Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 308. (Read 1382191 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
August 17, 2016, 01:15:32 PM
There is still 20% Bonus per Block on https://sia.suprnova.cc

Miners for AMD, NViDIA are linked in the getting started pages of the pool, would appreciate if you spread the hash a little around and grab some free coins  Smiley

Bull SHIT!! - I've been hashing at your pool all frigging Night! I found quite a few blocks..... etc, yet my balance remained 0!

there is a version of cgminer (can't remember which) that proclaims you've discovered blocks like every several minutes, and this is either erroneous or is discovering blocks that the pool is not going to use. I encountered this and was very disappointing to learn that they were basically illusory. I think that might be happening to you.

Yeah - sadly that's the case! SORRY, OCMINER!
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
August 16, 2016, 04:29:59 PM
I've added a Port for use with Claymore's Dual miner to the pool.

You can for example now mine ETC and SIA at the same time using Claymore's Miner with this string:

ethdcrminer64.exe -epool etc-eu.suprnova.cc:3333 -ewal suprnova.1 -epsw x -esm 3 -dpool sia.suprnova.cc:7777 -dwal suprnova.1 -dpsw x -dcoin sia -allpools 1

The claymore port is on sia.suprnova.cc:7777

I hope some more users will switch over as I've still have 20 % Bonus (per Block!) on the pool so that hashrate is split more evenly and we find more than one block per day on suprnova.

have fun mining guys !
thanks OC
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
August 16, 2016, 04:09:05 PM

You can for example now mine ETC and SIA at the same time using Claymore's Miner with this string:

ethdcrminer64.exe -epool etc-eu.suprnova.cc:3333 -ewal suprnova.1 -epsw x -esm 3 -dpool sia.suprnova.cc:7777 -dwal suprnova.1 -dpsw x -dcoin sia -allpools 1

I hope some more users will switch over as I've still have 20 % Bonus (per Block!) on the pool so that hashrate is split more evenly and we find more than one block per day on suprnova.

have fun mining guys !

There now!!!
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
August 16, 2016, 04:00:27 PM

have fun mining guys !
Activity: 690
Merit: 500
August 16, 2016, 03:53:03 PM
Can I just complain about some aspects of the Sia wallet?

- I really dislike that the wallet automatically locks after you quit the UI, if I unlock it I'd like it to stay unlocked until I lock it again manually, I am not very worried about hacks or whatever.

- I think it's patronizing and silly that you can't create your own password for locking/unlocking the wallet. I think the ui-generated passwords are ridiculously long and unnecessary and I feel like it's kind of insulting to imply users can't create good passwords, especially if they're using a sophisticated blockchain platform like Sia.

-Unlocking takes a long time, or well, longer than the unlocking of almost every other wallet I've used before. There has to be a way to speed it up. Or, see above and let users have more control over keeping the wallet unlocked.

That's abut it. Otherwise I think it's a very cool idea and am very happy with the software in general. I can't be the only person who has similar gripes though.

My thoughts exactly. The Linux version also takes about 15 minutes to unlock.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
August 15, 2016, 02:18:49 PM
Can I just complain about some aspects of the Sia wallet?

- I really dislike that the wallet automatically locks after you quit the UI, if I unlock it I'd like it to stay unlocked until I lock it again manually, I am not very worried about hacks or whatever.

- I think it's patronizing and silly that you can't create your own password for locking/unlocking the wallet. I think the ui-generated passwords are ridiculously long and unnecessary and I feel like it's kind of insulting to imply users can't create good passwords, especially if they're using a sophisticated blockchain platform like Sia.

-Unlocking takes a long time, or well, longer than the unlocking of almost every other wallet I've used before. There has to be a way to speed it up. Or, see above and let users have more control over keeping the wallet unlocked.

That's abut it. Otherwise I think it's a very cool idea and am very happy with the software in general. I can't be the only person who has similar gripes though.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
August 15, 2016, 02:12:34 PM

Miners for AMD, NViDIA are linked in the getting started pages of the pool, would appreciate if you spread the hash a little around and grab some free coins  Smiley

Bull SHIT!! - I've been hashing at your pool all frigging Night! I found quite a few blocks..... etc, yet my balance remained 0!

there is a version of cgminer (can't remember which) that proclaims you've discovered blocks like every several minutes, and this is either erroneous or is discovering blocks that the pool is not going to use. I encountered this and was very disappointing to learn that they were basically illusory. I think that might be happening to you.
Activity: 413
August 14, 2016, 04:56:44 PM
After lots of requests, SiaMining.com now supports Claymore's Stratum on port 7777. See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15537538 for more info!
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387
Ukrainians will resist
August 14, 2016, 08:28:01 AM
How to Run a Host on Sia in Windows 7 ?

What price  in your wallet?
Where to watch the actual price?
How long does it take to catch a contract?
Ip address should be permanent or dynamic descend?
Wallet all the time to be running and unlocked?
Activity: 250
August 14, 2016, 06:23:19 AM

a large dose of salts anyone?
the pool rawks. end of.
legendary
August 13, 2016, 11:46:13 PM

Miners for AMD, NViDIA are linked in the getting started pages of the pool, would appreciate if you spread the hash a little around and grab some free coins  Smiley

Where are your blocks then?  Smiley

With the current hashrate and difficulty we find around one block per day and as long as you don't have gigahashes it's extremely unlikely that you've found several of them Smiley
Activity: 121
August 13, 2016, 11:14:07 PM

legendary
August 13, 2016, 02:04:14 PM

Activity: 214
August 13, 2016, 01:45:35 PM

PoW phases will always mean dumping.

Thats why most coins have a limited pow phase.
The second option is a low block reward.

It depends on the set up of the PoW mining phase. If there is reduced block reward, the dump will reduce over time.
Activity: 194
August 12, 2016, 11:18:56 PM
Good time to refill on SIA> Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
August 12, 2016, 07:17:25 PM
How to tell from sia claims how many siacoins your siafunds have earned?
Activity: 535
August 12, 2016, 07:54:08 AM
How much balance do I need to have to annouce node as host?
Activity: 535
August 11, 2016, 10:42:21 AM
So I installed Sia via this readme https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia on Debian. Readme stops on installing so how can I configure it in headless env? How can I start doing something with Sia?

siac output:

Synced: No
Height: 10300
Progress (estimated): 16%

So I assume siac will start to cooperate when blockchain will be synced?
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
August 11, 2016, 12:12:54 AM
Using the Sia-UI wallet, I constantly get error messages saying socket hang up.  Also, it hangs a ton and has a few occasions now forced me to kill the process because of spam error popups.  There are known issues that are being worked on, right?
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
August 10, 2016, 06:15:01 PM

PoW phases will always mean dumping.

Thats why most coins have a limited pow phase.
The second option is a low block reward.
Jump to: