? Previous versions had a problem with mempool managing that made some Tx to be dropped during peak activity on the network.

Just update if you haven't and keep trying to send them again to the exchange

Thx for your reply.
I've managed to send them already Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
dinkimole nokkalle...
August 28, 2017, 01:43:20 AM
I'd wait for breaking 200 SAT for a confirmation. ATM I'm swing-trading half of it for a short-term profit.

really wondering if this is just a pump and dump...
Its usual in crypto space- Whales accumulate at low price fist, then they pump to new heights and dump all those cheap coins they bought on to newbies.
August 27, 2017, 06:38:08 PM
I'd wait for breaking 200 SAT for a confirmation. ATM I'm swing-trading half of it for a short-term profit.

really wondering if this is just a pump and dump...
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
August 27, 2017, 06:20:35 PM
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
August 27, 2017, 05:26:32 PM
Sia finally awake? 10% raise Smiley i hope it will go back up for good !

Yea maybe, there have been a lot of impatient investors complaining about no pump. This is often the sign of a bottom.
Activity: 6
August 27, 2017, 03:51:57 PM
Sia finally awake? 10% raise Smiley i hope it will go back up for good !
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
August 27, 2017, 12:30:33 PM
Devs are not reading Bitcointalk, but don't worry because they are aware the user experience for renting can be improved, and will be improved on the next release. In the meantime, check this guide for renting: https://siawiki.tech/renter/using_the_ui_for_renting
Interesting to know that disappearance of one (more) hosts costs additional money for the renter. I think it is not clever and not fair. I, as a renter, don't care about lost hosts. It's actually Sia Network problem, not mine, and should be solved without extra charges by nework itself.
Amazon/Google/etc don't charge extra for faulty drives or some other inner problems - thats fair.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
August 27, 2017, 11:56:15 AM

wth

Have you updated to version 1.3? Previous versions had a problem with mempool managing that made some Tx to be dropped during peak activity on the network.

Just update if you haven't and keep trying to send them again to the exchange
copper member
Activity: 6
August 27, 2017, 09:07:38 AM
I've been wondering, could Sia be leveraged or marketed via resellers?  Small data centers, backup recovery operators that act as a middle man to convince local businesses that Sia is a cheaper option with more redundancy?  Or is Sia not quite at this level yet?
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
August 27, 2017, 05:17:37 AM

wth
August 27, 2017, 01:21:46 AM
Try mining and then selling the 1 TB/month at higher rates.
good luck
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
August 26, 2017, 09:54:51 PM
Is there any benefit of doing SIA mining on Amazon aws storage server?
has anyone tried?

I guess you don't mean mining, but hosting instead, right?

The idea is that Sia is much more cheaper than Amazon for data storage, so you are killing the whole purpose. Amazon charges $23/Tb/month, and average hosts in Sia ask for $1-2/Tb/month. Not to mention bandwidth costs with Amazon....... you would lose a lot of money with that operation  Tongue

However, Sia is open-source code with a lot of APIs for developers, and I am aware of several projects of software and websites that will allow you to pay in FIAT and use the Sia network as a backend

Interesting ! Any names in mind so I can have a look ?

Pixeldrain (https://pixeldrain.com/) is a service for large files sharing, currently free. The author is implementing Sia as a backend and will allow a free tier like now, and a paid tier for very large files. There are at least 2 more projects that I am aware of, but they are personal communications, so I can't disclose information, sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
August 26, 2017, 08:44:14 PM
Is there any benefit of doing SIA mining on Amazon aws storage server?
has anyone tried?
August 26, 2017, 04:45:51 PM
Has sia resolved scaling problems yet? Maybe not resolved, but potential solutions.

Its on it's way there. Right now, renters that reach 5 Terabytes of uploaded data might see their clients slowing-down or even freezing (lower amounts are ok). For the next update (end of September), the optimizations should be able to allow 40Tb or even more, as the whole database system of renters is being redesigned. Next update is totally focused on the renter side of Sia. There are plans to keep increasing this number in future updates.

Actually this is not a problem of the protocol or the nature of the network, it is just an optimization problem of the reference Client. Either the client of the Core Team or clients of other developers should be able to keep increasing the performance.

Thank you for the great news.
Activity: 50
August 26, 2017, 04:08:22 PM
However, Sia is open-source code with a lot of APIs for developers, and I am aware of several projects of software and websites that will allow you to pay in FIAT and use the Sia network as a backend

Interesting ! Any names in mind so I can have a look ?
Jump to: