Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 455. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
AKA jefdiesel
June 11, 2015, 09:57:41 AM
hey guys..

Mining is not the point of this coin. Sure its a rush, and there is some money to be made, but it appears that the devs are building a complicated system with file transfers, security, taxation, and self funding mining.

Some coins aim for fair distro, so as to create the illusion that whales are not pumping and laughing all the way to the bank. This is not a new coin, its a new tech.

So, while some professional miners might be raking in the Sia's, don't get stressed out if your system won't mine. Check out Sia for its serious technology and its enterprise goals.
 If you want to get on board, start asking about Siafunds. That's where the future is.
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
June 11, 2015, 09:50:37 AM
My God!I just downloaded new 0.3.3.1 UI wallet and launched it,and...My coins are gone...Is there something to do,or I can forget about them?

They are in the folder where your older wallet is. Run that wallet and your coins will be there.
Thanks!

Can someone share pastebin configuration for radeon HD 7950?There is no fun with mining,because some people are runing miners with 800 MH/s for one card,and people,who have no knowledge like me are mining with 100 MH/s.I don't see fair distribution of coins...

I run win.64
With only 1.5 year of experience in crypto, I no longer believe fair distribution of coins exists for real.
On the other hand, there are some less unfair than others.
Sia is not too bad in this area to my opinion (and I still can't mine with my nvidia setup on windows due to opencl platform id bug; I have managed to mine 1 block with my cpu).
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
June 11, 2015, 09:47:26 AM
I don't see fair distribution of coins...

Miner with better equipment and smarter knowledge always gonna have advantage.

Sia is no about fair distribution. Its not meant as currency like doggycoin. Its use is for renting and providing decentralized trustless storage.
So go away with your fair distribution crap. Sia is more business.

Go away self from this thread.About 10 pages ago someone from developers said,what current miner is configurated to mine only on one gpu,and this must help with distribution of coins,but some skilled people are mining with all of their gpu's and 500-800 MH/s on single gpu.
Your words are crap,and looks like Sia is like 99% of cryptos just another scam,where devs are geting money for what they know,instead of what they do.There is no tutorial on how configurate current miner.

So...Fah Q!

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
June 11, 2015, 09:47:16 AM
Quote from: Taek
100MH/s is still enough to mine a block or so every day, but we're working on improving that rate.

If this 100mh is stable and working all cards in system..Devs, There is no need to chase for high hashrate, just give us stable miner with several gpu support for the first time.
PS: problem with 0xc000007b error doesnt solved for me
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 11, 2015, 09:45:20 AM
Sorry, i'm not up to date but my question is: are we are already able to do sth. with the siafunds?

Taek mentioned that by this Friday there will be an update on Siafunds.

yup
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
June 11, 2015, 09:30:38 AM
Sorry, i'm not up to date but my question is: are we are already able to do sth. with the siafunds?

Taek mentioned that by this Friday there will be an update on Siafunds.
Activity: 43
Merit: 30
June 11, 2015, 09:28:30 AM
I don't see fair distribution of coins...

Miner with better equipment and smarter knowledge always gonna have advantage.

Sia is no about fair distribution. Its not meant as currency like doggycoin. Its use is for renting and providing decentralized trustless storage.
So go away with your fair distribution crap. Sia is more business.
Activity: 437
June 11, 2015, 09:24:05 AM
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
June 11, 2015, 09:01:07 AM
so where i can find the version 0.3.3.1 gui wallet ?

i onliy find the 0.3.3. beta gui wallet

on the official website - right down the bottom ...

http://www.siacoin.com/ ...

#crysx

The About tab on the new 0.3.3.1 wallet for some reason still says:

Sia UI version: 0.3.3 b372
Sia version: 0.3.3

As long as the folder you download says 0.3.3.1 you are on the new wallet.

probably a small oversight on taek's part - but it i the latest by the looks of it ...

version numbers are very important when it comes to validation that everyone is on the same page ...

taek - maybe that could be a fix with your next release? ...

#crysx

ack sorry, we'll fix that.

Can someone share pastebin configuration for radeon HD 7950?There is no fun with mining,because some people are runing miners with 800 MH/s for one card,and people,who have no knowledge like me are mining with 100 MH/s.I don't see fair distribution of coins...

I run win.64

We're doing our best to get everyone a halfway decent gpu implementation, but it shouldn't be much of a surprise that the professional altcoin miners have an advantage over anyone else. 100MH/s is still enough to mine a block or so every day, but we're working on improving that rate.
[/quote]

is there also a way of providing the best parameters to us with the miner also? ...

for both linux and windows? ...

tanx ...

#crysx
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 11, 2015, 08:56:08 AM

#crysx

probably a small oversight on taek's part - but it i the latest by the looks of it ...

version numbers are very important when it comes to validation that everyone is on the same page ...

#crysx

ack sorry, we'll fix that.

[/quote]

I run win.64

We're doing our best to get everyone a halfway decent gpu implementation, but it shouldn't be much of a surprise that the professional altcoin miners have an advantage over anyone else. 100MH/s is still enough to mine a block or so every day, but we're working on improving that rate.
June 11, 2015, 04:41:36 AM
My God!I just downloaded new 0.3.3.1 UI wallet and launched it,and...My coins are gone...Is there something to do,or I can forget about them?

They are in the folder where your older wallet is. Run that wallet and your coins will be there.
Thanks!

I run win.64
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
June 11, 2015, 04:34:09 AM

June 11, 2015, 04:30:00 AM
legendary
June 11, 2015, 04:00:27 AM

#crysx

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
June 11, 2015, 03:53:28 AM

#crysx

legendary
June 11, 2015, 03:22:46 AM

#crysx
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
June 11, 2015, 03:17:22 AM

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
June 11, 2015, 01:57:14 AM
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 11, 2015, 01:05:20 AM
Selling 20m = 20,000 KS = 20,000,000 sia for 5 btc (or 10m for 2,5 btc) - thats simply the price im willing to sell at - otherwise i just hold

pm me if your interested
Activity: 316
Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator
June 10, 2015, 11:18:33 PM

The wallet.dat file is in the same place. Did you keep your old wallet.dat? If you haven't run siad yet, none of the folders have been created - they don't exist until you run siad. (Sia UI will start siad if siad is not already running).

Yes although UI was starting and synced up for a long time many times I guess java was preventing siad from starting each time.
It was only recently that the java pop up asking to check the private and public connection thing came on. I guess it was delayed
before for some reason and of course siad wasn't running. Sol good now.
Jump to: