Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 266. (Read 1382194 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
May 22, 2017, 02:43:24 PM
I sell Sia @ discount prices. Let me know if you're interested.

Activity: 422
Merit: 270
May 22, 2017, 02:42:10 PM
Version 1.2.2 have been officially released. All of you guys that have been experiencing problems unlocking the wallet and suffering crashes might want to give it a try  Wink

This is from @taek in the official slack: "We are pleased to announce the v1.2.2 release. Many of the wallet issues that some users have been experiencing have been fixed. Unlock time has been reduced. Several crashing bugs have been fixed in the UI."
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Hi, Im Bitcoin trader and crypto enthusiast.
May 22, 2017, 09:09:03 AM
Earlier for me, the price of this token (120-150 sat) seemed colossal. But now I think 450sat is very small.

I have a second thought on SIA coin now, and I already made a purchased. I feel this coin has so much potential and more to offer. I believe this coin will  follow and be successful like NEM.

So what is the reason for the recent big rise?

Some people think Sia is an ordinary altcoin in the world of crypto currency, however, in my point of view, I want to compare Sia to Uber.
1.Safety Cloud Storage.
2.Pure Privacy.
3.Data Encrpyt.
4.Cheap Storage Price.
5.Easy to Use.

The reason why I compare Sia to Uber is that both of this two project can utilize the spare resources to fulfill the requirements of someone who needs this. For example, Uber doesn’t own cars, but it is the biggest taxi and car renting company in the world. It meets both the need from car owners and passengers. Similarly, Sia builds a link between the cloud storage users and the storage providers.
As a result, Siacoin is not only a crypto currency, but also a service resources.
From a research report of IDC, the overall market value of cloud storage would be 6.2 billion dollars in 2018. However, the cloud storage providers are monopolized by giant companies like, Google, Apple, Amazon, Baidu and 360. The cloud storage monopolization may lead to high storage price and large spare spaces been wasted.
Well, Sia uses a decentralized storage platform to break the monopolization. By simply using a Sia client, anyone can provide his or her spared storage space to the network. That is called a host or storage provider. The host can determine the price by considering the average price of the market. The more hosts compete for users, the more reasonable the market price will be. At that time, the free market of cloud storage will break the monopolization and find a reasonable price.
Then, let us do some calculation and see how to evaluate Sia. In the long run, if the cloud storage market keep increasing and if Sia can own just 10% of the overall market. The possible market value of Sia can reach over 1 billion in 2018.
Activity: 896
Merit: 289
Twitter: @BTY_11073
May 22, 2017, 07:23:03 AM
Sia UI 1.2.2 is coming:
https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/releases/tag/v1.2.2

Hope this one will solve all these balance and seed recovering problems
Good job!
Wait for Windows release of Wallet.
Activity: 178
May 22, 2017, 04:21:20 AM
Sia UI 1.2.2 is coming:
https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/releases/tag/v1.2.2

Hope this one will solve all these balance and seed recovering problems
Activity: 214
May 22, 2017, 02:28:53 AM
Earlier for me, the price of this token (120-150 sat) seemed colossal. But now I think 450sat is very small.

I have a second thought on SIA coin now, and I already made a purchased. I feel this coin has so much potential and more to offer. I believe this coin will  follow and be successful like NEM.

So what is the reason for the recent big rise?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
May 22, 2017, 12:32:59 AM

I have a second thought on SIA coin now, and I already made a purchased. I feel this coin has so much potential and more to offer. I believe this coin will  follow and be successful like NEM.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
May 21, 2017, 11:25:55 PM
SIA is a pump and dump shitcoin that is riding on the DGB Hype train which is a shitcoin itself

THis bubble will burst hard and SIA will be under 25 sats in no time

Sounds like you just hatin!
May 21, 2017, 08:21:38 PM
however it is a very good project..i never made trust at cloud storage..because this can close or look your data if they want..price is very expansif andif you do not pay your data are delete..What is the policy about this? when contrat is end i can recuperat my data ?

Your data is safe at Sia: it is encrypted, and each file is divided in chunks divided among 50 different hosts. So even if I could decrypt it, I would still need access to thethe 49 remaining hosts.

The renter pays the price upfront: You make an allowance for a max amount of data and a defined duration at a fixed price. For example, let's say you have 1Tb to upload for 10 months. The software finds you the best 50 hosts and you make contracts with them, let's say, at 100SC/Tb/month. As data is stored at 3x redundancy, you would pay 3000SC upfront. In other words, you are not affected if the price of Sia changes over time. Mostly the host is affected because he can't predict the value of what he will receive. Host is paid ONLY at the end of the contract if he kept a 97% uptime during the contract (if not, you receive your money back and the collateral the host put upfront is burnt)

You can download your data as many times as you want during the duration of the contract (you pay per bandwidth too, but it is usually a much lower than the storage price). Once the contract is over, files are destroyed
Activity: 448
May 21, 2017, 08:01:47 PM
hi
i wanna mine siacoin. can you suggest a good sc pool? because some pools are paying payments very very late.
Activity: 195
May 21, 2017, 07:57:32 PM
I am planning to sell at 1500-2000 sat, as from there on i believe it's a long hold. Lets see what june brings
Actually, I don't want to speculate at the price but we cant really see now I think. I will wait for further developments If I were you, I think Siacoin has so much to bring to the table.

but i heard the devs are planning to hold the price down on purpose because of cheap hosting value, am i wrong saying that $0.10 would be their max goal at the very end?

Nope, that's not correct. Hosting prices are offered by individual hosts that will reduce the price in Siacoin according to market conditions. For example, one moth ago I was asking 1200SC/Tb/month and now I am asking for 200SC. It doesn't matter if the value of the token goes to the moon: I will have to keep reducing the price to be competitive.

I must be the only one here that is not happy with this price bump. I am a host and for me is just annoying to have to be changing my hosting prices every couple of days. And for potential renters I guess all this instability of prices might be scary: "should I rent or should I hold my coins?". Sia does not need a price bump like this. We just need stability to promote the network growth and attract big renters to the ecosystem (right now, only 2.5% of the offered space is being used)

so are u not satisfact of resell ur sia with more value..what u should u said of btc  Roll Eyes

I am not in the Sia ecosystem to make money. I am here to offer storage space because I believe in this project and I think it can become the "Uber of cloud storage". That way, it will broke Amazon/Microsoft monopolies an reduce overall the cost of cloud storage worldwide, something everybody will benefit in the long term.

It is right my current hosting contracts will return me more value, but I think it is also scaring new renters. In the last 3-4 days the rate of new storage contracts have been significantly reduced compared with the last 2 weeks. I would ratter have 80% of my disks full of cheap contracts than just a 5% (like now) of contracts that have increased their value because of a exchange bump in the meanwhile.

Also, this bump means for the hosts that we will have to pay much more FIAT for acquiring collateral to offer in the new contracts... I already have my wallet with plenty of collateral budget, but any new host needs to provide by design 20.000SC minimal in collateral budget. This is, $200 paid upfront if you want to offer your hard drives with the hope of receiving $2-3/Tb/month... Do you see the problem more clear now?

So as you see, only traders are benefiting from this bump, not the users

sure this problem must be resolve by devs not me and you..why not provide price in fiat this will more clear.

however it is a very good project..i never made trust at cloud storage..because this can close or look your data if they want..price is very expansif andif you do not pay your data are delete..What is the policy about this? when contrat is end i can recuperat my data ?

yes SC can make fiat CNY space rent, but a lot of people forgot whats happening, this very long term project works now, and its using 1-2% only or less, and big players knows that so they just buying all your SIA for nothing, you all get news that's for sure, but when SIA hit 1$, will that make you confident? hmmmmm
better not to think like a crowd
in june will be direct file share, in decentralized manner, this is huge step, and big problem for regulators, at any cost this service will be very popular in internet and darknet, some guy sad for Monero, I buy every time that I have opportunity when it will hit, better be ready.

ideology for Sia forming current situation, it has actually concurrent in BURST but don't have file store tech like SIA
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
May 21, 2017, 06:58:24 PM
I've downloaded the new wallet and now I'm getting:

A SIA-UI error has occured: Siad unexpectedly exited. Error:log Loading.... (0/6) Loading siad... (1/6) Loading gateway...listen txp: address undefined: missing port in address

And idea how to fix that?
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113
May 21, 2017, 06:36:21 PM
I am planning to sell at 1500-2000 sat, as from there on i believe it's a long hold. Lets see what june brings
Actually, I don't want to speculate at the price but we cant really see now I think. I will wait for further developments If I were you, I think Siacoin has so much to bring to the table.

but i heard the devs are planning to hold the price down on purpose because of cheap hosting value, am i wrong saying that $0.10 would be their max goal at the very end?

Nope, that's not correct. Hosting prices are offered by individual hosts that will reduce the price in Siacoin according to market conditions. For example, one moth ago I was asking 1200SC/Tb/month and now I am asking for 200SC. It doesn't matter if the value of the token goes to the moon: I will have to keep reducing the price to be competitive.

I must be the only one here that is not happy with this price bump. I am a host and for me is just annoying to have to be changing my hosting prices every couple of days. And for potential renters I guess all this instability of prices might be scary: "should I rent or should I hold my coins?". Sia does not need a price bump like this. We just need stability to promote the network growth and attract big renters to the ecosystem (right now, only 2.5% of the offered space is being used)

so are u not satisfact of resell ur sia with more value..what u should u said of btc  Roll Eyes

I am not in the Sia ecosystem to make money. I am here to offer storage space because I believe in this project and I think it can become the "Uber of cloud storage". That way, it will broke Amazon/Microsoft monopolies an reduce overall the cost of cloud storage worldwide, something everybody will benefit in the long term.

It is right my current hosting contracts will return me more value, but I think it is also scaring new renters. In the last 3-4 days the rate of new storage contracts have been significantly reduced compared with the last 2 weeks. I would ratter have 80% of my disks full of cheap contracts than just a 5% (like now) of contracts that have increased their value because of a exchange bump in the meanwhile.

Also, this bump means for the hosts that we will have to pay much more FIAT for acquiring collateral to offer in the new contracts... I already have my wallet with plenty of collateral budget, but any new host needs to provide by design 20.000SC minimal in collateral budget. This is, $200 paid upfront if you want to offer your hard drives with the hope of receiving $2-3/Tb/month... Do you see the problem more clear now?

sure this problem must be resolve by devs not me and you..why not provide price in fiat this will more clear.

Activity: 361
May 21, 2017, 06:31:17 PM
May 21, 2017, 06:25:43 PM

legendary
May 21, 2017, 06:12:30 PM

May 21, 2017, 06:07:11 PM

legendary
May 21, 2017, 05:59:22 PM
SIA is a pump and dump shitcoin that is riding on the DGB Hype train which is a shitcoin itself

wow why so much rage..do you have missed the bull run ?

sia and dgb have project it seems to me..sia cloud storage and dgb cybersecuity by smartcontract and it will activat segwit soon.

if some one use sia network..can it coming testify than sia cold storage work ?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
May 21, 2017, 02:43:45 PM

legendary
May 21, 2017, 02:42:03 PM
hi

what prospect for sia ?
Jump to: