Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 299. (Read 1382191 times)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250
October 16, 2016, 10:41:56 PM
nobody answered my question from above
so
i started a new wallet on seperate computer and still v....

what do i do ?
where is that file ?
how to start ?

sounds like the the wallet u downloaded is corrupt. I was going to say delete all files except your wallet file and concensus folder and restart ui. But u said u installed on a new computer with new wallet.

So like I said I think the original file that is the wallet that u uncompresed is bad.

Re-download and re-install
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
October 16, 2016, 08:45:04 PM
nobody answered my question from above
so
i started a new wallet on seperate computer and still v....

what do i do ?
where is that file ?
how to start ?
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
October 16, 2016, 02:24:43 PM
Well I got bad experiences. Sent 55k siacoin from poloniex to unlock hosting features. I checked the transaction in the blockchain and found that the input and output was complete. I mean sia recieved the coin and sent to my wallet. The problem is I HAVE NO BALANCE in my wallet Shocked. So I wrote on their forum they answered that the poloniex can have trouble with withdrawals.... but the transfer happened... The address was correct. What can be the problem?

i think that if you wait a while, you will see your sia  Wink

Yea man but when? 6 days passed and still nothing happened. I trust these sia guys I hope the best...

Make sure your wallet is fully synchronized and the address you used is in your wallet.

Well, to keep things in perspective...
55,000 SC is about $23 US worth of a leading edge p2p storage platform still in beta.

I really hope you resolve your problem because this is a reputable, quality project...
But correct procedure with an initial transfer to a new address and/or wallet...
Would be to send a tiny test transfer of, say, 1000 SC... then do larger transfers if that is uneventful.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
October 16, 2016, 12:07:51 PM
Well I got bad experiences. Sent 55k siacoin from poloniex to unlock hosting features. I checked the transaction in the blockchain and found that the input and output was complete. I mean sia recieved the coin and sent to my wallet. The problem is I HAVE NO BALANCE in my wallet Shocked. So I wrote on their forum they answered that the poloniex can have trouble with withdrawals.... but the transfer happened... The address was correct. What can be the problem?

Yea man but when? 6 days passed and still nothing happened. I trust these sia guys I hope the best...

Make sure your wallet is fully synchronized and the address you used is in your wallet.
Activity: 168
I Love CryptoDAO.com
October 16, 2016, 11:34:51 AM
Waiting for next update .
Activity: 3
October 16, 2016, 09:29:29 AM

Activity: 236
October 16, 2016, 09:01:17 AM
I can not open my Sia Mac Wallet
(Mac 10.12)

Am getting this ! (i did not move anything and have no idea where to find that file)
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
October 16, 2016, 06:20:50 AM

Activity: 3
October 16, 2016, 02:54:21 AM
Activity: 2
October 15, 2016, 05:11:20 PM
Hi,

What is the next step in this process?
What are u guys up to?

I'm really interested in this project Smiley
Activity: 53
October 12, 2016, 07:52:11 AM
price 68.....
October 11, 2016, 01:31:27 AM
Wallet been down in Polo for 3 days...

It's back up. I successfully withdrew some 12 hours ago. Polo's wallet issue.

Anyway 1.03RC is being tested right now. The actual 1.03 version should be out in the next few days.
What improvements in this version?
I wonder how long we are till one click "rent a space/ host your files"...

The bread and butter upload/download files functions are working well in 1.03. Probably no fancy functions yet but it's a giant step towards decentralized cloud storage.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
October 10, 2016, 02:43:34 PM
Hi guys,

What are latest news about Sia?

Love that coin! Wink
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
October 10, 2016, 04:07:15 AM

Anyway 1.03RC is being tested right now. The actual 1.03 version should be out in the next few days.
What improvements in this version?
I wonder how long we are till one click "rent a space/ host your files"...
October 10, 2016, 01:30:17 AM

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
October 09, 2016, 03:57:19 AM
why?
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
October 08, 2016, 03:34:09 PM
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
October 08, 2016, 12:44:17 AM
nice info mate i think this coin really needs more exposure and advertisement it is one of promising coin and im keeping my coin on hold lone term investment to have good profits in return.
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
October 08, 2016, 12:06:12 AM

Step 1: Make sure the client is updated and synced. - Back it up too!

Step 2: Get 50,000 SiaCoin from an exchange and transfer them into your wallet.

Step 3: Unlock your wallet

(Not needed on updated client) Step 4: Forward Ports to either :9981 or :9982

Step 5: In the Hosting tab click "Announce" - this can take a few hours to propagate the network.

Step 6: Set your file contract price - remember it is a market so you may have to be competitive to get contracts
You still need a mass amount of Sia to sell your storage? Lame.

It's to be put up as collateral to ensure the renter can feel confident the files will actually be provided.

Should the host go offline the collateral will be forfeited, if the host remains online and is in good standing once the contracts expire the collateral is returned to the host.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000
Jump to: