Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 360. (Read 1382191 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
January 31, 2016, 06:57:15 PM
I have received several contracts over the past few days. As it currently stands, I have 288 contracts for 5.04GB. I am showed the amount to be earned, however, nothing has actually been earned, as its still at 0. How long does it take to actually start receiving the coins? Again i've had contracts for several days now, I figured some would have started trickling in by now.

You only receive the coins when the file contracts expire. Renters pay when they upload, but hosts only get paid if they store the file for the agreed amount of time.

The default period is 6,000 blocks I think, which is about 6 weeks. So, you should start seeing coins transferring to your wallet about 6 weeks after you first started hosting files.

Renters that upload through the API are free to set their own contract period (I have mine default to 2,000 blocks, which is about 2 weeks).

The important thing as a host is to remember to keep your host turned on. If renters cannot verify you still have the files at the end of the contract period (because your machine is turned off), you will not receive the coins! In that case, the coins are refunded to the renter. Oh, and keep your wallet unlocked too!
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
January 31, 2016, 06:50:42 PM
I have received several contracts over the past few days. As it currently stands, I have 288 contracts for 5.04GB. I am showed the amount to be earned, however, nothing has actually been earned, as its still at 0. How long does it take to actually start receiving the coins? Again i've had contracts for several days now, I figured some would have started trickling in by now.
Activity: 690
Merit: 500
January 31, 2016, 06:26:28 PM
Is a public IP required to be a host for files?

Yes, you are identified on the network by your IP and it should be static too. If you change your IP, uploaders won't be able to confirm file contracts later and you will not be paid for used storage. Alternatively, use DynDNS and announce your host with a domain name.

Taek mention on Slack recently this may change in the future.
Arrgghhh, I didnt realise that... Cant you just use the wallet address as the identifier?

The developers have a plan for how to identify hosts. But for now, its all based on your IP which ideally should not change if you're a host.
I have a problem, I use a Synology DDNS (it's free) but my router can't accept that (Lynksys ea6900).  Is there a way to configure the sia app with the Synology DDNS, if not I have to stop hosting until there is a Synology app or until hosting doesn't need a static IP.

Not sure if I follow. Does the DDNS work for your Synology box? If so, I assume the IP is the same for the Synology box and the computer running Sia. Or, the Synology DDNS does not work at all, even for your Synology box?

As far as I know you must have a public IP for the DDNS to work anyway. DDNS is just a workaround for a non-static public IP so that your host can be accessed by URL.
January 31, 2016, 06:12:21 PM

Yes, you are identified on the network by your IP and it should be static too. If you change your IP, uploaders won't be able to confirm file contracts later and you will not be paid for used storage. Alternatively, use DynDNS and announce your host with a domain name.

Arrgghhh, I didnt realise that... Cant you just use the wallet address as the identifier?

The developers have a plan for how to identify hosts. But for now, its all based on your IP which ideally should not change if you're a host.
I have a problem, I use a Synology DDNS (it's free) but my router can't accept that (Lynksys ea6900).  Is there a way to configure the sia app with the Synology DDNS, if not I have to stop hosting until there is a Synology app or until hosting doesn't need a static IP.

Not sure if I follow. Does the DDNS work for your Synology box? If so, I assume the IP is the same for the Synology box and the computer running Sia. Or, the Synology DDNS does not work at all, even for your Synology box?
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
January 31, 2016, 05:59:04 PM

January 31, 2016, 03:35:37 PM

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
January 31, 2016, 02:53:38 PM

can some one help me setup dynamic dns on my windows pc ? Cheesy

With my local ISP I had to call them and have them set a static IP address/port for the actual machine that would host. As in my case the ISP's router every 24 hours would reset all changes (if you could actually get into their box). Once done then The port stayed open. Keep in mind I had opened the ports on my personal router fine but that wasn't much help because it fed from their box so.... And it cost abut 10 bucks a month for static or Radius IP.
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
January 31, 2016, 02:42:37 PM
Here I can buy some

Sia coin?

Poloniex is the best place to buy siacoins, unless you are looking to spend more than about $1000. Then the best place is #trading in our slack. You can get an invite to our slack from https://slackin.sia.tech
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
January 31, 2016, 02:00:18 PM

can some one help me setup dynamic dns on my windows pc ? Cheesy
i have installed my siawallet on my disk i would like to set contracts to and it is syncing
i have also installed and setup an account and a hostname at no-ip and i am running the automatic DUC app to sync my ip to my domain name

am i ready to go once the wallet syncs and setup contracts?

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
January 31, 2016, 01:44:43 PM

January 31, 2016, 11:28:53 AM
The block explorer seems to be down.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
January 31, 2016, 06:57:19 AM
Here I can buy some

Sia coin?
January 30, 2016, 09:25:25 PM

January 30, 2016, 07:52:45 PM
January 30, 2016, 03:24:20 PM
I want to briefly mention that we've got a more full-featured forum at https://forum.sia.tech

If you've got questions that aren't getting answered or in general don't fit the flow of this thread, you should make a topic there. There are a couple overlapping conversations here that make it hard to be sure every question is getting answered.

Taek: It might be an idea to put in Big Letters in the header post of this thread that there is an official forum elsewhere. The Forum also notifies the Slack members so answers will be answered sooner as well.
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
January 30, 2016, 01:20:53 PM
I want to briefly mention that we've got a more full-featured forum at https://forum.sia.tech

If you've got questions that aren't getting answered or in general don't fit the flow of this thread, you should make a topic there. There are a couple overlapping conversations here that make it hard to be sure every question is getting answered.
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
January 30, 2016, 12:42:57 PM
What's the hasrate for 750ti, gtx 960, gtx 970 ?
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
January 30, 2016, 02:48:10 AM
Some really good questions and answers in here lately  Smiley

Got the new version up and running. All seems good.  Wink
January 29, 2016, 08:20:31 PM
GNOME-Shell extension updated for Sia 0.5.1

https://github.com/pmknutsen/gnome-shell-sia

Sia v 0.5.x is now supported (note that support for 0.4x has been dropped due to changes in the API routes).

Automated backup now works a little better too, and the statistics in the drop-down menu have received a small overhaul.
January 29, 2016, 08:01:45 PM
This service sends the Sia to me or the hosts? http://nethut.no/page/cart?action=update&item=&id=20384&qty=1

I am affiliated with that site. You will be contacted and Siacoins sent to your wallet address. If you buy with bitcoins, it will be cheaper to buy on Poloniex, mind you.

Understood. How long does the process usually take?

24 hours or less.
Jump to: