Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 404. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
September 07, 2015, 03:42:40 PM
new noob need help on sia is there a step by step tutorials so that i can try in windows 8.1 64bit? bought sia few days ago at polo.
i download the GUI and Client but no luck i don't know the command.
any help appreciated. thank you.
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
September 07, 2015, 03:09:08 PM
EDIT: About the 15 word password, do we maintain the spaces between the words (when/if typing words into the password box) when used?

yes, you need to put in the phrase exactly as it was given to you.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
September 07, 2015, 02:53:31 PM
After letting wallet fully update, I went to wallet says encrypted, clicked on that and the password info box opened with explanation of writing down pass etc. and it also presented a group of words (15) In the lower half of that box, which I assume would have been my password. So I copied and pasted it. Then took that same password and tried to entering to the NEW login password box, and get the message "wrong password"

So I am assuming as Taek explained it should have been given at the start or launch of the wallet on first boot. Ok, just putting this out there.

Will delete SIA-UI program folder and wait, and reinstall later with fix.

Note: Even after closing out the SIA wallet, SIAD was still running in the background... killed it from task manager. Otherwise it prevented me from opening 0.3.3.3 as normal.  Wink

EDIT: About the 15 word password, do we maintain the spaces between the words (when/if typing words into the password box) when used?
September 07, 2015, 01:31:26 PM

taek ...

mine did exactly the same thing ... no password and even when the wallet.json file was deleted and the wallet reopened - no password shown ...

im hd - so screen res is not the issue ...

#crysx

Ok. Can you provide screenshots of the process? It will help us fix it.

Just launched my Sia-Ui for the first time, opened right up and updating blocks sitting at 1662... But along the way I have not see a wallet password of any sort. yet,,,, no scroll bar needed either. W7 64

Ok. Seems like a lot of people are having this problem. We'll fix it asap.

y0 T-man exciting stuffs, but it did not give me any password either (not even after when I deleted wallet) and guess what... The mining is still broken for v4 as I reported earlier on slack

But hey progress is progress !!! Take it easy don't burn out  Wink You have done wonders here

More info about the mining? Mining is working fine for me  Tongue

You have to download the entire blockchain before you can unlock the wallet, and you have to unlock the wallet before you can mine.

If you've done all that, I would like to know which miner you are using, what OS, how many instances of 'siad' you are running on your network, how many gpus you have, and what errors you are getting. Basically as much information as seems relevant.
Activity: 597
Merit: 504
September 07, 2015, 01:22:43 PM

OK, it's not a big issue, but I didn't set any password to my wallet, now it's locked, and I have no idea which password to enter.

The first time you opened the wallet it gave you a password and told you to write it down. If you didn't grab it then, the only way to get it back is to stop siad, delete the wallet.json file, then start again.

You're not the only person who didn't get the password on the first try, we'll have to change it so that you can keep asking for the password until the first time you unlock the wallet (which requires the password). That at least guarantees that users realized there was a password before closing the window.

y0 T-man exciting stuffs, but it did not give me any password either (not even after when I deleted wallet) and guess what... The mining is still broken for v4 as I reported earlier on slack

But hey progress is progress !!! Take it easy don't burn out  Wink You have done wonders here
legendary
September 07, 2015, 01:14:13 PM
Kicking myself in the butt for not buying more SIAcoin while at 10-11  Cry  I knew it would come back lol
legendary
September 07, 2015, 12:56:57 PM
Just launched my Sia-Ui for the first time, opened right up and updating blocks sitting at 1662... But along the way I have not see a wallet password of any sort. yet,,,, no scroll bar needed either. W7 64
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
September 07, 2015, 12:41:29 PM
Hmm maybe I missed that, but I didn't seen any password that wallet should gave me, there was just some disclaimer about passwords.
And now, I deleted json wallet, killed siad process manually and this is all what wallet is saying, no password at all.
http://imgur.com/khyyH7m

Oh.   Sad

What is your screen resolution? We forgot to add a scrollbar, so you can't see the password on small screens  Undecided

We'll  try to have a fix out in the next few days. Sorry for the inconvenience.

taek ...

mine did exactly the same thing ... no password and even when the wallet.json file was deleted and the wallet reopened - no password shown ...

im hd - so screen res is not the issue ...

#crysx
September 07, 2015, 12:17:08 PM
Hmm maybe I missed that, but I didn't seen any password that wallet should gave me, there was just some disclaimer about passwords.
And now, I deleted json wallet, killed siad process manually and this is all what wallet is saying, no password at all.

Oh.   Sad

What is your screen resolution? We forgot to add a scrollbar, so you can't see the password on small screens  Undecided

We'll  try to have a fix out in the next few days. Sorry for the inconvenience.
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
September 07, 2015, 12:14:36 PM

OK, it's not a big issue, but I didn't set any password to my wallet, now it's locked, and I have no idea which password to enter.

The first time you opened the wallet it gave you a password and told you to write it down. If you didn't grab it then, the only way to get it back is to stop siad, delete the wallet.json file, then start again.

You're not the only person who didn't get the password on the first try, we'll have to change it so that you can keep asking for the password until the first time you unlock the wallet (which requires the password). That at least guarantees that users realized there was a password before closing the window.

September 07, 2015, 11:48:49 AM

legendary
September 07, 2015, 11:45:11 AM
Downloaded new GUI Wallet, it's looking fine, but in the about column I see: Sia UI version: 0.4.0, Sia version: 0.4.0

Yeah we forgot to bump the version numbers. We'll fix it tomorrow (we're taking it easy today - long week).

September 07, 2015, 11:39:34 AM
Downloaded new GUI Wallet, it's looking fine, but in the about column I see: Sia UI version: 0.4.0, Sia version: 0.4.0

Yeah we forgot to bump the version numbers. We'll fix it tomorrow (we're taking it easy today - long week).
Activity: 1
September 07, 2015, 10:51:44 AM
Just downloaded the new GUI client it seems pretty fluid at the moment
legendary
September 07, 2015, 10:49:10 AM
Activity: 21
September 07, 2015, 09:46:51 AM
Wow, good job.
Nice to see new wallet with this market movement.
legendary
Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036
September 07, 2015, 08:29:34 AM
Alright, 0.4.1 is ready, both the CLI and the GUI.

CLI: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/releases/tag/v0.4.1-beta

GUI: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/tag/v0.4.1

3 important things:

- If you unlock the wallet before the blockchain finishes downloading (you can compare to the height at explore.siacoin.com), the program will slow down substantially and may appear like it is frozen. Until we fix this issue, it's best to wait to unlock your wallet until the blockchain is fully downloaded. Depending on your computer, this will take between 20 minutes and 9 hours (it's much faster on SSDs).

- You can now import legacy wallets (only after wallet is unlocked), but your new coins will not show up until after you restart siad.

- Starting Sia can take a while. For some people it's just a few seconds, but for others it's several minutes.

If you wish to import a legacy wallet:

1. Download 'Sia' and let it fetch the whole blockchain.

2. Unlock the wallet (before you unlock the wallet the first time, you need to initialize it. In the GUI, initialization is automatic. In the CLI, you can do `./siac wallet init`)

3. Load the legacy wallet. (in the GUI, there's a 'load legacy wallet' button. In the CLI, you can use `./siac wallet load 033x [filename]`)

4. after the wallet has loaded, you must restart 'siad' for the coins to show up You can stop siad by running `./siac stop`, or by killing the process from the task manager.
Good news Taek. Thank you!
legendary
September 07, 2015, 08:09:03 AM
Alright, 0.4.1 is ready, both the CLI and the GUI.

3 important things:

- If you unlock the wallet before the blockchain finishes downloading (you can compare to the height at explore.siacoin.com), the program will slow down substantially and may appear like it is frozen. Until we fix this issue, it's best to wait to unlock your wallet until the blockchain is fully downloaded. Depending on your computer, this will take between 20 minutes and 9 hours (it's much faster on SSDs).

- You can now import legacy wallets (only after wallet is unlocked), but your new coins will not show up until after you restart siad.

- Starting Sia can take a while. For some people it's just a few seconds, but for others it's several minutes.

If you wish to import a legacy wallet:

1. Download 'Sia' and let it fetch the whole blockchain.

2. Unlock the wallet (before you unlock the wallet the first time, you need to initialize it. In the GUI, initialization is automatic. In the CLI, you can do `./siac wallet init`)

3. Load the legacy wallet. (in the GUI, there's a 'load legacy wallet' button. In the CLI, you can use `./siac wallet load 033x [filename]`)

4. after the wallet has loaded, you must restart 'siad' for the coins to show up You can stop siad by running `./siac stop`, or by killing the process from the task manager.

tanx taek ...

link to the latest please? ...

#crysx
Jump to: