Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 354. (Read 1382191 times)

Activity: 146
Merit: 10
February 12, 2016, 02:10:36 PM
A very long time did not launch Sia. Wallet 0.3.3.3
Now it is not synchronized. I tried to export to 0.5.1, but requires a password. When you first start 0.3.3.3 wallet password is not specified. Where can I take it to access your coins?
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
February 12, 2016, 01:56:53 PM
And there they are going with the FUD!
(Can't work out something else?)

Tried it in on both my win 32 bit pc, and other blockchains like BTC and EMC works fine!
These errors I get are real, but again this is the only way people like you react.
I am fine with it!

It is a legitimate and known error that should be fixed in the next Verdon.  It's the error about path being too long?

Yo have to extract the zip by actually clicking the extract button then putting it on your C drive, if you try to drag and drop or open from the zip it will faiil.
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
February 12, 2016, 01:54:54 PM
And there they are going with the FUD!
(Can't work out something else?)

Tried it in on both my win 32 bit pc, and other blockchains like BTC and EMC works fine!
These errors I get are real, but again this is the only way people like you react.
I am fine with it!
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
February 12, 2016, 01:49:03 PM
Hi Guys,

Well, just tried to unpack and install Sia-UI-win32-ia32.zip, but I get a -lots- of errors (?)
Also the .exe is corrupted (?)
Tried it 3 times over, but only the same errors

I am sorry, but I am out!

this FUD comes stupid and naive.

everyone can try installation now.

it works perfectly even as a beta one.
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
February 12, 2016, 01:44:59 PM
Hi Guys,

Well, just tried to unpack and install Sia-UI-win32-ia32.zip, but I get a -lots- of errors (?)
Also the .exe is corrupted (?)
Tried it 3 times over, but only the same errors

I am sorry, but I am out!
legendary
February 12, 2016, 12:17:19 PM
it comes no surprise for its real world usage!
legendary
Activity: 1045
February 12, 2016, 11:06:45 AM
Hi guys.

Are we going to see Sia breaking 39 sat this time??
legendary
Activity: 2198
February 12, 2016, 10:51:20 AM
Lets hope so! Still got more coins to play with  Wink
Activity: 732
Merit: 500
February 12, 2016, 10:36:12 AM
missed the recent pump, hopefully some good retrace soon Smiley

Sia is going over 20sats next month! Main releases are coming!
Now that's the spirit!  Wink

hmm earlier Smiley
Well,,,, it did get over 20 sat lol, I just cashed some in to cover mining. Not sure what is driving this pump.... will be surprised if it goes much higher, for now anyways.

Ready to reinvest if levels back down again.  Wink

I still believe Sia will be one of the best investment coins as well as a storage tool, and its still just getting started.... Watch out  Smiley

I am not sure to sell anything before 50 sats.
Well, I felt the same way but have watched this since it was listed. I felt now was a good time to move some coin as I feel when this pump is over it will drop back, maybe not to 3 or 4 sat like it was but it will come down, so plan to buy up more when I think we see that next floor again. Just a hunch anyways lol

Market is verry unpredictable now.. In my view uptrend will continue for now.
legendary
February 12, 2016, 10:34:37 AM

Now that's the spirit!  Wink

hmm earlier Smiley
Well,,,, it did get over 20 sat lol, I just cashed some in to cover mining. Not sure what is driving this pump.... will be surprised if it goes much higher, for now anyways.

Ready to reinvest if levels back down again.  Wink

I still believe Sia will be one of the best investment coins as well as a storage tool, and its still just getting started.... Watch out  Smiley

Well, I felt the same way but have watched this since it was listed. I felt now was a good time to move some coin as I feel when this pump is over it will drop back, maybe not to 3 or 4 sat like it was but it will come down, so plan to buy up more when I think we see that next floor again. Just a hunch anyways lol
February 12, 2016, 10:06:27 AM

hmm earlier Smiley

I still believe Sia will be one of the best investment coins as well as a storage tool, and its still just getting started.... Watch out  Smiley

legendary
February 12, 2016, 09:28:01 AM

hmm earlier Smiley

February 12, 2016, 08:44:48 AM

hmm earlier Smiley
legendary
February 12, 2016, 07:22:00 AM
devs are keeping coding  Grin

most SIA fans are active on Slack.

We need more enthusiasm here also.
legendary
February 12, 2016, 07:19:23 AM
Sia seems to get more attention in Poloniex now Tongue really good advertisment. After people realize the impact Siacoin will take on Cloud Storage (Airbnb) style.

this will be a real innovation in near future.

can't wait the release.

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
February 12, 2016, 06:30:36 AM
Sia seems to get more attention in Poloniex now Tongue really good advertisment. After people realize the impact Siacoin will take on Cloud Storage (Airbnb) style.

legendary
February 12, 2016, 05:24:57 AM

But back to my wallet. It's still stuck on block 36,322. Anybody know what I can do to sync it properly  Huh Huh Huh

lock your wallet and wait till synced.

I am also frustrated at first. but actually all need is a little patience for new users. it won't take few fours.
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
This industry is pure fiction
February 12, 2016, 04:41:56 AM
Have tried to sync the blockchain for the last 2 days without success. Both attempts get stuck around the 35,000 block height with the first attempt creating a consensus.db 1BG in size whilst the current attempt has it at a little over 500MB. Not sure why there is such a difference. Can someone here provide a download of their consensus.db file close to the current block height of 36,556?

Thanks

Here is a consensus.db at height 36,322 that got posted in slack the other day, http://pixeldra.in/u/Z8tVCE
Hi everyone

I download latest wallet v0.5.1-beta and it got stuck during sync. I downloaded that consensus.db and put into correct folder but it is just stuck at height 36,322

Any ideas to get me past this?
I'm a big dreamer. When I think of Sia I see a massive facility full of storage, humming away, making money for whoever owns the company (like Amazon cloud storage). In the control room Sia consoles monitor the massive arrays and the profit being made.

But back to my wallet. It's still stuck on block 36,322. Anybody know what I can do to sync it properly  Huh Huh Huh

legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
February 12, 2016, 03:20:25 AM
Also, please forgive the noobiness but how is Sia different from MaidSafe?
MaidSafe has much more ambitious aims. Sia aims to cover one thing (decentralized file storage), and to do it great at a great price.

Sia currently works. MaidSafe does not.

I tend to believe the markets can support both, enough purchasing power floating around. Which kind of technology later onwards establishes the new frontier, nobody knows.
However I am slightly peeved about Maid's slow progress.
legendary
February 12, 2016, 02:36:48 AM
good to sia getting some love ... just topped 1M marketcap with 300k USD volume ... congrats to Taek & co Smiley

maybe we need more media exposure.
Jump to: