Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 65. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
May 10, 2018, 03:50:13 AM
so as a community member & miner, all the fork stories & doorstop stories, are they rumors only or the devs are going to implement it?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
May 09, 2018, 03:40:42 PM
Hi guys
Did you see that market space accepts sia tokens? They change them to their tokens, if im not mistaken...Sounds like an attractive offer
What do you think?
here is the link
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35196138
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
May 09, 2018, 10:59:42 AM
I wish this happen soon that Siacoin Hardfork Announce with free new coins plus the same day binance and bitfinex announce siacoin listing into their exchanges that’s the only way siacoin will break 5000 satoshi In 1,2 days only I wish some one can forward my request or wish to siacoin team to make it possible.

It wouldn't make sense if the team made a contentious hard fork. There needs to be a part of the community that doesn't agree with the team's decisions and that is prepared to maintain a hard fork of Siacoin. The team can't make listings happen, unless maybe they pay a huge amount of money but seriously these listing fees are just becoming absurd. Even if all of this happens at once, it probably won't make Siacoin break 5k sats in a day or two.
Unfortunately the team can't make your wish come true.
Activity: 784
Merit: 255
May 08, 2018, 10:08:52 PM
I wish this happen soon that Siacoin Hardfork Announce with free new coins plus the same day binance and bitfinex announce siacoin listing into their exchanges that’s the only way siacoin will break 5000 satoshi In 1,2 days only I wish some one can forward my request or wish to siacoin team to make it possible.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
May 08, 2018, 04:37:39 PM
Well, this does not bode well, specs are down from what was thought, they will be short of chips in June, I guess their 'guess' of July 2018 was right on, with

what they expected for delays...

here is the link ..make of it what you will

https://medium.com/obelisk-blog/obelisk-update-january-may-2018-739229a930ec

As for Decred miner, if you got those, I myself would make a 'significant' bet that in the next 2 months Bitmain will release a Decred ASIC...

and Bitmain usually has less than a 6 week delivery or sooner on such things (they usually mine the first units themselves)

HOPE I'm wrong, but it is what Bitmain does, pops stuff out like toasters...

Just hope they make the July 2018 (1-year deadline) ...that, IMHO, is looking kinda iffy...

what they get for going with the chip mnfg...TSMC...they ALWAYS seem to miss ASIC chip wafer deadlines and screw up (see BFL miners 2013)

not a big fan...this being their 2nd attempt...from what I understand for an ASIC chip (thus the 1-year deadline, by Obelisk..just in case....)

anyway, hope it does not 'devolve' into a cluster with Bitmain Decred units and/or more delays

later

brad
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
May 08, 2018, 03:52:28 PM
binance is looking to attract  more volume for more income
sia got big volume comparing to ICOs with non 100% current working projects
why they would refuse to add it ?

How do you know binance is looking for more volume and income? Do you have any idea how much they are making?!

From the Nauticus Whitepaper:
"The world’s number one exchange, as of March 2018 is Binance, which opened in July last year and is growing by 750,000 users a month. It now has 6 million users, who trade $300 each per day (on average as surveyed throughout March). This brings in revenue of $1,350,000 each day, which equates to almost half a billion in annual revenue."

Ya Sia got a working product but that doesn't mean shit in regards to whether or not they get listed, unless you know that devs are ready to pay the fee to get listed don't post fake stuff.
May 08, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
how can I mine siacoin coin? I have an antminer s9, I want to make some bucks!!

does anyone know how i can mine siacoin coin? I have an antminer s9, I want to make some bucks!!

Come on ... If you want to copy/paste a post, at least let it get a bit older, it's at the top of the page ffs. (And the answer is also at the top of the page.)
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
May 08, 2018, 01:05:44 PM
I am mining Siacoin on nanopool, will SiaCoin be supported in Crypterium App for crypto-to-fiat payments?

One question that I am waiting for is also, but the answer is still not visible for now, I also hope it will support the sia on crypterium app.
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
Sometimes Your Coins Just Hypnotize Me!
May 08, 2018, 01:03:36 PM

Lol, c'mon man, that tweet is over 4 months old.  It would be great if SIA were listed on Binance, but as of now, it's fake news.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
May 08, 2018, 12:06:11 PM
binance is looking to attract  more volume for more income
sia got big volume comparing to ICOs with non 100% current working projects
why they would refuse to add it ?
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
May 08, 2018, 12:00:26 PM
sia will be added to binance soon
expect a big jump in price

Lol, blowing smoke....probably no source just trying to manipulate price.

Although bytecoin seemed to be added out of nowhere...sad how much binance just all the sudden became an enormous player and has every coin community by the balls charging outlandish amounts to get added.

How are older projects that DID NOT ICO supposed to come up with the funds to get listed and get the same market exposure that coins listed on binance are getting?

All i see anymore on threads, reddit and discord is "when will this coin get listed on binance?"

Activity: 308
Merit: 101
Sometimes Your Coins Just Hypnotize Me!
May 08, 2018, 11:49:40 AM

Source?  I don't understand why people come out with unsupported claims like this.
May 08, 2018, 11:35:13 AM
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
May 07, 2018, 11:43:51 PM
I have been using the Sia data storage product and it is taking a ridiculous amount of time to upload small amounts of data. Can you tell me if this will be improved?

Sia is not optimized to upload small files. Any file smaller than 40MB will be padded to 40MB, and if you are trying to upload files in the number of thousands or tens of thousands the performance will suffer.

Instead, if you have many small files, zip them into a small number of big files and you should see a better performance
May 07, 2018, 07:52:08 AM
I see a lot of times the polo wallet is in maintenance. Is it easy to withdraw from wallet desktop to bittrex? Or is always in maintenance like polo?

it goes in maintenance sometimes, but not so often as on Poloniex
but the best to keep your SC is on the main core wallet Sia-UI
May 06, 2018, 04:51:41 AM
I will support the main SC chain if a hardfork will happen, this one, not the new one born
But I hope that will be no forks on Sia
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
May 05, 2018, 08:27:15 PM
And a hard fork couldn't be done without the consent of the community anyway or could it?

Well it depends on what you mean by community. A part of the miners can decide to keep mining on an old chain, so yes mining power is needed to back up a hard fork, otherwise the not-mined chain just dies. When multiple chains are being mined, we talk about contentious hard forks, all the recent Bitcoin hard forks are contentious.

Thanks for the explanation and yes, I was also referring to the miners as part of the community.
May 05, 2018, 04:49:27 PM
how can I mine siacoin coin? I have an antminer s9, I want to make some bucks!!

S9 is a miner that is designed to solve SHA-256 algorithms and hence mine coins that use them (like Bitcoin). Siacoin uses another algorithm named Blake (2b), so you need an ASIC that can solve that. There are a handful of vendors who sell such miners, not knowing all of them, and which is better than which, I'll let you look them up and make your choice Wink.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
May 05, 2018, 08:36:37 AM
the SIA coins had 34 211 593 614 and the maximum price was almost 0.11 cents.
And Ripple 39 178 259 468 and the maximum price was$3.82
I want to say that the team of SIA moves very slowly. need a the good advertisements coins. other coins are growing rapidly in contrast to the SIA coins.
Do not compare the siacoin with Ripple because Ripple is one of the best finance coins so far besides Bitcoin and Siacoin it is a coin for data storage.
These two coins have different platforms and newborn Siacoin in 2015 while Ripple is from 2012.

So it's worth Ripple has a feature advancement than Sia because Ripple has more experience and everyone has used it.
Pages:
Jump to: