Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 261. (Read 1382194 times)

Activity: 422
Merit: 270
May 27, 2017, 04:44:36 PM
So I am fairly new to Sia... Can anyone recommend what parameters I should set to offer competitive contracts? Are the default settings acceptable or is there somewhere I can look at other market offers?

Check at http://siahub.info/ for a list of hosts. Click on the "score" column and hosts will be ordered according to their rank. That way, you can check what the top hosts are doing.

Your goal should be to stay among the top 50, but the higher the score, the more chances to be selected when a file contract is formed. Right now, most hosts are targeting at the $1-2/Tb/month storage rate. Your collateral should be 2-3x your storage rate. Bandwidth costs should be lower than the storage price. You'll need a big collateral budget if you have a lot of TB to offer. If you offer less than 4Tb, you will be penalized on the final score

In general, I recommend you to go the the Slack of Sia to ask more specific stuff. We are a lot of hosts there ready to help :-)

Sia is temporary disabled on polo. Why?

It has been disabled for about one week. Sia devs are working with Poloniex people to fix it. They catch the bug already, so it should be done very soon.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
May 27, 2017, 03:29:11 PM
So I am fairly new to Sia... Can anyone recommend what parameters I should set to offer competitive contracts? Are the default settings acceptable or is there somewhere I can look at other market offers?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
May 27, 2017, 02:07:24 PM
Sia is temporary disabled on polo. Why?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
May 27, 2017, 10:28:52 AM
bittrex are phishing scheme they will steal your coins bittrex = cryptsy avoid them * sia corrupted by them? :\
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
May 27, 2017, 08:41:27 AM
Good long-term project. I'm in it . Good luck to ALL investors.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
May 27, 2017, 06:55:56 AM
I also think there is a huge upward potential, this is one of the projects i really believe will make a difference in the long run

Yes, it makes difference in the market but to settle back it will take some time because people who have bitcoin now sold them at a higher price. So it will take the time to settle back to previous values.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
May 27, 2017, 06:50:58 AM
Not so sure about rise. I guess the correction is here and it's serious. The price grow was too fast...
Activity: 244
May 27, 2017, 05:56:46 AM
I also think there is a huge upward potential, this is one of the projects i really believe will make a difference in the long run
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1001
May 27, 2017, 05:54:44 AM
Hopefully it was not bad timing for buying Sia on Bittrex last days. Volume was on permanent increase immediately what get listed at trex but price was not increasing. My thoughts were it was on accumulation but now thing looks much more worse for short term. Sia will perform much better next days now I am long on for it.

Yes . Sia-coin will achieve a higher score. Because bitcoin price drops down Cheesy
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
VIMee - Social Network
May 27, 2017, 05:27:56 AM
Hopefully it was not bad timing for buying Sia on Bittrex last days. Volume was on permanent increase immediately what get listed at trex but price was not increasing. My thoughts were it was on accumulation but now thing looks much more worse for short term. Sia will perform much better next days now I am long on for it.

Right now altcoin market is completely downside so it will take some to gain back because all people who are holding bitcoins are dumped in the market. So people will buy back when the price of Bitcoin is reduced. That's why we have to wait patiently in the crypto world because you will not become rich in a single day.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
May 27, 2017, 05:05:07 AM
legendary
May 27, 2017, 04:49:09 AM
How long does siacoin delivery take? How much must be confirmed on the net?
Activity: 13
Merit: 1
May 26, 2017, 10:19:23 PM
I will be able to wait, just wanted to make sure I don't bust my download limit...

Thanks for the answers.
May 26, 2017, 07:21:42 PM
Question for anyone,

I am currently downloading the blockchain. Anybody knows what is his current size ? In gigabytes ? And where to find it ?

It is something more than 4Gb. Using a SSD drive it will take one day to download, in a regular HHD 3 days or more. You can accelerate it downloading the consensus DB file: https://forum.sia.tech/topic/155/consensus-db-downloads

Choose the most recent corresponding to your version of the client (consensus file is forward compatible but not backwards compatible)
legendary
May 26, 2017, 06:56:33 PM
Question for anyone,

I am currently downloading the blockchain. Anybody knows what is his current size ? In gigabytes ? And where to find it ?

for the time it takes me 5.5 gb
Activity: 13
Merit: 1
May 26, 2017, 06:33:44 PM
Question for anyone,

May 26, 2017, 11:56:26 AM
Hi Dev . Does every host take 0.6 sia?
I am not a dev but I can help. Please detail you question, what do you mean with hosts "taking 0.6 Sia"?

Hosts set up their pricing and receive a revenue depending on how many contracts they are receiving. If for example you offer 4Tb of hosting at 200Sia/Tb/month but you only receive 100Gb in contracts, you will receive 20 Sia per month (plus some extra Sia in bandwidth costs)
legendary
May 26, 2017, 11:32:01 AM
Hi Dev . Does every host take 0.6 sia?
Activity: 682
Merit: 540
May 26, 2017, 11:24:09 AM
noob miner started mining. Please anyone know how to get more than 1 worker? Here is the syntax I use for 2 worker using gominer.

from sia.nanopool.org

gominer.exe -I 28 -H sia-us-east1.nanopool.org:9980 -Q
"address=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&worker=worker1&email="
"address=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&worker=worker2&email="

I have 2 GPUs but only seeing 1 worker.

EDIT: Disregard looking like both devices are being used with 1 worker.

Use siamining.com its superior
Activity: 244
May 26, 2017, 08:37:36 AM
Guys sorry if it's a stupid question, but i downloaded latest Sia-UI and i still don't see my coins

Is it normal? I thought 1.2.2 would fix the issue

Pleas give some details so we can help you! When did you send your coins to your address?

- Are them from a very old wallet like version 0.3? Then go to the terminal and type "siac wallet load 033x "

- Recently, from Poloniex? There are experiencing huge problems with withdrawals. Open a ticket with them

Bought from Shapeshift in this month, no old wallet nor Polonium

Tried using "wallet init-seed --force" but that didn't work out either, this is the error i get

error when calling /wallet/init/seed: wallet has not been encrypted yet

First: Check the transaction went actually into the blockchain. Shapeshift should have provided you a TxID of the withdrawal: check it at http://explore.sia.tech/

Secondly: If not a problem about Shapeshift let's see your wallet. Basic stuff: are you pasting the recovery seed exactly as it is (no extra spaces, no missing characters)? When you downloaded Sia, did you created a new wallet and is this wallet where you send the funds? Or did you created a second wallet this time you downloaded sia. If a different wallet is loaded into Sia, the command to load a new wallet is actually "siac wallet load"

Tried a few times, not sure why nor how but after the 6th time it worked
Jump to: