Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 69. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 108
April 26, 2018, 08:41:33 AM
my congrats to sia owners for a current pump. Hope it wan't stop!
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
April 26, 2018, 08:41:26 AM
any information for this pump?

and why should be there a reason ?

i don't see people asking why is the reason it s going down
it s slow uptrend for now, probably just some what step in  and some other follows when it s go up
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
April 26, 2018, 08:06:29 AM
Predicted price for March 2019 $0.067. Sia is the first decentralized storage platform secured by blockchain technology. The Sia Storage Platform leverages underutilized hard drive capacity around the world to create a data storage marketplace that is more reliable and lower cost than traditional cloud storage providers.

1$ has to be 0.067$ is too low fot this promising project
We will have your prediction sorpassed on the obelisks release
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
April 26, 2018, 07:40:20 AM
Predicted price for March 2019 $0.067. Sia is the first decentralized storage platform secured by blockchain technology. The Sia Storage Platform leverages underutilized hard drive capacity around the world to create a data storage marketplace that is more reliable and lower cost than traditional cloud storage providers.
Activity: 392
Merit: 54
April 26, 2018, 05:35:22 AM
Yeah, I wonder what happened. Maybe a listing on Bithumb?

knc will be listed,so does sc?
Nah, this is just my speculation.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
April 26, 2018, 05:21:09 AM

knc will be listed,so does sc?
Activity: 392
Merit: 54
April 26, 2018, 05:10:56 AM
Activity: 40
April 26, 2018, 04:58:36 AM
Activity: 154
Merit: 5
April 25, 2018, 12:53:31 PM
Official statement regarding DNS spoofing of MyEtherWallet domain

https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/988818214950858754?s=19
April 25, 2018, 09:05:58 AM
https://siastats.info/mining_pools

looking at the hashrate, we have to decentralize it, is not good to have over 50% on one pool
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
April 24, 2018, 03:19:10 PM
What does it take to build a rig to rent out decentralized storage with siacoin? Not sure if it is worth it, even for fun, but curious on how many TH would be needed

and or other equipment to pull this off as an experiment with the decentralized storage options on sia coin

anyway, ballpark equip and figures are fine...likely would make no sense to do so...but would be nice to see where the project stans in being viable with those

costs in mind

brad

It is not very profitable to be hosting right now as the usage of the network is only 5%: there is oversupply of hosts currently. But obviously all hosts are expecting the usage to increase over time. Besides, it is funny to be a host and good to learn now for the time Sia goes prime time.

Building an energy-efficient rig is the key: low TCP CPUs, 5400rpm disks instead of 7200... About the disks, better NAS-grade or enterprise-grade disks (WD red, Seagate Ironwolf) than consumer-grade disks, as the former are prepared to last 5+ years running 24/7. And better if you offer 4TB at least, as there is a score penalty for less storage than that.

The cheapest option is using a Raspberry pi + an external hardrive, that would be an investment of around $150 (about 50-70 for the RPi setup and 80 for the disk) with a normal 4TB external disks or about 200 with the same disk size but NAS-grade.

A more beefy and professional solution could be an HP Microserver, that has 4 bays for disks. They can be found by $350-400 without disks

Well I'm mining pow-scrypt (8,000mh) and have 5 siacoin miners coming and 1 decred miner (swap'd my 1/2 price coupons for one free unit for the coupons...for a aug 30th decred

miner (ouch!)

so what the heck, IF, and I mean IF, I get some time, I can deduct the equipment to put up such a 'toy' storage solution...I'd probably drop 1k into the project...if nothing else

can always us the HD's in the future for friends/family...they are usually 8 years behind the curve anyway and would be thrilled, (in the future that is for this equip)

time, never enough time, to play with stupid 'unprofitable' stuff...I miss 'hobby mining' (thou at this rate with scrypt-pow I may be back there by Jan 2019)

Activity: 406
Merit: 121
April 24, 2018, 02:01:13 PM
Sia is good project but because of too much supply and continuously increased, I am worried to invest in it.  Miners dump it for btc.
Activity: 79
April 24, 2018, 01:37:38 PM
we are getting around 50MH on a gigabyte 280x oc ...

the other figures that are getting thrown about at the moment ( as far as i know ) are the devs that have redeveloped the miner ( or created their own ) with their optimizations ...

so dont worry too much ...
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
April 24, 2018, 09:16:08 AM
What does it take to build a rig to rent out decentralized storage with siacoin? Not sure if it is worth it, even for fun, but curious on how many TH would be needed

and or other equipment to pull this off as an experiment with the decentralized storage options on sia coin

anyway, ballpark equip and figures are fine...likely would make no sense to do so...but would be nice to see where the project stans in being viable with those

costs in mind

brad

It is not very profitable to be hosting right now as the usage of the network is only 5%: there is oversupply of hosts currently. But obviously all hosts are expecting the usage to increase over time. Besides, it is funny to be a host and good to learn now for the time Sia goes prime time.

Building an energy-efficient rig is the key: low TCP CPUs, 5400rpm disks instead of 7200... About the disks, better NAS-grade or enterprise-grade disks (WD red, Seagate Ironwolf) than consumer-grade disks, as the former are prepared to last 5+ years running 24/7. And better if you offer 4TB at least, as there is a score penalty for less storage than that.

The cheapest option is using a Raspberry pi + an external hardrive, that would be an investment of around $150 (about 50-70 for the RPi setup and 80 for the disk) with a normal 4TB external disks or about 200 with the same disk size but NAS-grade.

A more beefy and professional solution could be an HP Microserver, that has 4 bays for disks. They can be found by $350-400 without disks
Activity: 17
April 24, 2018, 05:03:50 AM
Who knows where this will price itself. I have been a follower of Sia since the beginning in the Proof of Storage days. Share prices dropped from 8000nxt to 505nxt on that news. Still a lot of tech to get right here, and the miners are not the ones interested in the health of the project. They are interested in today's hashrate.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
April 24, 2018, 12:16:01 AM

costs in mind

brad
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
April 23, 2018, 10:36:57 PM
SIA is the leader in distributed coin storage, and its market value is quite good. STORJ's mining profits are very bad
Activity: 172
April 23, 2018, 06:15:17 PM
SC expands the team with 3 new developers  Grin
https://blog.sia.tech/siafunds-tso-outcome-43bef1fed948
Activity: 30
April 23, 2018, 05:41:27 PM
Hi guys, how is it going? Any news?
April 23, 2018, 01:33:11 PM
why a difficulty is still rising? No more devices were sold so far since the last batch of bitmain

No, there was a second batch of A3 that was delivered last month, a third batch of A3 that will be delivered in 2 weeks, Halong B52 miners that were delivered in the last 2 weeks, Innosilicon miners currently on sale (while it looks like they are the same as Halong, but branded as Innosilicon) and there is another secret manufacturer that we knew in January had plans to make Blake2b miners as they communicated with Core Devs (but don't want their name to be disclosed).

Maybe the obelisks are being tested before the shipping
Anyway, how Many of them has been sold?

About 6000 - 7000 units IIRC

Tnx for the numbers
Impressive hashrate wil be
Hope that new investers will back SC in the near future
Pages:
Jump to: