Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 262. (Read 1382194 times)

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
May 26, 2017, 08:18:33 AM
Sia made CNBC: Bitcoin 'nerds' give way to Wall Street suits at digital currency conference: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/25/bitcoin-nerds-give-way-to-wall-street-suits-at-digital-currency-conference.html

At Consensus "there were a lot of suits," David Vorick, co-founder and CEO of Sia, a cloud computing company based on blockchain, said of his experience at Consensus. "It just felt like everybody was there doing business. Even myself. I was wearing a suit, and that's not my natural state of being."
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
May 26, 2017, 05:39:35 AM

There is this faucet, but I am not sure if it is working anymore: http://siapulse.com/page/faucet

I am also interested in this project, I want to know where to read about development plans and when the end point of the development release

Roadmap: https://trello.com/b/Io1dDyuI/sia-public-roadmap

Hakkane, thanks a lot! This was exactly I was looking for. I'll test the faucet soon Smiley
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
May 25, 2017, 07:38:47 PM
noob miner started mining. Please anyone know how to get more than 1 worker? Here is the syntax I use for 2 worker using gominer.

from sia.nanopool.org

gominer.exe -I 28 -H sia-us-east1.nanopool.org:9980 -Q
"address=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&worker=worker1&email="
"address=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&worker=worker2&email="

I have 2 GPUs but only seeing 1 worker.

EDIT: Disregard looking like both devices are being used with 1 worker.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
May 25, 2017, 04:49:03 PM
Can anyone here please advice a place where I can read detailed summary about the SC? 1st post in this thread is a little bit complicated, I'd better read a short summary... Also, any faucets for SIA?

This infography is very simple to understand: https://i.imgur.com/pjzvL0u.jpg

Check the webpage and the video on it, too: https://sia.tech/

There is this faucet, but I am not sure if it is working anymore: http://siapulse.com/page/faucet

I am also interested in this project, I want to know where to read about development plans and when the end point of the development release

Roadmap: https://trello.com/b/Io1dDyuI/sia-public-roadmap
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
https://www.projecton.pro/
May 25, 2017, 04:34:50 PM
Can anyone here please advice a place where I can read detailed summary about the SC? 1st post in this thread is a little bit complicated, I'd better read a short summary... Also, any faucets for SIA?

Activity: 147
May 25, 2017, 04:05:34 PM
legendary
Activity: 959
Merit: 1037
May 25, 2017, 03:31:04 PM
Price is dropping like hell... you need to make an announcement to stop this drop with panic sell  Huh Holding tons of SC and this drop means I already lost 30%...

Well you bought at the top of a shooting star. Don't panic, just some healthy consolidation. Also think long term SC will be provide it's rewards.

Of course i won't sell Cheesy but the drop was massive... now it's returning back.

You know what, that was really weird. There was a token summit today and all altcoin news bitten by bitcoin price jump... and after summit, tons of bitcoins returns to market back. Reeeealy interesting.
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
May 25, 2017, 01:29:13 PM
Price is dropping like hell... you need to make an announcement to stop this drop with panic sell  Huh Holding tons of SC and this drop means I already lost 30%...

Well you bought at the top of a shooting star. Don't panic, just some healthy consolidation. Also think long term SC will be provide it's rewards.
May 25, 2017, 09:54:48 AM
Guys sorry if it's a stupid question, but i downloaded latest Sia-UI and i still don't see my coins

Is it normal? I thought 1.2.2 would fix the issue

Pleas give some details so we can help you! When did you send your coins to your address?

- Are them from a very old wallet like version 0.3? Then go to the terminal and type "siac wallet load 033x "

- Recently, from Poloniex? There are experiencing huge problems with withdrawals. Open a ticket with them

Bought from Shapeshift in this month, no old wallet nor Polonium

Tried using "wallet init-seed --force" but that didn't work out either, this is the error i get

error when calling /wallet/init/seed: wallet has not been encrypted yet

First: Check the transaction went actually into the blockchain. Shapeshift should have provided you a TxID of the withdrawal: check it at http://explore.sia.tech/

Secondly: If not a problem about Shapeshift let's see your wallet. Basic stuff: are you pasting the recovery seed exactly as it is (no extra spaces, no missing characters)? When you downloaded Sia, did you created a new wallet and is this wallet where you send the funds? Or did you created a second wallet this time you downloaded sia. If a different wallet is loaded into Sia, the command to load a new wallet is actually "siac wallet load"
Activity: 244
May 25, 2017, 09:36:35 AM
Guys sorry if it's a stupid question, but i downloaded latest Sia-UI and i still don't see my coins

Is it normal? I thought 1.2.2 would fix the issue

Pleas give some details so we can help you! When did you send your coins to your address?

- Are them from a very old wallet like version 0.3? Then go to the terminal and type "siac wallet load 033x "

- Recently, from Poloniex? There are experiencing huge problems with withdrawals. Open a ticket with them

Bought from Shapeshift in this month, no old wallet nor Polonium

Tried using "wallet init-seed --force" but that didn't work out either, this is the error i get

error when calling /wallet/init/seed: wallet has not been encrypted yet
May 25, 2017, 09:19:35 AM
Price is dropping like hell... you need to make an announcement to stop this drop with panic sell  Huh Holding tons of SC and this drop means I already lost 30%...
No need to spread panic. Price is oscillating as with any other altcoin these days. Adjustmets and pure trading speculation that has anything to do with the long-term development of the project Need of new announcements you say? Let's recap what happened only this week:

- Sia has been listed in Bittrex and HitBTC

- Sia wallet v 1.2.2 has been released

- Host number has increased about a 25% and total hosting space about a 15%

- Renting demand has grown a 10%

- David Vorik, developer, is presenting today at the Token Summit in NYC

i don't know much of this coin though but i think this is hype too much. price usually grows specially if the coin has better feature than the rest with same concept like storj. anything below 1000 satoshi is pretty cheap indeed but this one seem to be hitting rock bottom already. didn't the team set up their own buy wall to keep the price?
Why should they manipulate the market?. I am sure they don't care about the pricing at this moment. Sia was never premined, so they don't even have a position to protect. They are working on further development and attracting big companies to rent space on Sia. That's the only think that matters fr the long term viability of Sia. You are a trader so you have a different mentality, but those of us implicated in the renting/hosting economy don't care too much about speculation

We are holding 1912186 sia coins. we will hold atleast 1 year+.

Is there any way to earn using these stored coins?
You can use them as collateral to set up a new host, and earn more Sia with your unused disk space  Smiley

For a few hours I can not connect to my wallet. Who knows why?
If you are upgrading from a version previous from v.1.1.2 it might be usual it needs hours to be ready the dirst time, don't worry. But give us more details. Are you using v.1.2.2? Are you making a clean install or an upgrade from an old version? Do you have a previous wallet with funds? Do you have a recovery seed of that wallet?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
May 25, 2017, 09:03:41 AM
David Vorick, founder/ceo of Sia speaking at Token Summit in NYC today!  Buy now before the mooning!
Activity: 178
May 25, 2017, 08:59:46 AM
All altcoins are crashing, not only sia
legendary
Activity: 959
Merit: 1037
May 25, 2017, 08:53:08 AM
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012
May 25, 2017, 02:34:16 AM
We are holding 1912186 sia coins. we will hold atleast 1 year+.

Is there any way to earn using these stored coins?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
May 25, 2017, 02:33:20 AM
Earlier coinage was so cheap, I am now very sorry that I have not bought a lot of this coin. It grows.

I see plenty upside for this project. Anything below 1000 sats still considered cheap.

Yes, right market is in down trend so it is right time to buy some cheap sia coin. Because there is a big chance that the price of sia can increase in future to more than 1000 sats.

i don't know much of this coin though but i think this is hype too much. price usually grows specially if the coin has better feature than the rest with same concept like storj. anything below 1000 satoshi is pretty cheap indeed but this one seem to be hitting rock bottom already. didn't the team set up their own buy wall to keep the price?

Nobody doesn't who kept the buy walls because the market is very dull with the rise of BTC. So it is not predictable because still there are 600 BTC buy orders in Polo. But many people have a lot of hope on this project that it's price will increase to 1000sats.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
May 25, 2017, 02:14:15 AM
Earlier coinage was so cheap, I am now very sorry that I have not bought a lot of this coin. It grows.

I see plenty upside for this project. Anything below 1000 sats still considered cheap.

Yes, right market is in down trend so it is right time to buy some cheap sia coin. Because there is a big chance that the price of sia can increase in future to more than 1000 sats.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
May 25, 2017, 12:00:33 AM

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
May 24, 2017, 11:51:27 PM

time to buy and hold for this coin its seems that there's a lots of things to come and like you have said under 1k sat still cheap
incoming future for the value of sc keep it up and watch how past the movements will come.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1001
May 24, 2017, 11:48:53 PM

For a few hours I can not connect to my wallet. Who knows why?
Jump to: