Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 451. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
June 12, 2015, 09:32:40 PM
I found a block today on an overclocked Asus GTX 970 (4GB memory). Running the newer miner with the -s 0.2 and -c 1 set it is reaching 450 MH/s.

When running this I noticed it only uses 70% GPU.  Of course I am not using a "custom coded" miner so for kicks launched the same instance 3 times and the collective hashrate looks higher than if I was running individually 250/244/72 MH for each. 566 MH/s total and GPU use goes to 90% I am not sure if this is more effective or not but will run overnight and see what happens.

HI guy
New bat file
Set up
Sia_GPU-Miner.exe -s 0.2 -c 1

Is that what?

Thank you
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
June 12, 2015, 05:21:42 PM
We're building a platform called 'Sunfish' which will make sharing and tagging files a lot easier. The early version of that will be ready in July.

Sunfish is going to be an open source file tracker, anybody is going to be able to run their own sunfish server, and the GUI will have support for pointing at custom sunfish instances.

Would it be possible to put sunfish into the wallet and build it using sia so it too is decentralized? Otherwise centralized file trackers could lead to possible censorship.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
June 12, 2015, 03:34:48 PM
The wallet should be in the home folder, as with all the other coins.
The program folder is another thing altogether.
This is true for most windows and Linux programs in general, and how all the OSes I know are structured.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 12, 2015, 03:31:56 PM
just uploaded a video that really inspired me

http://pastebin.com/UEeyFU9T
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
June 12, 2015, 02:53:23 PM
I like the wallet right where it is now Smiley

EDIT: Its the portable feature this way
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
June 12, 2015, 02:52:31 PM
Question:
Would you rather have the wallet go into your home (C:/Users/You/.hidden/Sia) folder, or do you like it with the executable? Either way we're going to be adding a siac call (and perhaps a memo to the 'about' page) that tells you where your wallet.dat file is being kept. The big advantage to putting the wallet.dat in the home folder is that you don't have to fret if you delete the folder with the executable, and you don't have to worry about losing it when you upgrade.

We can do it either way, I'm curious what you guys think is best. I'm personally leaning towards the home folder because I don't want people to lose their coins. (As an alternative, we could put a backup in the install folder, and keep the primary next to the executable)

I like the home folder option. With this option I don't need to worry about updating or losing my wallet or blockchain (assuming blockchain is there too) every time when updating the client. When blockchain gets bigger in the future, it could take long time to download.

The assumption is that you would update by running an updater, which wouldn't overwrite your wallet.dat or blockchain.
Still, it would be easy for an uninformed user to accidentally wipe out their wallet.dat.
I think automatically backing up the wallet.dat to another location is a good compromise.

(The advantage of keeping the wallet.dat alongside the executable is that it makes Sia completely portable).
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
June 12, 2015, 02:39:26 PM
Question:
Would you rather have the wallet go into your home (C:/Users/You/.hidden/Sia) folder, or do you like it with the executable? Either way we're going to be adding a siac call (and perhaps a memo to the 'about' page) that tells you where your wallet.dat file is being kept. The big advantage to putting the wallet.dat in the home folder is that you don't have to fret if you delete the folder with the executable, and you don't have to worry about losing it when you upgrade.

We can do it either way, I'm curious what you guys think is best. I'm personally leaning towards the home folder because I don't want people to lose their coins. (As an alternative, we could put a backup in the install folder, and keep the primary next to the executable)

I like the home folder option. With this option I don't need to worry about updating or losing my wallet or blockchain (assuming blockchain is there too) every time when updating the client. When blockchain gets bigger in the future, it could take long time to download.
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 12, 2015, 02:29:44 PM
I'm finding ~2 blocks per day @ 330 MH/s. Maybe I've been getting lucky.

I think the majority of the hashrate is from people who are mining using less than 1GH/s. Lots of people getting blocks here-and-there. Only a few people are pulling more than a handful of blocks a day, and I don't think they're getting more than 20 or 30 each (someone may confirm or deny this).

Question:

Activity: 289
June 12, 2015, 01:58:59 PM
I found a block today on an overclocked Asus GTX 970 (4GB memory). Running the newer miner with the -s 0.2 and -c 1 set it is reaching 450 MH/s.

When running this I noticed it only uses 70% GPU.  Of course I am not using a "custom coded" miner so for kicks launched the same instance 3 times and the collective hashrate looks higher than if I was running individually 250/244/72 MH for each. 566 MH/s total and GPU use goes to 90% I am not sure if this is more effective or not but will run overnight and see what happens.
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
June 12, 2015, 01:30:10 PM
Could someone share what are the chances hitting a block with 400MH/s
FYI,
after 2.5 days of mining on Radeons at 425 MH and NOT seeing anymore confirmed coins come in to any rigs after more than 24 hrs, I decided to shut 2 rigs down in my shed because of heat etc.. and electric bill!

Now this morning I got up and went out and turned on those 2 rigs to check wallet, only to find I HAD HIT a block on my 7950 miner, so Its back up and running lol.  Grin

I would say with Radeons, probably going to be lucky to hit a block per day  at your hashrate based on my experience.

I am dabbling with an old GeForce GT620, NVidia card I had lying around. Not sure if this card is capable of hashing or not? Anyone know if it will mine this coin?

PS: Note, the mining software all along had shown sometimes 2,500 blocks varies, mined at times on all machines,,, so I only really know I hit one 24 hours after the fact when I see a payout  Wink
So who is getting those blocks then? I can see blocks are keep coming as sia wallet suggests.Me too getting no blocks from like 2 days.........
425 MH/s from one card?
June 12, 2015, 01:17:54 PM
FYI,
after 2.5 days of mining on Radeons at 425 MH and NOT seeing anymore confirmed coins come in to any rigs after more than 24 hrs, I decided to shut 2 rigs down in my shed because of heat etc.. and electric bill!

Now this morning I got up and went out and turned on those 2 rigs to check wallet, only to find I HAD HIT a block on my 7950 miner, so Its back up and running lol.  Grin

I would say with Radeons, probably going to be lucky to hit a block per day  at your hashrate based on my experience.

I am dabbling with an old GeForce GT620, NVidia card I had lying around. Not sure if this card is capable of hashing or not? Anyone know if it will mine this coin?

PS: Note, the mining software all along had shown sometimes 2,500 blocks varies, mined at times on all machines,,, so I only really know I hit one 24 hours after the fact when I see a payout  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
June 12, 2015, 12:28:38 PM
So... how do you get more than 110mhs ?...   still a secret ?

Nvidia gtx 970 with latest posted miner in the thread , but I can confirm positive work when I hit a block...
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
June 12, 2015, 12:20:21 PM
So... how do you get more than 110mhs ?...   still a secret ?
legendary
quarkchain.io
June 12, 2015, 12:15:27 PM

At the moment I think you have decent odds. I found a block a few hours ago with 450 MH/s. I will be happy if 1/day keeps up.

Yeah , I have a rig and can use only one card of it , pleasures of mining... Smiley
Activity: 289
June 12, 2015, 12:11:45 PM

At the moment I think you have decent odds. I found a block a few hours ago with 450 MH/s. I will be happy if 1/day keeps up.
legendary
quarkchain.io
June 12, 2015, 12:06:52 PM
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
June 12, 2015, 11:14:42 AM
Why different addresses in sia wallet and checking http://127.0.0.1:9980/miner/status? Normally this?

When you view your wallet, it generates a new address that you can use to receive money. The wallet is able to generate new addresses on demand.
When the miner runs, it asks the wallet to generate a new address for it to "mine into." So even though the addresses are different, they both point to the same wallet.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
June 12, 2015, 11:00:21 AM
Why different addresses in sia wallet and checking http://127.0.0.1:9980/miner/status? Normally this?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
June 12, 2015, 10:57:19 AM
In addition to copy & paste being broken, GUI wallet on OSX showing "Estimated Price Per GB: 858993466.21141 KS"
Wallet copy and paste is not broke, if that what you are referring to?

On windows:
Use control-c to copy and control-v to paste when in wallet, when transferring Sia etc.

Not sure on osx

Yes my friend.  Does not work on OSX is what I said.
10-4

OSX is broke lol  Wink

For others with windows... its working.

Cool man.  Hope they fix it soon!
June 12, 2015, 10:56:33 AM
In addition to copy & paste being broken, GUI wallet on OSX showing "Estimated Price Per GB: 858993466.21141 KS"
Wallet copy and paste is not broke, if that what you are referring to?

On windows:
Use control-c to copy and control-v to paste when in wallet, when transferring Sia etc.

Not sure on osx

Yes my friend.  Does not work on OSX is what I said.
10-4

OSX is broke lol  Wink

For others with windows... its working.
Jump to: