Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 88. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 189
Merit: 12
March 09, 2018, 10:44:40 AM
When I look at past year and what was going on with SIA, I think the best comparison
I could make is that SIA team is Wozniak without its Jobs

Not sure what you mean by that, but you do know that Jobs nearly bankrupted Apple in the early days, and, in fact, never had an original idea in his life? The reason Apple did well when Jobs returned was that he had learned his lesson and let others in the firm do the work for him because he was completely incompetent. He had no programming skills, no engineering skills, let alone any marketing skills. He didn't want to put "i" before each product name, and he called the "Here's to the Crazy Ones" slogan (which a market firm invented), a pile of shit!

And the Mac would never have been created had employees at Apple not insisted that Jobs visit Xerox. He called the first guy who made the suggestion, Jef Raskin, a "shithead".

From "Apple Confidential 2.0" by Owen W. Linzmayer: "Raskin tried convincing Jobs to go see the wonderful stuff at Xerox PARC, but...Jobs considered Raskin a 'shithead who could do no good' so he ignored Raskin's recommendation."

Jobs' lack of technical knowledge & unbearable arrogance and ego also meant that he wouldn't listen when others said that the Lisa's numerous features would mean a high price tag and, therefore, failure. From Apple Confidential 2.0: "After complaining that there was no way they could incorporate all these features and stick to the original schedule and $2,000 target, Rothmuller was fired for being uncooperative (of course, he would be proven correct in due time)."

Jobs was also going to sell his Pixar stock, but held on to it long enough to see the company succeed. Jobs was the biggest, bloated parasite the world has ever seen! He even stole from Wozniak in the early days, before Apple was founded. Wozniak found out about the theft 10 years later. Jobs refused to give shares to certain individuals who had helped Apple's IPO succeed, so Wozniak had to give away some of his shares instead - more theft by Jobs!

Google: "businessinsider Steve Jobs played no role at all in designing the Apple I or Apple II computers, Woz says"

Search YouTube for: "Steve Wozniak Says Lot of Things Wrong With Jobs Movie airmen7"

Move slider to 2:05 and listen what Wozniak says about Jobs.

Wozniak credits another guy with the marketing success of his Apple computer, the only computer bringing in money in those early days:

Google "IT'S NOT STEVE JOBS: Wozniak Reveals The One Person Who Actually Deserves Credit For Apple's Early Success businessinsider"

Also from "Apple Confidential 2.0", p158:

"Jobs' resignation didn't appease Apple. On September 23, the company filed a suit against Jobs and Page, enjoining them from using any proprietary information and charging Jobs with dereliction of his duties as chairman. The suit was ludicrous. Before his resignation, Jobs was considered an incompetent manager with little technical skill, but once he departed he suddenly became a major threat to the well-being of Apple? Realizing the suit only gave Jobs credibility, Apple quietly settled out of court in January 1986.

"With Jobs out of the way, Sculley led Apple through its most prosperous times, helping grow the business from $600 million in net sales when he joined in 1983 to almost $8 billion a decade later."

Jobs also killed GEM on the PC by suing Digital Research, which also used Xerox's graphical user interface - Jobs had stolen the interface and claimed it as his own. That's another long story - of how Bill Gates, a guy who has never written an OS in his life, stole the personal computer OS market from Gary Kildall, by buying a clone of CP/M - the Windows of its day, but far superior! - and renaming it DOS. The Computer History Museum in California correctly names Kildall as the father of the personal computer operating system.

Jobs did NOTHING. Gates did very little! The goal of corporate propaganda is to fool people that CEOs are the most important people in the world - and they're just not! Many are incompetent, or could be replaced with dogs without any harm to a firm's success.
March 09, 2018, 10:06:16 AM
One factor in my decision to sell was the fact that Sia issued Siafunds, which are indivisible, and very expensive - $10-15K each! Owners of Siafunds get a cut of the profits of the storage suppliers (a reward for the risk of owning them, we're told), and the suppliers get - and I quote from the white paper - a "brutal free market" (potentially no reward!). Also, Siacoin was not intended to be used as a speculative investment. The whole thing feels like Sia are doing this for themselves and their wealthy mates, and the rest of us can just go to hell. And, with the price plummeting so fast now, maybe Hell will be the next stop.  Kiss

Moreover, the beauty of SiaFunds is that the investors buying them become contributors/partners: They'll only get dividends if they help pushing the adoption of the storage network, so these investors will really promote the long-term organic growth of Sia and not short-term pump schemes like traditional "investors" of coins.

Hakkane, thanks for the info. Will look into more!
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
March 09, 2018, 10:01:16 AM
When I look at past year and what was going on with SIA, I think the best comparison
I could make is that SIA team is Wozniak without its Jobs
March 09, 2018, 09:56:18 AM

Many thanks for your understanding. I lost a lot of money in the past two months. it's all I had. so I'm worried about the fate of this coin.
[/quote]

shamman666, I was going to invest in crypto in 2014, didn't due to personal circumstances, and missed the party completely. I've flipped my lid (lost my temper) a number of times!
March 09, 2018, 09:37:34 AM
Well, again we crap)))

All markets are in down trend not only this coin I didn't understand why you are looking so panic. I hope soon will get recover from this bloody storm and will be more strong than ever.

Not true! Had I held my money in Sia instead of transferring it to Waves, it now would have lost 46% of its value since this fall began - and, yes, I'm using the present value of Waves, which has also fallen, but it hasn't fallen as much as SiaCoin. In fact, it's now overtaken Stratis!
Activity: 154
Merit: 5
March 09, 2018, 08:51:47 AM
Yes, soon all altcoins will recover after the btc becomes stable..... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
March 09, 2018, 08:29:31 AM
Well, again we crap)))

All markets are in down trend not only this coin I didn't understand why you are looking so panic. I hope soon will get recover from this bloody storm and will be more strong than ever.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
March 09, 2018, 08:20:44 AM
new ASIC for SiaCoin is coming:

Just after the announcement of their new DragonMint B29 Blake256 ASIC Miner for Decred (DCR), Halong Mining has also started taking orders for a new DragonMint B52 Blake2b ASIC Miner for Siacoin (SC) or other Blake2b POW coins. The hashrate of the new ASIC miner is cited as 3.83 THS for Siacoin mining at 1380 Watt of power usage, so a serious device in terms of hasrate compared to other alternative options from Bitmain A3 (already available) and Obelisk SC1 (upcoming).
Where the Halong Mining DragonMint B52 Blake2b ASIC Miner is suffering is the price, although almost half of the Decred miner they started selling, the B52 Blake2b ASIC miner is still pricey at $5549 USD. Even when considering that the price includes a power supply and free shipping it is pretty steep for an ASIC miner that can be used for just one cryptocurrency for the moment. Halong Mining should start shipping these new miners by the end of the month, so you can expect a pretty big jump in term of the total network hashrate for mining Siacoin.

So now we are expecting the second batch od A3s, the first od Halong, and the Obelisks (when? unknown)

I am expecting a big jump of value
Activity: 108
Merit: 0
March 09, 2018, 02:21:44 AM
Well, again we crap)))
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
March 08, 2018, 01:25:39 PM
write a command to Sia. full of shit. They do not want to work. we just need that Sia added on all exchanges.
If this will be added in the new exchanges right now with great volume then maybe we can see the value grow.
I think they are more concentrating on the development than putting it in a high volume exchanges, whatever the team decide
I cannot still sell my sia due to low value.
All market is down recent days, when it recovers we will see Siacoin price move to higher levels.

Yeah, I don't understand people complaining about the price decrease, when all the market is going down.
The only price that matters in that time is the price in BTC, is it increasing or decreasing

SIA will gat some real value vs. fiat, not only vs. BTC, than will be less volatile
now, when BTC gains vs. fiat, logically all altcoins that doesn't have any direct value vs. fiat are falling down under
but SC is a massive project
and I am hodling it.

I think it will still take some time until the alternative crypto market moves in a decoupled way from BTC. Right now there is still a very strong correlation because everything stands or falls with BTC's future.

Sad to say you're right. I already noticed twice when Bitcoin is mooning towards $20,000, all the other coins dumped, like 95% literally out of 1,500 coins. Only when Bitcoin is perceived to be just ranging in price, did altcoins prosper for a brief moment in the first days of 2018.

bitmain hijacked this coin ... i see some crazy crypto war between bitmain and nebulous ? :\ hmmm
March 08, 2018, 12:43:24 PM
write a command to Sia. full of shit. They do not want to work. we just need that Sia added on all exchanges.
If this will be added in the new exchanges right now with great volume then maybe we can see the value grow.
I think they are more concentrating on the development than putting it in a high volume exchanges, whatever the team decide
All market is down recent days, when it recovers we will see Siacoin price move to higher levels.

Yeah, I don't understand people complaining about the price decrease, when all the market is going down.
The only price that matters in that time is the price in BTC, is it increasing or decreasing

SIA will gat some real value vs. fiat, not only vs. BTC, than will be less volatile
now, when BTC gains vs. fiat, logically all altcoins that doesn't have any direct value vs. fiat are falling down under
and I am hodling it.

I think it will still take some time until the alternative crypto market moves in a decoupled way from BTC. Right now there is still a very strong correlation because everything stands or falls with BTC's future.

Sad to say you're right. I already noticed twice when Bitcoin is mooning towards $20,000, all the other coins dumped, like 95% literally out of 1,500 coins. Only when Bitcoin is perceived to be just ranging in price, did altcoins prosper for a brief moment in the first days of 2018.
how do you see the price of Sia ($ 0.10) this year?
Activity: 859
Merit: 251
March 08, 2018, 11:48:07 AM

and I am hodling it.

Activity: 271
Merit: 100
OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance
March 08, 2018, 11:33:46 AM

and I am hodling it.

Activity: 308
Merit: 101
Sometimes Your Coins Just Hypnotize Me!
March 08, 2018, 09:58:55 AM
How can this coin fall so strongly after such vertices.? because Cia has developed significantly over the year, but we are returning to the past price.

You need to give it a rest bro. 
March 08, 2018, 09:02:25 AM
How can this coin fall so strongly after such vertices.? because Cia has developed significantly over the year, but we are returning to the past price.
March 08, 2018, 08:58:56 AM

yes prices fall, but Sia falls more than others.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
March 08, 2018, 08:45:34 AM

and I am hodling it.
Activity: 196
March 08, 2018, 08:18:37 AM

Activity: 39
March 08, 2018, 03:37:58 AM
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
March 08, 2018, 01:59:34 AM
Pages:
Jump to: