Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 405. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501
September 07, 2015, 08:05:52 AM
Alright, 0.4.1 is ready, both the CLI and the GUI.

CLI: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/releases/tag/v0.4.1-beta

GUI: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/tag/v0.4.1

3 important things:

- If you unlock the wallet before the blockchain finishes downloading (you can compare to the height at explore.siacoin.com), the program will slow down substantially and may appear like it is frozen. Until we fix this issue, it's best to wait to unlock your wallet until the blockchain is fully downloaded. Depending on your computer, this will take between 20 minutes and 9 hours (it's much faster on SSDs).

- You can now import legacy wallets (only after wallet is unlocked), but your new coins will not show up until after you restart siad.

- Starting Sia can take a while. For some people it's just a few seconds, but for others it's several minutes.

If you wish to import a legacy wallet:

1. Download 'Sia' and let it fetch the whole blockchain.

2. Unlock the wallet (before you unlock the wallet the first time, you need to initialize it. In the GUI, initialization is automatic. In the CLI, you can do `./siac wallet init`)

3. Load the legacy wallet. (in the GUI, there's a 'load legacy wallet' button. In the CLI, you can use `./siac wallet load 033x [filename]`)

4. after the wallet has loaded, you must restart 'siad' for the coins to show up You can stop siad by running `./siac stop`, or by killing the process from the task manager.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
September 07, 2015, 05:42:42 AM
I want to buy some coins but i heard few days/weeks ago some people lost their coins in the wallet. Is this issue still present?

Not in 0.4.0, however there is no GUI available yet. It will be available tomorrow.

Awesome man, looking forward to it.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hyperspace snail
September 06, 2015, 06:07:48 PM
I want to buy some coins but i heard few days/weeks ago some people lost their coins in the wallet. Is this issue still present?

Not in 0.4.0, however there is no GUI available yet. It will be available tomorrow.
Good luck with the release!
September 06, 2015, 04:03:15 PM

Activity: 301
Merit: 250
September 06, 2015, 10:32:18 AM

I think if people usually back up their wallets , it is impossible to loose their amounts..

I refer to this:

Need this to be solved before the fork.
I have 2 wallet.dat files (on 2 pcs) with total of ~2.25m sia which havent been moved from the addresses that the client see (in wallet tab)

but the client shows 0 balance on both, how do I get those sia out ?

here is one of the addresses - a7ebfbf2dab4ab9255aba6846c6b504edf0a6f6990417c9ee8de5fe1b86e77c6c06bd219f671

And as i know it wasn´t the only one but too lazy for more searching Smiley

That bug is fixed. It's suggested however to wait for the next gui release to transfer your sia to the new version. According to what I read here it should be released tomorrow.

legendary
Activity: 1310
September 06, 2015, 09:17:03 AM

I think if people usually back up their wallets , it is impossible to loose their amounts..

I refer to this:

Need this to be solved before the fork.
I have 2 wallet.dat files (on 2 pcs) with total of ~2.25m sia which havent been moved from the addresses that the client see (in wallet tab)

but the client shows 0 balance on both, how do I get those sia out ?

here is one of the addresses - a7ebfbf2dab4ab9255aba6846c6b504edf0a6f6990417c9ee8de5fe1b86e77c6c06bd219f671

And as i know it wasn´t the only one but too lazy for more searching Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
September 06, 2015, 09:11:36 AM

legendary
Activity: 1310
September 06, 2015, 08:54:46 AM
September 06, 2015, 08:50:52 AM
will be waiting for this released on monday and hopefully it will give a good effect on the trading values at the exchange. Any Marketing Campaign being implemented for Sia?

There is a marketing campaign in place, though we're waiting for the new website to be finished before kicking it off.

Are there mining pools already?

Mining pools are going to be delayed until there are people actively uploading to the network, we're going to be focused on developing things that enable that in the meantime.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
September 06, 2015, 07:43:19 AM
Would be good to spread some good news, and informations about SIA before monday wallet release
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
September 06, 2015, 06:38:35 AM
Are there mining pools already?
legendary
Activity: 1764
September 06, 2015, 04:35:00 AM
how soon will be released 0.4.1?

Monday at the latest.

will be waiting for this released on monday and hopefully it will give a good effect on the trading values at the exchange. Any Marketing Campaign being implemented for Sia?
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
September 05, 2015, 08:55:40 PM
question: should "siac miner status" return the total blocks mined or just the number of blocks found by the current running instance of a running miner? from my own experience it seems to be the latter as my current output shows 0 and 0 stales. however, my one block i mined 5 days ago finally showed up in my wallet balance after I gave up waiting for it to confirm 2 days ago and especially after running the miner status command a few times after I had to restart my pc and hence wallet. it went from showing 1 mined block to 0.

If you restart SIA it forgets you mined the block so you just have to wait the 144 blocks before it shows up in your wallet.

If you haven't restarted SIA the command will show you the # of blocks mined along with the # of stales.

thanks. i'd imagine the cli will eventually be updated to return the correct number of coins mined. this misreporting did stop me from mining thinking it was a bug or problem on my end. i might give it another go though, as a miner i'd like more information about difficulty, current block times and #mined blocks so i can weigh up whether i should mine or just buy my siacoins.
Activity: 43
September 05, 2015, 11:57:37 AM
question: should "siac miner status" return the total blocks mined or just the number of blocks found by the current running instance of a running miner? from my own experience it seems to be the latter as my current output shows 0 and 0 stales. however, my one block i mined 5 days ago finally showed up in my wallet balance after I gave up waiting for it to confirm 2 days ago and especially after running the miner status command a few times after I had to restart my pc and hence wallet. it went from showing 1 mined block to 0.

If you restart SIA it forgets you mined the block so you just have to wait the 144 blocks before it shows up in your wallet.

If you haven't restarted SIA the command will show you the # of blocks mined along with the # of stales.
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
September 05, 2015, 11:46:12 AM
legendary
Activity: 2198
September 05, 2015, 10:13:45 AM
wtf, why Blockchain Height now is 16209? its ~20 blocks UP at 24 hours.
where is other 124 blocks?

The difficulty went up, the price fell, and all the miners left. Now blocks are being mined very slowly.

When we get to height 16500, the difficult will drop again and some of the miners should come back.

In the meantime, it would really help if you guys kept mining so we can get through the next 300 blocks as soon as possible. Otherwise it's going to take a week or so.
Ya, when its cheaper to buy then to mine, always see the hash drop. Only temporary I'm sure.

I may fire up a miner or 2 to help, but everyone should at least turn on 1 miner to get through the next 300.

I suppose in this situation now, a pool would definitely pull hash rate back up.  Grin hard to balance priority's though as we understand.  Wink

September 05, 2015, 09:27:41 AM

The difficulty went up, the price fell, and all the miners left. Now blocks are being mined very slowly.

When we get to height 16500, the difficult will drop again and some of the miners should come back.

In the meantime, it would really help if you guys kept mining so we can get through the next 300 blocks as soon as possible. Otherwise it's going to take a week or so.
Activity: 31
September 05, 2015, 09:03:35 AM
September 05, 2015, 08:24:50 AM
Wow that soon!

The SIA wallet still is considered portable .. is that correct? now and in 0.4.1 as well?

yep, still portable in the same way as 0.3.3.3
legendary
Activity: 2198
September 04, 2015, 07:13:38 PM
how soon will be released 0.4.1?

Monday at the latest.
Wow that soon!

The SIA wallet still is considered portable .. is that correct? now and in 0.4.1 as well?
Jump to: