Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 349. (Read 1382191 times)

Activity: 469
Merit: 250
February 25, 2016, 08:11:24 PM
not getting a invite to slack too

What Email provider are you using? There have been new people joining recently and I just tested with a second email which received it no problem.

Any news about a pool ?

I just started working on a basic one 2 days ago
hotmail
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
February 25, 2016, 07:54:50 PM

What Email provider are you using? There have been new people joining recently and I just tested with a second email which received it no problem.

Any news about a pool ?

I just started working on a basic one 2 days ago
Activity: 469
February 25, 2016, 06:03:05 PM
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
February 25, 2016, 03:16:01 PM
Any news about a pool ?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
February 25, 2016, 12:41:20 PM
every community that moves off here to slack only mostly dies.

lol  

SIA is exceptional.

theck  SIA.TECH  forum, you will find interesting staff.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 25, 2016, 10:14:15 AM
every community that moves off here to slack only mostly dies.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018
February 25, 2016, 02:59:07 AM
trying to join slack but dont get that email invite

confirmed. I don't get the invite either ...
Activity: 56
February 24, 2016, 11:47:03 PM
how much can you earn per day with if you always bid low to get usage on your machines?

10 laptops i5 8 gig ram attaching 5TB external drive to each with only 6MBs upload total speed?

how much resources you need really on each laptop...how about 4gigs ram?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
February 23, 2016, 06:03:04 AM
trying to join slack but dont get that email invite
Activity: 247
February 21, 2016, 06:14:21 PM
Trading volumes declined.
What do you think, what will be the course in March?

Up, up and UP!
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
February 21, 2016, 11:20:21 AM

I am not an expert., unfortunately. But with the new release and maybe some new money put in the company....i expect a big boom in March! Cool
Activity: 98
February 21, 2016, 11:02:51 AM
need help. which version of wallet should i use? ty
ttx
Activity: 150
Merit: 101
February 21, 2016, 09:34:34 AM

Activity: 33
February 16, 2016, 12:11:04 PM
It's nice to see the price going up on SC, and somewhat holding well above the single digit satashi it had been at for so long. Hopefully they get an upgraded wallet out soon, and it makes the price go up more!

Working on it  Smiley

I'm seeing a lot of questions here, but the material is too dense for me to follow and I'm not sure what's been addressed and what hasn't. You are more likely to get your question answered if you post on the forum: https://forum.sia.tech - the major reason is that we can spread things out by topic, instead of having this constant stream where things are getting asked and answered many times but continually buried underneath all the new posts.

Bitcointalk threads are by essence "announce only" threads, it's only logical that discussions take place on the forum or slack Smiley (and you keep the bitcointalk thread for updates)

We should all direct people to either the Forum (preferable) or Slack.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
February 16, 2016, 11:17:06 AM
It's nice to see the price going up on SC, and somewhat holding well above the single digit satashi it had been at for so long. Hopefully they get an upgraded wallet out soon, and it makes the price go up more!

Working on it  Smiley

I'm seeing a lot of questions here, but the material is too dense for me to follow and I'm not sure what's been addressed and what hasn't. You are more likely to get your question answered if you post on the forum: https://forum.sia.tech - the major reason is that we can spread things out by topic, instead of having this constant stream where things are getting asked and answered many times but continually buried underneath all the new posts.

Bitcointalk threads are by essence "announce only" threads, it's only logical that discussions take place on the forum or slack Smiley (and you keep the bitcointalk thread for updates)
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
February 16, 2016, 10:49:16 AM

Working on it  Smiley

Activity: 109
February 16, 2016, 09:47:06 AM
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
February 16, 2016, 09:35:11 AM

On the other hand, I'm hoping Sia will prove to be the exact opposite of that, but I'm hard to convince.  Still, I want to give it a fair shake and appraisal.  Thanks belong to one of your mods for visiting /r/monero (the home of our privacy-centric currency) and spending a few minutes pitching it to us: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/45u6gs/what_other_cryptoprojects_should_we_be_taking/d00cczl 

The best way to have confidence in this project is to read what Taek says about it and look at their constant work

The recent talk between Taek and Shawn from storj is a really interesting one to read : http://forum.sia.tech/topic/21/sia-vs-storj-vs-maidsafe/10
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018
February 16, 2016, 05:12:19 AM

What's your take on VNL?

It's a scam with a provably corrupt distribution and a laughably jumbled zombie-rex codebase, stolen from other projects.  

Stay away and don't even waste your precious time looking into it.  

hahahahaha!!!  Grin Thanks! I sort of suspected this! Just goes to show how stupid and immature crypto markets still are!
I wonder if this is all pump or if there are still suckers around that fall for such crap!
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
February 16, 2016, 03:54:42 AM

The block reward started at 300k with the first block and is (300k-height, it drops by 1 coin every new block) until block 270,000 when it then levels off at 30k for eternity.

Here's an old spreadsheet of block rewards to a graph, it's a little slow in the browser though. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-SZfDFbw1N3sXtlBVOwm015GYtM3aqdJbSsPZWmY0w/edit?usp=sharing

So according to that, in July 2020 there will be approximately 45 billion Sia in 'circulation'?  Just curious how much one would have to own to have a significant stake in the Sia network.  Thank you for the very informative spreadsheet.

The dates on that spreadsheet are already a little off (we are ~6k blocks behind the theoretical schedule) but yea, there is going to be a lot of coins. Current circulation is ~10.47 billion. http://explore.sia.tech/
Jump to: