Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 353. (Read 1382191 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
February 13, 2016, 08:52:03 AM

Hello All

Soon I will be installing a second hard drive. Is there a way to tell the wallet to use the second hard drive for storage?
 if not, it would be a good update for the next wallet.

legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000
February 13, 2016, 08:00:31 AM
It crashed quite a bit, maybe it is just stabilization and getting ready for a steady rise. With StorJ at 2 mil market cap now, I see Sia Coin going there as well especially after the February roadmap is implemented. StorJ is still on an uptrend, lets see where it settles. It would indicate where the storage coins are going to end up. Anyway, this thread should be more about increasing coin usability and quality of service than price speculation so I just want to wish you well.
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
This industry is pure fiction
February 13, 2016, 06:09:48 AM
The issue is with the directory it's being extracted to, it's a known issue.

Sia UI must be extracted to the C:/ drive and not put into a folder such as your desktop or downloads. When extracting click the extract button, do not drag and drop.

Thanks. I will give this a try.
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
February 13, 2016, 05:14:53 AM
When you say export to 0.5.1 do you mean click the "Import Legacy Wallet" button from in the 0.5.1 UI?

It's not explained the most clearly so this has led to some confusion and I have not done this myself. rather I'm only stating it from memory after seeing it in Slack...

1) Firstly backup everything.
2) If you haven't already initialize a new wallet in the 0.5.1 UI, it will give you a password/seed
2.5) Backup the new wallet/password/seed
3) Click Import Legacy Wallet, from 0.5.1 and select the old wallet file
4) Enter the password from step 2
5) Close and re open the UI
6) Profit???
1. +
2. +
2.5. +
3. + - from 0.3.3.3
4. - The password is not requested, balance = 0
5. +
6. Balance = 0
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
February 13, 2016, 03:37:11 AM
A very long time did not launch Sia. Wallet 0.3.3.3
Now it is not synchronized. I tried to export to 0.5.1, but requires a password. When you first start 0.3.3.3 wallet password is not specified. Where can I take it to access your coins?

Same thing happened to me, lost 3m coins which i paid for in BTC.

Nobody adressing this ?
3.3.3 is obsolete now if I am not mistaken

3.3.3 is obsolete, but a private key is a private key. It just needs to be imported over.

Now if you had a 0.3.3.1 wallet, IIRC those are gone. Those were an early trial and was not the current chain.
legendary
February 13, 2016, 03:24:41 AM
Hi Guys,

Well, just tried to unpack and install Sia-UI-win32-ia32.zip, but I get a -lots- of errors (?)
Also the .exe is corrupted (?)
Tried it 3 times over, but only the same errors

I am sorry, but I am out!
Which OS are you running? Sia-UI is broken on Windows XP 32 bit.

Several coins are requiring 64 bits due to heavy useage of crypto functions beeing not so much suitable for small numbers.

Guesswork from filename you choosen ... you need a new windows install. CPU *should* be suitable for 64 bits (almost all are by now). If that's not the issue then your download was probably damaged.

Don't give up, this is your chance to get in.

The issue is with the directory it's being extracted to, it's a known issue.

Sia UI must be extracted to the C:/ drive and not put into a folder such as your desktop or downloads. When extracting click the extract button, do not drag and drop.
legendary
February 13, 2016, 03:22:27 AM
Now it is not synchronized. I tried to export to 0.5.1, but requires a password. When you first start 0.3.3.3 wallet password is not specified. Where can I take it to access your coins?

When you say export to 0.5.1 do you mean click the "Import Legacy Wallet" button from in the 0.5.1 UI?

It's not explained the most clearly so this has led to some confusion and I have not done this myself. rather I'm only stating it from memory after seeing it in Slack...

1) Firstly backup everything.
2) If you haven't already initialize a new wallet in the 0.5.1 UI, it will give you a password/seed
2.5) Backup the new wallet/password/seed
3) Click Import Legacy Wallet, from 0.5.1 and select the old wallet file
4) Enter the password from step 2
5) Close and re open the UI
6) Profit???
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
February 13, 2016, 03:17:03 AM
Hi Guys,

Well, just tried to unpack and install Sia-UI-win32-ia32.zip, but I get a -lots- of errors (?)

Several coins are requiring 64 bits due to heavy useage of crypto functions beeing not so much suitable for small numbers.

Guesswork from filename you choosen ... you need a new windows install. CPU *should* be suitable for 64 bits (almost all are by now). If that's not the issue then your download was probably damaged.

Don't give up, this is your chance to get in.
legendary
Activity: 2198
February 13, 2016, 03:03:49 AM
You definitly get listed here. Smiley

https://hitbtc.com/

I like the website, seems professional and only a few coins on it.
Interesting, they got Ethereum listed.... so hey ya never know... Sia might would be a fit there as well  Shocked

Like someone said,,, what exchanges lol,,, not many left out there that are considered credible
legendary
Activity: 1330
February 12, 2016, 10:46:14 PM
i heard a new wallet will come today for syncing problem.

but not the mega release of 1.0.
Activity: 454
This industry is pure fiction
February 12, 2016, 08:47:23 PM

Nobody adressing this ?

There's interest out there but the wallet issues need to be addressed. They can't be ignored. I've still not been able to sync my wallet. My Sia is on the blockchain but I may never be able to realise it without a working synced wallet.

I've restarted everything 4 times now. I tried the consensus.db from slack. No joy. Tried restarting again (twice), no joy. I'm now stumped on how to sync this wallet.

I'd like to backup my wallet and try the 32bit version but I don't want to lose my addresses (and lose my Sia in the process).

Can this be done??
legendary
February 12, 2016, 08:33:31 PM

Nobody adressing this ?
3.3.3 is obsolete now if I am not mistaken
Activity: 261
February 12, 2016, 08:04:10 PM

Nobody adressing this ?
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
February 12, 2016, 06:35:28 PM
You definitly get listed here. Smiley

https://hitbtc.com/

I like the website, seems professional and only a few coins on it.
Activity: 522
February 12, 2016, 04:35:35 PM
Have the devs made any moves to get this listed on exchanges other than Poloniex?

Although Poloniex is good it has had some severe issues over the past few days (taking a minute+ to load, which multiple users seem to be experiencing).

Even once they've resolved those issues, it'd be good to see the coin on a few different exchanges in the name of decentralization. If you need votes or support, please let me (and I hope us) know so we can extend a hand to help.

Which exchanges did you have in mind? Seems there are fewer and fewer these days. On the one hand, its good to have one exchange with a lot of volume. But, having a couple of exchanges in case Polo drops dead is a good idea too.

I have contacted exchanges in the past, but they never respond. I guess most of them expect you to give them a nice offer and they'll list your currency that way. Bittrex has like 190+ coins listed (among them many scams), but not Siacoin. Make your own conclusions. I'm not even sure I would want Sia listed on such an exchange...

Rather than getting listed Sia on every exchange, I think the devs should resist getting listed on dodgy exchanges.

Right now, the only "exchange" I would consider a good match for Sia is ShapeShift and perhaps one of the 3 large Chinese exchanges.

I think that at least one other exchange would be a good idea.

I do honestly enjoy Poloniex and their customer support has always been nothing other than stellar in my experience. Its just that it'd be good to avoid a MtGox type of situation.

So on top of what Taek (spelling?) put on his roadmap, I'd say that at least one other major exchange should be a goal for this currency. Which specific exchange I can't tell you, but with the last 24h witnessing a volume of 1000BTC+ there should be a few options.

Only my 0.02$ towards this project, but I think at least a few other people could agree on it. Opening the idea up to other markets shouldn't be balked at, although I do agree that it would be pointless to try and list on the more unscrupulous exchanges.
legendary
February 12, 2016, 04:30:37 PM
I wonder what ever happened to OCMINER creating a pool on Suprnova?

He is probably making to much on eth, and expanse to bother with it........  Roll Eyes  lol
Activity: 247
February 12, 2016, 04:25:49 PM
Hi Guys,

Activity: 247
February 12, 2016, 04:22:47 PM
Have the devs made any moves to get this listed on exchanges other than Poloniex?

Although Poloniex is good it has had some severe issues over the past few days (taking a minute+ to load, which multiple users seem to be experiencing).

Even once they've resolved those issues, it'd be good to see the coin on a few different exchanges in the name of decentralization. If you need votes or support, please let me (and I hope us) know so we can extend a hand to help.

Which exchanges did you have in mind? Seems there are fewer and fewer these days. On the one hand, its good to have one exchange with a lot of volume. But, having a couple of exchanges in case Polo drops dead is a good idea too.

I have contacted exchanges in the past, but they never respond. I guess most of them expect you to give them a nice offer and they'll list your currency that way. Bittrex has like 190+ coins listed (among them many scams), but not Siacoin. Make your own conclusions. I'm not even sure I would want Sia listed on such an exchange...

Rather than getting listed Sia on every exchange, I think the devs should resist getting listed on dodgy exchanges.

Right now, the only "exchange" I would consider a good match for Sia is ShapeShift and perhaps one of the 3 large Chinese exchanges.
Activity: 522
February 12, 2016, 03:48:10 PM

Activity: 261
February 12, 2016, 02:59:40 PM

Jump to: