Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 34. (Read 1382145 times)

Activity: 159
Merit: 10
October 23, 2018, 06:02:57 AM
sia coin have lite wallet?
Activity: 731
Merit: 100
October 23, 2018, 01:25:40 AM
I'm sure this coin has a good future for trading, some people have to buy this coin until the market price rises again. it's been 3 years passed by this coin is still alive and that's good.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
October 23, 2018, 01:17:00 AM
Is it a great time to buy Siacoin?
I think yes, hard fork can well affect, it can't  ignore anymore. I think it's a very good entry for people interested in Sia right now

Basically the Siacoin fork and the Bitcoin Cash (fork to Bitcoin Cash SV) should be interesting forks and these forks maybe they might actually have some value.

Personally I don't think Bitmain will do much developement for the Siacoin fork but I am pretty sure it will have value anyways due to speculation.

I think the best coin which forked was actually Bitcoin Cash. I remember I got lucky because I was in an margin trade on both Poloniex and Bitfinex and just by borrowing the BTC, I was creditted an equal amount.

Too bad you can't do the same with Sia as you can't trade it on margin yet. And most likely the Bitcoin Cash SV fork won't get credditted to most Poloniex users like the last 30 forks or so which were all ignored.
Activity: 124
Merit: 15
October 23, 2018, 12:51:37 AM
how do we verify the download with sia.pim file?
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
October 22, 2018, 09:58:33 PM

Or how about this nugget:  "Therefore, we do not like manufacturers that also mine."  Er, but you are doing both, sir.

And finally this pile of gibberish:  "Today, there is a lot of risk associated with mining that comes from not knowing how much hashrate is currently being produced, and also that comes from not knowing when your machine is going to be made obsolete by new competition. These risk factors increase the barrier to entry for mining, increase profit requirements, and overall end up reducing the total hashrate on the network."

Nebulous dev team are defending their ecosystem, shooting a random person is murder, shooting an intruder might be self defence. Time will tell what happens with the fork, but one thing we now know is nebulous has the cajones to make difficult decisions to protect their investment of time, resources and money, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Bitmain actions were damaging, so nebulous fought back, as a user of the p2p storage network it is good to know nebulous is prepared to fight to keep the project viable.

Sia isn't a decentralised leaderless project, not many cryptos are, we all invested in the nebulous team and their tech. We should be happy they are willing to defend themselves, and our investments in sia ecosystem!
Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
October 22, 2018, 05:40:27 PM
what will happen on 31st? will we all SC hodlers receive automatically the Sia Classic on a 1:1 ratio?
and how will we claim it?

If you want the legacy chain coin (Siacoin Classic or whatever its name), you just need to install 1.3.5 and enter your seed. As the devs said 1.3.5 will stay on the legacy chain and 1.3.6 will be on the new (hard-forked) chain.

I want both, is a free money situation
Lets take all possible ways of future development and hodl
Activity: 546
Merit: 122
October 22, 2018, 04:00:53 PM
I think yes, hard fork can well affect, it can't  ignore anymore. I think it's a very good entry for people interested in Sia right now
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
October 22, 2018, 12:56:44 PM
what will happen on 31st? will we all SC hodlers receive automatically the Sia Classic on a 1:1 ratio?

If you want the legacy chain coin (Siacoin Classic or whatever its name), you just need to install 1.3.5 and enter your seed. As the devs said 1.3.5 will stay on the legacy chain and 1.3.6 will be on the new (hard-forked) chain.
Activity: 150
Merit: 3
October 22, 2018, 10:35:00 AM
Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
October 22, 2018, 09:48:27 AM
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
October 21, 2018, 07:20:16 PM

As an aside..is their a 'site' or graph that shows current siacoin hashrate per manufacturer? Like how much of the hash is Innsilicon/Bitmain/Obelisk or whatever?

Also, what is a pretty fair 'consensus' with the above in mind of what the 'actual' difficulty of mining is gonna fall to for Siacoin, when/if the fork happens?

(I know we are guessing...but will it drop by 25% mining wise? 50% ..what do most folk think?)

I've got 5 of the doorstops...got the 1st one still in the box from August 30th....the rest still in the box as they straggled in as we speak...

I 'suppose' I should get motivated and at least get them up on the 'current' network even at a mining loss to see if they even work or not...before the firmware

upgrade (which I bet will be 1-2 weeks left...siatech it is how they roll) Sad

anyway, guesses...just p*ssing in the wind in spite of myself here....stuff to do Smiley

Activity: 32
Merit: 4
October 21, 2018, 06:30:29 PM
So sia is forking because their asic is unprofitable to run and because all the miners left the forum well people didn't leave because of bitmain and other asic they left because it was a big f u to GPU miners, but now the only people who will make money is the miners who own a obelisk that now is no longer for sale so explain again how this is decentralized

What?  You don't understand Vorrick's thought piece?  Read it again for nuggets such as:

"We like decentralization because it prevents groups outside of our control from making decisions that we don’t like."  Hmm.  Reminds me of a book I read a long time ago titled Animal Farm.

Or how about this nugget:  "Therefore, we do not like manufacturers that also mine."  Er, but you are doing both, sir.

And finally this pile of gibberish:  "Today, there is a lot of risk associated with mining that comes from not knowing how much hashrate is currently being produced, and also that comes from not knowing when your machine is going to be made obsolete by new competition. These risk factors increase the barrier to entry for mining, increase profit requirements, and overall end up reducing the total hashrate on the network."

Activity: 672
Merit: 250
October 21, 2018, 01:42:21 PM
The hard fork will come into effect by the October 31st. There’s no plan to issue new coin. If somebody will do it, basing on the old network, the new coin might be issued but there are no guarantees that any exchange will support it.
By that time it is interesting whether it is possible to expect growth of the price of a coin? Still the good old sia tested the coin, and you can probably safely buy coins.
October 20, 2018, 10:53:02 PM
Good luck to sia classic, if they have devs who can compete with the actual implementation of decentralised storage then this can drive the 'original' nebulous dev team to achieve better results, too often crypto projects make early financial gains that make dev teams lazy, get on the conference circuit jetting around the world talking about solutions rather than coding them. Competition is good, and everyone now owns equal number of coins on both chains, so all is fair at the start.

https://siaclassic.org
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
October 20, 2018, 02:38:15 PM
The hard fork will come into effect by the October 31st. There’s no plan to issue new coin. If somebody will do it, basing on the old network, the new coin might be issued but there are no guarantees that any exchange will support it.

with 4/5ths of all blake2b equipment NOT being an Obelisk machine and not being able to mine Siacoin after Oct 31st, 2018, well I'd be shocked if they don't run the old blockchain and call it Siacoin Classic or some such.

So the problem with an 'exchange' taking such a coin with that much hash will be likely moot.

I'd like to be wrong, but just can't see folk (big and small) sitting on that much equipment as 'doorstops' without doing the above.

Brad
Activity: 159
Merit: 0
October 20, 2018, 05:15:38 AM
I want to buy some coins but i heard few days/weeks ago some people lost their coins in the wallet. Is this issue still present?

I think if people usually back up their wallets , it is impossible to loose their amounts..
I think they have upgrade there security. it is secure to buy now.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
October 20, 2018, 05:08:32 AM
This hard fork to block manipulators mining equipment made by Bitmain will set good example for other projects to have option to complete freedom in future. Siacoin successfully completed hard fork though information is limited but big goal of getting rid of Bitmain has been achieved. Other benefits and details will surely be out very soon.

I agree with your sentiment. Previously the only winners were those manipulators and  without support of any whales this  fork of SIA was the only option for developers. This fork  will balance out the position of ordinary ppl.
October 20, 2018, 04:31:57 AM
The fork will end months of uncertainty  and I expect 'sia classic' will continue and could easily morph into a viable crypto, not very likely it will become a token for a rival decentralised storage network without devs, but with a community of miners with existing hardware behind it, sia classic has a good base to work something out.

He world doesn't need Sia classic , but obsolete hardware is a powerful incentive to keep it going.

Activity: 854
Merit: 256
October 20, 2018, 03:05:41 AM
If you don't upgrade client upon hard fork you will remain on old chain @Streyter. Being on old chain meaning your transactions will not be shown on block explorer and sending/receiving can lost on ways. There are multiple risks that's why it is always made mandatory to switch to latest client to remain fully safe and protected being on main chain. Why don't you upgrade when it is required I don't understand first of all.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
October 20, 2018, 02:52:18 AM
This hard fork to block manipulators mining equipment made by Bitmain will set good example for other projects to have option to complete freedom in future. Siacoin successfully completed hard fork though information is limited but big goal of getting rid of Bitmain has been achieved. Other benefits and details will surely be out very soon.
Pages:
Jump to: