Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 54. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 01:30:33 AM
The Hyperspace team is forking the Sia codebase and will be generating ~3.5B Space Cash to be freely distributed to all Siacoin holders in order to encourage people to learn about and experiment with the Hyperspace network upon public launch.

These Space Cash will be distributed in a ratio of 10 Siacoin (SC) to 1 Space Cash (SPACE). The Space Cash distribution will be based upon a snapshot of the Sia blockchain taken at block 161358, corresponding to approximately the beginning of July 1st, Greenwich Mean Time.

We do not know if any exchanges will support the airdrop, so if you would like to participate you should make sure to have your Siacoin in your personal wallet with your own private seed during the snapshot time.

For timely updates regarding the fork, please join us on our Discord server.

We will be posting a detailed guide on how to retrieve the airdrop as the date draws nearer.

Thank you for your interest in the Hyperspace project!
trading exchanges will support it? Does anyone have information on this issue?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
June 20, 2018, 08:49:11 PM
I actually fear SC will suffer a short term sump similar to bcn on Binance. Would've preferred sc on Binance when the market is better
I think on the contrary, the team came to finance on time. Since any almost coin when entering the exchange, first has a pattern to grow slightly in price, and then follows a long fall. Now is a period when all the coins fall in price.
This year showed us new trend that supply of coins was nothing but an illusion and what matters most is the working platform and use case of any coin or token.

yeah, my question is ..will the working platform be in place for the 3x to 7x the capacity that the original sia-tech obelisk only miners...that they expected...

IMHO, the network decentralized storage better be able to scale fast in July 2018, or we are all screwed....in that you have what, say 4x the ASIC capacity and they are

all going to jump on, driving up difficulty from day one? Again, if I remember right, the original 10k of obelisk units (their original goal) was to hit according to sia-tech

would be 30% inflation of coin per month....so can the decentralized network they supposedly have, be in place to take this load, and move their vision of 10c to $1

decentralized cloud storage in comparison to Amazon?

Again, if the ASIC's hit and their network is not up to speed...all that will happen is everyone making coin..till they shut the ASIC's off and then you have no network

because they can't make enough to pay for the electric....this could be  a cluster....inform me my fears are meaningless please...

brad

Blockchain is self-regulating, your fears are meaningless Cheesy
No idea where you heard about 30% monthly inflation

30% inflation is also a new thing for me Cheesy
Why would Sia dev team want that?

As far as I understand it...sia-tech was NEVER interested in the siacoin  price in that it was based on SCARCITY...they wanted sia to be used by their

ASIC's in a network for the ASIC security...these coins would gain their worth from the use in the ASIC network and the 30% inflation was needed

to expand this decentralized ...cheap 10c to the $1.00 alternative to Amazon and other centralized networks...

thus..it was always assumed by me (at least) that as soon as these ASIC's hit their decentralized network..the network would determine the worth

of siacoin no longer the scarcity from GPU mining etc. What confuses me is IF this was really their goal then why they did not fork siacoin to retain

control over the amount of ASIC miners is a mystery to me...it will be much more than 30% coin inflation a month now...

The good news is IF, they have the sia-tech ready to go for when these ASIC's hit in July and start to firm up the backbone for their vision..no issues

but I hear NOTHING about HOW they plan to convert folk from known centralized storage like Amazon into their vision with NO promotion I'm aware of...

also, no mention of what they are going to do with 5x the ASIC's they expected (if you take out the bitmain units as no longer profitable..a  bit iffy that)

right now on coin price...if I had my units NOW I'd make $1 a day...per obelisk unit....thus....the network vision they have tried to do  has to come

up to speed and take up the slack or NO ASIC miners will run their network if it costs more than the present siacoin price to run them

but, hey, they got a lot of BTC from the pre-orders last  year ..the ave price was like 0.97 BTC in my case....back last July 2017 or so....they did not fork

the coin..after bitmain equipment dump....so maybe they have siacoin in hand and/or the BTC still in hand to cover all the equipment/research etc in the

ASIC's they put out ..so no risk to them there....I just don't see sia-tech having anything on the line with all this either as getting their network up in

time..nor on their 4 batches of obelisks, none of them have shipped yet, where is the hype? where are the promo's? how are you gonna take on Amazon?

deafening silence....

just wonder if they will just watch the ASIC network all kick in...and they will dwadle around half-assed wait and not get their network up in any legit time frame

and it will fail...(a big ho hum from them) and no real risk to them, with all risk on those who are speculating in siacoin and those who bought their line on their ASIC

network vision of 'competing' with Amazon...damn hard to compete if the folk gonna buy in have never heard of your vision/option and no scale-up at all!

from sia-tech already paid for..probably many times over if they kept some of the payments in bitcoin...asic miners left holding the bag

1) ASIC's from obelisk and others, come up...can't mine at present prices...no network of any note to support such..ASIC buyers left holding the bag...

2) folk speculating on siacoin, price can't support itself from all the ASIC's driving up difficulty and price..no more scarcity for price....are left holding the bag

3) after the dust settles ..they can go the new algo route on the letter they sent out with different algo makers and put their decentralized network or

use this now defunct protocol with other asic's in the future...after all the above crashes...lots of options..or they can just fold shop and walk with no issues.

...on that...if it takes them another year to get up to speed to launch anything....see 1) and 2) above of those screwed...but as to the devs and sia-tech

as a whole...no real risk.....called having your cake and eat it too...as an asic maker and or a dev....by that I mean the network gets up..when the network

gets up....dev is set for life as a crypto holder....like luke jr. of bitcoin core...screw everybody...it gets up when they feel like it ..ie again no risk /pressure...

rinse/wash/repeat ..seen this before with projects

so the question remains...if the price is not in the speculation of siacoins for scarcity etc because a crapload of siacoin ASIC's from different mnfg's and

Obelisk ASIC's are going to turn on ...if in sia-tech obelisk's case...middle of July 2018....is their vision/network up to the task of keeping these beasties up

to even support the network...or are you just mining promised and air? ...again, likely future 'bag holder'

you have to have use/volume and their decentralized network 'in play' to pay electric and make extra coin for yourself via the network or all is moot..

or again, is the project not ready, and it is not in their control and thus they are just gonna watch it implode....blame bitmain, blame other mnfg's with blake2b ASIC's and

kick the can down the road...as a re-do? or hell just fold up the project..take whatever income or profits made in the last year or so and walk?

again, seen this before on projects

again, deafening silence on any/all of the above issues

thats how i understand stuff at this point in time anyway...they have to hit the ground running or come the end of July when the ASIC's hit ..I just have

a mess of Obelisk doorstops...

brad
Activity: 196
June 20, 2018, 07:40:29 PM
I actually fear SC will suffer a short term sump similar to bcn on Binance. Would've preferred sc on Binance when the market is better
I think on the contrary, the team came to finance on time. Since any almost coin when entering the exchange, first has a pattern to grow slightly in price, and then follows a long fall. Now is a period when all the coins fall in price.
This year showed us new trend that supply of coins was nothing but an illusion and what matters most is the working platform and use case of any coin or token.

yeah, my question is ..will the working platform be in place for the 3x to 7x the capacity that the original sia-tech obelisk only miners...that they expected...

IMHO, the network decentralized storage better be able to scale fast in July 2018, or we are all screwed....in that you have what, say 4x the ASIC capacity and they are

all going to jump on, driving up difficulty from day one? Again, if I remember right, the original 10k of obelisk units (their original goal) was to hit according to sia-tech

would be 30% inflation of coin per month....so can the decentralized network they supposedly have, be in place to take this load, and move their vision of 10c to $1

Again, if the ASIC's hit and their network is not up to speed...all that will happen is everyone making coin..till they shut the ASIC's off and then you have no network

because they can't make enough to pay for the electric....this could be  a cluster....inform me my fears are meaningless please...

brad

30% inflation is also a new thing for me Cheesy
Why would Sia dev team want that?
copper member
Clueless!
June 19, 2018, 11:31:00 PM

because they can't make enough to pay for the electric....this could be  a cluster....inform me my fears are meaningless please...

brad

was on their main page with their supposed calculator on first lot of miners when they we're  attempting 10k of miner sales first batch

blockchain will be fine...paying the ASIC miners with no decentralized storage option in the works at the time this many ASIC's hit will result

in lots of coin inflation...and price will dump...siacoin is not a coin based on scarcity..it is a token..thus if no network for the token of siacoin to use

because it is not up to speed to compete with say amazon....than ...just a lot of Asics making coin and if as I suspect current siacoin price is due

to scarcity..than worst of both worlds..no relief mining your siacoin ASIC from siacoin price and no relief for compensation as security ASIC miner

for the decentralized network because it is not in play yet enough...to pick up the slack

set/match

so yeah, we will have a secure blockchain system with the Asics but no money from either camp to pay the electric to keep them up...thus they go

off ...due to electric costs and the ASIC miners supposed to be used for decentralized storage never gets off the ground

...again...not looking good from my view

copper member
Clueless!
June 19, 2018, 11:23:47 PM

brad

the most convenient way to contact the developers. write on the YouTube channel in the comments. as soon as the new video comes out. write first .they will hear you 100%. you can write to them what you think.)))

did so ....deafening silence...they just don't want to say ......because they have no clue is my assumption.....
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
June 19, 2018, 03:00:29 PM

brad

Activity: 108
June 19, 2018, 03:00:24 PM

brad

the most convenient way to contact the developers. write on the YouTube channel in the comments. as soon as the new video comes out. write first .they will hear you 100%. you can write to them what you think.)))
copper member
Clueless!
June 19, 2018, 02:40:19 PM

brad

Activity: 7
June 19, 2018, 12:06:08 PM
I like this project because its so strong project.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
June 19, 2018, 02:13:22 AM
quick question folks,

downloaded the latest wallet

I sent 5 transactions.  Only one is confirmed. whereas the other 4 have a unconfirmed status.

I tried to located there tx id in sia.explorer and its not there. 

any help please.  its over 12000 coins

thank you

can You share here the tx ID please
Activity: 68
June 18, 2018, 09:32:56 PM
quick question folks,

downloaded the latest wallet

I sent 5 transactions.  Only one is confirmed. whereas the other 4 have a unconfirmed status.

I tried to located there tx id in sia.explorer and its not there. 

any help please.  its over 12000 coins

thank you
Activity: 196
June 18, 2018, 04:41:05 PM

In principle, could sia run on a platform like Sonm? Storage takes energy and computing power, could sonm or golem provide such power?

Actually, storage needs storage and network, computing power requirements are minimal, and sia has its own network that provides that

Yeah, why would Sia need to use some other network.
That would only increase the price
June 18, 2018, 03:48:06 PM

In principle, could sia run on a platform like Sonm? Storage takes energy and computing power, could sonm or golem provide such power?

Actually, storage needs storage and network, computing power requirements are minimal, and sia has its own network that provides that
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Securix: Next Generation Crypto Mining
June 18, 2018, 03:41:37 PM
how long does the synchronization takes? I spent a week and it just reach 62% .. any offline files

Syncing takes less than 10 hours if you use SSD disks. However if you are using HDD disks (spinning mechanical disks) it can take many days or weeks, as the bottleneck is not the actual downloading but the validation of the blockchain, and that is  is I/O-intensive. In your case, I would try a manual download of the blockchain (aka bootstrapping): https://siasetup.info/consensus

Does Sia's excess storage compare to other existing storage? The storage price in Sia is determined from what? What system is used in Sia storage so that it can keep the stored files or data secure?

Sia works as a marketplace of storage, so the price is determined by each host setting up their own pricing. Hosts compete among them reducing their pricing to improve their score and so the chances of being selected for contracts. You can check the current marketplace stats here: https://siastats.info/storage_pricing

As security measures, Sia uses the Twofish algorithm to encrypt all the data uploaded to hosts (only the renter is in possesion of the decryption key) and uses the Reed-Solomon data distribution algorithm to send redundant copies of the chunks of the files. The renter pays a 3x redundancy (already included in the pricing of the link above) and each file is chunked and sent to 30 different hosts: just any 10 of those 30 hosts are required to retrieve back the file (in other words, 2/3 of the hosts can go offline or lose the data, and yet the renter will have access to it)

Activity: 422
Merit: 270
June 17, 2018, 10:53:39 AM
how long does the synchronization takes? I spent a week and it just reach 62% .. any offline files

Syncing takes less than 10 hours if you use SSD disks. However if you are using HDD disks (spinning mechanical disks) it can take many days or weeks, as the bottleneck is not the actual downloading but the validation of the blockchain, and that is  is I/O-intensive. In your case, I would try a manual download of the blockchain (aka bootstrapping): https://siasetup.info/consensus

Does Sia's excess storage compare to other existing storage? The storage price in Sia is determined from what? What system is used in Sia storage so that it can keep the stored files or data secure?

Sia works as a marketplace of storage, so the price is determined by each host setting up their own pricing. Hosts compete among them reducing their pricing to improve their score and so the chances of being selected for contracts. You can check the current marketplace stats here: https://siastats.info/storage_pricing

As security measures, Sia uses the Twofish algorithm to encrypt all the data uploaded to hosts (only the renter is in possesion of the decryption key) and uses the Reed-Solomon data distribution algorithm to send redundant copies of the chunks of the files. The renter pays a 3x redundancy (already included in the pricing of the link above) and each file is chunked and sent to 30 different hosts: just any 10 of those 30 hosts are required to retrieve back the file (in other words, 2/3 of the hosts can go offline or lose the data, and yet the renter will have access to it)
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
June 17, 2018, 08:31:33 AM
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
June 17, 2018, 08:11:17 AM
Activity: 1022
Merit: 340
June 17, 2018, 07:56:41 AM
Activity: 827
Merit: 502
June 17, 2018, 06:13:14 AM
June 16, 2018, 06:38:28 PM
SIA is still leading coin in its category, IMHO...main obstacle is that team is working on product which is long term,
and most people in crypto just want to get rich quickly
Pages:
Jump to: