Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 52. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 0
June 28, 2018, 11:42:59 AM

Hardfork!? Any other link to read more details about this, as in the one you provided is just stated that will be a fork. Thanks!

The Hyperspace team is forking the Sia codebase and will be generating ~3.5B Space Cash to be freely distributed to all Siacoin holders in order to encourage people to learn about and experiment with the Hyperspace network upon public launch.

https://hspace.app/airdrop
how will they distribute coins? this coin is on two trading exchanges. where no coins SIACOIN.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
June 28, 2018, 09:26:23 AM

Hardfork!? Any other link to read more details about this, as in the one you provided is just stated that will be a fork. Thanks!

The Hyperspace team is forking the Sia codebase and will be generating ~3.5B Space Cash to be freely distributed to all Siacoin holders in order to encourage people to learn about and experiment with the Hyperspace network upon public launch.

https://hspace.app/airdrop
Activity: 756
Merit: 579
June 28, 2018, 08:54:32 AM

Activity: 182
Merit: 7
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
June 27, 2018, 12:01:46 AM
Well, the whole Obelisk Sc-1 thing may pretty much be moot and a wash..this is what I get 1 month before the units supposedly ship...

This is your problem:

https://bitsonline.com/dragonmint-b52-blake2b-siacoin-miner/

that complicates it ..but generally...IF there is not a robust network for sia's vision in place to use these ASIC's then they will also be in a bad place

just a month or so behind...I just see no action on how they plan to compete against Amazon on their decentralized 10c to $1 Amazon giant....

deafening silence...thus looks to me like a crap load of ASIC's will hit...w/o any real purpose...and the price will tank also if their vision is 'postponed' or not

in place for the 'glut' as you point out of hash hitting on blake2b

you can't have it both ways...if price now is due to scarcity and also the anticipation of their vision..and the major investment of $$$  that people speculated

on with the ASIC's too boot...well it is step up of fail

or how I see it

on the other hand for what you paid for one of these puppies and what I paid for obelisks' last year with high priced BTC...as far as just holding crypto

wise we probably are even....just from that timing situation and last years price

i talked to one of the sia devs in europe for like 3 hours yesterday ~ we share the frustration with the current situation >> the aim is science whereas miners are trying to pay their bills instantly...we will have new updates inkoming * Wink  #BTI #SIACOIN #SIABERRIES

==>

https://markets.bisq.network/

https://freiexchange.com/market/BTI/BTC

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sc

well, I plan on mining and HODL mode...for the project...the catch is IF the electric is MORE than I can get from the project (assuming the decentralized network is up)

then things get difficult.

the solution, IF, all they need is a MODEST ASIC network, assuming there are too many out in the world that will turn on and complicate either Siatech folk's timeline

(ie not ready by the time the ASIC flood hits) the correct solution is to 'fork the coin' so only the original Obelisk's can run this token they need for their decentralized

network...you could still have it linked in value to siacoin..but could control such things as ASIC pump...supposedly Sia-Tech said they could fork with a mod in the

ASIC chip ...IF  Bitmain played games...well...now may be the time to panic and implement that now..

or again, just fork the works, siacoin, which as far as I can tell sia-tech has no speculative money in the game...goes its own way and Sia-Tech has a new coin/token

if/when they launch the decentralized network ..under those circumstances, I'd mine for a loss to get their network up on future need ..and this new coin having no value

to start (much like bitmain b-miner and their algo) ...but ....with sia coin already existing and a set value and all ASIC's going on as they arrive...and NO decentralized

network in place....well....IMHO, the only choice would be to fork ...you can't control the machines by other mnfg's out there...above and beyond you expected..you

can control the speculative price (lows) that was put on siacoin for scarcity..which hardly applies to your vision...and again, if you can't get the decentralized network up

this summer....with the above ..you lose even on that bit of control

likely, won't happen, would have made sense to happen when bitmain made units..now likely too late

but again, you can't have siacoin price as a speculative coin....with other mnfg's kicking units out like toasters on top of your own units and NOT get your decentralized

network up in time ...even if it is your own brand and complain

siacoin is either a method to keep track of decentralized storage using token/coin to validate and get this up at 10c on the $1 Amazon centralized method

or

siacoin is a speculative coin, based on scarcity like all other alt-coins...and will suffer the same fate as ASIC's bring to all speculative coins

so unless they fork, and/or have their network up to speed by the time they hit in 2 weeks they have the worst of both worlds and it all dies

again, price/value is one camp (the decentralized network) or the ASIC power will be used as folk have seen with other speculative coins

myself, I'd fork to the orig obelisk equipment, the other mnfg's made this equipment to get under sia-tech's umbrella and pump siacoin before the network

came out this summer...so hell, if that is why they made the 3rd party equipment ..screw them...fork...it is no different than what bitmain has done

playing games with the other 4 novelty protocol miners they have made and the devs forking the algo...

anyway, what I'd do...ASSUMING ....it always was a decentralized network thing and the ASIC's were there for control and security as stated

in the past and NOT due to the current speculative price of siacoin now....they are frigging screwed....but I'd fork and bet on the network ...siacoin price

would tank..but again, a choice to do NOTHING under the present circumstances is still a choice...thus back to the problem of a crapload of ASIC's and

no network...so pick your poison I guess

brad

p.s. I know they are not gonna fork..but honestly...can't see a better solution with the ASIC's hitting the world and price and IF they will not have the

decentralized network up to speed...as it is now I would make the following if my Obelisk miners showed up today:

I'd make NOW 40c a day with $1.68 in electric costs per day. This is 800gh at 500 watts Obelisk SC-1

again, just not gonna happen, likely by the time I get these up say starting 3rd week of July 2018 as a guess, they will not be worth taking out of the box.

so lots of bad choices..my bad choice is punt and fork..but again...not gonna happen...so in my case, stay in the box doorstops....(if you leave them

in the cardboard box, they make better doorstops and slide easier) (sob!) FML

my 2 siacoin view

Activity: 242
Merit: 100
June 26, 2018, 11:42:04 PM
do you  know if sia coin works similar to filecoin? like mining with hard drives?
I don't think can get profit from mine SIA with S3. Should I buy one?
Filecoin is the first ICO requires KYC from investors, right?
How about its developmental achievements about half a year (a bit longer) after its launch?
guys shoudl study filecoin... its the decentralized dropbox, you mine it via harddrives, not asics LOL
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
June 26, 2018, 11:32:49 PM
By using the Sia platform, all contributing contributions from the disk memory from their PCs to form a hierarchical network around the world. These memory is absolutely confidential. When customers need to use their documents, they are paid. Very meaningful in the real world.
Activity: 149
June 26, 2018, 11:20:20 PM
do you  know if sia coin works similar to filecoin? like mining with hard drives?
Filecoin is the first ICO requires KYC from investors, right?
How about its developmental achievements about half a year (a bit longer) after its launch?
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
June 26, 2018, 10:57:49 PM
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
June 26, 2018, 02:15:34 PM
Well, the whole Obelisk Sc-1 thing may pretty much be moot and a wash..this is what I get 1 month before the units supposedly ship...

This is your problem:

that complicates it ..but generally...IF there is not a robust network for sia's vision in place to use these ASIC's then they will also be in a bad place

just a month or so behind...I just see no action on how they plan to compete against Amazon on their decentralized 10c to $1 Amazon giant....

deafening silence...thus looks to me like a crap load of ASIC's will hit...w/o any real purpose...and the price will tank also if their vision is 'postponed' or not

you can't have it both ways...if price now is due to scarcity and also the anticipation of their vision..and the major investment of $$$  that people speculated

or how I see it

on the other hand for what you paid for one of these puppies and what I paid for obelisks' last year with high priced BTC...as far as just holding crypto

wise we probably are even....just from that timing situation and last years price

i talked to one of the sia devs in europe for like 3 hours yesterday ~ we share the frustration with the current situation >> the aim is science whereas miners are trying to pay their bills instantly...we will have new updates inkoming * Wink  #BTI #SIACOIN #SIABERRIES

==>

https://markets.bisq.network/

https://freiexchange.com/market/BTI/BTC

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sc
June 25, 2018, 06:19:20 PM
Ok,if this is an update for blockfolio signal I am an unicorn eating skittles and pissing rainbow...

“Check out SiaPlugins.com, an amazing new community project! Install plugins directly into the Sia-UI desktop app. Official Links, SiaSetup.info, and Dark Mode are all available to download now.”

I think the community is waiting for the cloud storage, please, do it asap

Activity: 29
Merit: 1
June 25, 2018, 05:20:34 PM
Hey guys, you've started back in 2014, have you managed to succeed?
Activity: 108
June 25, 2018, 05:05:24 PM
a big problem with purses !!! the time of translation is great. and it all leads to bad publicity.
copper member
Clueless!
June 25, 2018, 01:26:05 PM

This is your problem:

you can't have it both ways...if price now is due to scarcity and also the anticipation of their vision..and the major investment of $$$  that people speculated

or how I see it

Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
June 25, 2018, 04:36:16 AM

This is your problem:

copper member
Clueless!
June 24, 2018, 04:45:03 PM

using what to mine calc with data hall rates and elec included (14c kwh in my case) So a whopping 54c a day profit per unit or for 30 days that would be $16.20!

I suppose others with better electric would get closer to $1 a day...but again with ASIC's and I anticipate difficulty rise that may well disappear in a month

(again, unless their supposed decentralized network is up to speed to hit the road, as they have claimed, at 10c a $1 to Amazon's centralized storage)

Again, I have my doubts....anyway, for those who were wise enough not to get any of these units..where it the decentralized network by Sia at the ASIC side.

https://whattomine.com/asic?utf8=%E2%9C%93&factor%5Bsha256_hr%5D=14000.0&factor%5Bsha256_p%5D=1370.0&factor%5Bscrypt_hash_rate%5D=1000.0&factor%5Bscrypt_power%5D=1600.0&factor%5Bx11_hr%5D=34000.0&factor%5Bx11_p%5D=2100.0&bk2bf=true&factor%5Bbk2b_hr%5D=800.0&factor%5Bbk2b_p%5D=500.0&factor%5Bqk_hr%5D=3300.0&factor%5Bqk_p%5D=120.0&factor%5Bqb_hr%5D=3300.0&factor%5Bqb_p%5D=130.0&factor%5Bmg_hr%5D=3.3&factor%5Bmg_p%5D=50.0&factor%5Bsk_hr%5D=1.7&factor%5Bsk_p%5D=40.0&factor%5Blbry_hr%5D=20.0&factor%5Blbry_p%5D=200.0&factor%5Bbk14_hr%5D=80.0&factor%5Bbk14_p%5D=205.0&factor%5Bpas_hr%5D=20.0&factor%5Bpas_p%5D=105.0&factor%5Bx11g_hr%5D=0.45&factor%5Bx11g_p%5D=70.0&factor%5Bcn_hr%5D=55.0&factor%5Bcn_p%5D=140.0&factor%5Bcost%5D=0.14&sort=Profitability24&volume=0&revenue=24h&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=binance&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bitfinex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bittrex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptobridge&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptopia&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=hitbtc&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=poloniex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=yobit&dataset=&commit=Calculate

Name(Tag)
Algorithm    Block Time
Block Reward
Last Block    
Difficulty
NetHash

Est. Rewards
Est. Rewards 24h

Exchange Rate
   Market Cap
Volume    Rev. BTC
Rev. 24h    Rev. $
Profit    Profitability
Current | 24h
3 days | 7 days
Sia(SC)
Blake (2b)

BT: 10m 50s
BR: 139,562.00
LB: 160,438

44,021,320T
67.73 Ph/s
-4.7%

(Bittrex)
0.3%
   $372,574,115
217.57 BTC    0.00037
0.00036    $2.21
$0.53    53% | 51%
51% | 48%
June 24, 2018, 03:56:42 PM
i only moved 1 sc and i did see it at first on my wallet. only after i restarted my pc and reopened the file and clicked on SIA UI to open my wallet, after doing that i cant see any transaction on my wallet

By entering with your seed in your wallet? & is your wallet fully synced to the network?
Provide us sone screenshots please
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
June 24, 2018, 03:01:30 PM
i only moved 1 sc and i did see it at first on my wallet. only after i restarted my pc and reopened the file and clicked on SIA UI to open my wallet, after doing that i cant see any transaction on my wallet
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
June 24, 2018, 05:06:35 AM
This is the link you can use to track the transaction in real time http://explore.sia.tech/ @Xantrax. What we are going through right now Siacoin has shown less volatility. On the other hand this is rotation of holders and investors at lower levels always fresh capital makes it way into highly active and potential markets.
Activity: 827
Merit: 502
June 24, 2018, 04:04:55 AM
Where do we check Sia transactions. Moved from Bittrex to Binance & I’m not seeing my coins yet
Pages:
Jump to: