Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 87. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 167
March 13, 2018, 12:18:52 AM
hi, does anyone know the maximum supply of this coin

Max supply is unlimited...however coins will get burned through transactions/usage

Just need to get to the point where there actually are transactions and usage for the siacoins to get burned! Not sure when this will actually be achieved, and with all the asics on the way.... you'd hope burning starts sooner rather than later.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
March 12, 2018, 11:28:09 PM
I think I asked this before

but has MinerBox for network use with Sia ever ship from last summer

have not heard anything ..so curious (did not get one...just remember this)

and/or in folks view the general health/progress of the network before the ASIC units in June 2018 (supposedly)

thanks

brad
Activity: 271
Merit: 100
OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance
March 12, 2018, 08:45:06 PM
write a command to Sia. full of shit. They do not want to work. we just need that Sia added on all exchanges.
If this will be added in the new exchanges right now with great volume then maybe we can see the value grow.
I think they are more concentrating on the development than putting it in a high volume exchanges, whatever the team decide
I cannot still sell my sia due to low value.
All market is down recent days, when it recovers we will see Siacoin price move to higher levels.

Yeah, I don't understand people complaining about the price decrease, when all the market is going down.
The only price that matters in that time is the price in BTC, is it increasing or decreasing

SIA will gat some real value vs. fiat, not only vs. BTC, than will be less volatile
now, when BTC gains vs. fiat, logically all altcoins that doesn't have any direct value vs. fiat are falling down under
but SC is a massive project
and I am hodling it.

I think it will still take some time until the alternative crypto market moves in a decoupled way from BTC. Right now there is still a very strong correlation because everything stands or falls with BTC's future.

Sad to say you're right. I already noticed twice when Bitcoin is mooning towards $20,000, all the other coins dumped, like 95% literally out of 1,500 coins. Only when Bitcoin is perceived to be just ranging in price, did altcoins prosper for a brief moment in the first days of 2018.

And that perfectly confirms that it's all about greed in crypto. People can't stand the fact that there money isn't exponentially growing for a few days in a row so they leave their beloved Bitcoin just to catch the next rocket. Or not, and then lose out big time.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
March 12, 2018, 07:36:56 PM
i do not understand why there are few exchanges that exchange SIA
it is a good coin, with very high market cap, good community, good dev team. i am not saying that SIA is the one, but till now it progress very nice and smooth
sure it has its ups and downs but in total its a good coin with high market cap

so somebody answer me, why we do not see SIA in Binance or other big exchanges ?
Activity: 23
March 12, 2018, 05:20:29 AM
1000 sat is nothing for this coin if devs work continuously...... Smiley

i will mcafee my privates if sia hits 9cents in a year. that is moon status for me. lol
Activity: 154
Merit: 5
March 12, 2018, 01:11:45 AM
Well, again we crap)))

All markets are in down trend not only this coin I didn't understand why you are looking so panic. I hope soon will get recover from this bloody storm and will be more strong than ever.
I heard it many times, but nothing changes. I repeat once again that other coins have already risen many times, but the Sia is not growing.

Then what the hell are you still doing here?
Go watch all the other tokens that had risen
All you can do now is buy as much as possible at current prices and be patient.
Wait for the dev to release a major update or add to exchange that has a large volume. I'm sure the next day will be hit 1000 sat.  Grin

1000 sat is nothing for this coin if devs work continuously...... Smiley
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
March 12, 2018, 12:37:52 AM
Well, again we crap)))

All markets are in down trend not only this coin I didn't understand why you are looking so panic. I hope soon will get recover from this bloody storm and will be more strong than ever.
I heard it many times, but nothing changes. I repeat once again that other coins have already risen many times, but the Sia is not growing.

All you can do now is buy as much as possible at current prices and be patient.
Wait for the dev to release a major update or add to exchange that has a large volume. I'm sure the next day will be hit 1000 sat.  Grin
Activity: 196
March 11, 2018, 07:15:00 PM
Well, again we crap)))

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
March 11, 2018, 07:09:39 PM

Max supply is unlimited...however coins will get burned through transactions/usage

True, but the inflation rate will decrease a lot over the years. By 2021 it should be 3.4% a year and all that may be burned through usage per year by then.

Read more about it here: https://forum.sia.tech/topic/161/about-siacoins-calculation-and-supply
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
March 11, 2018, 04:05:43 PM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
March 11, 2018, 02:32:46 PM

I don't know if this helps you, but you can check information about the coin here https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/siacoin/ - Circulating Supply is 33,030,623,997 SC = Also probably you can find information  on the website https://sia.tech/ and check the whitepaper http://www.sia.tech/sia.pdf?

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
March 11, 2018, 02:30:22 PM

billions supply? and new china asics shamelessly dumping for weeks now...  Kiss
Activity: 70
March 11, 2018, 02:27:35 PM
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
March 11, 2018, 01:05:21 PM
new ASIC for SiaCoin is coming:

Just after the announcement of their new DragonMint B29 Blake256 ASIC Miner for Decred (DCR), Halong Mining has also started taking orders for a new DragonMint B52 Blake2b ASIC Miner for Siacoin (SC) or other Blake2b POW coins. The hashrate of the new ASIC miner is cited as 3.83 THS for Siacoin mining at 1380 Watt of power usage, so a serious device in terms of hasrate compared to other alternative options from Bitmain A3 (already available) and Obelisk SC1 (upcoming).
Where the Halong Mining DragonMint B52 Blake2b ASIC Miner is suffering is the price, although almost half of the Decred miner they started selling, the B52 Blake2b ASIC miner is still pricey at $5549 USD. Even when considering that the price includes a power supply and free shipping it is pretty steep for an ASIC miner that can be used for just one cryptocurrency for the moment. Halong Mining should start shipping these new miners by the end of the month, so you can expect a pretty big jump in term of the total network hashrate for mining Siacoin.

So now we are expecting the second batch od A3s, the first od Halong, and the Obelisks (when? unknown)

I am expecting a big jump of value

Personally, I don't think that ASICs are good for mineable coins, in particular Sia. If devs have good plans for difficulty adjustments, ASIC will become useless. Unfortunately, most of current coins don't have this ability.

SIA also reportedly has a safe switch that will make select ASICs useless if the community wants to do so.
Now its not a real problem, but who knows what may happen in the future....

However the mining manufacturers make the money so they are happy  Grin

the company who made siacoin pulled a butterflylabs pre-order game people fell for it..now bitmain chinese take over coin..what's the point to put good money after bad?...sell more ICO siatokens?..pfft :\  see you at 50 satoshi weee
Activity: 15
March 11, 2018, 08:45:44 AM
sia went one year back.... good luck for Sia and Sia community ...
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
March 11, 2018, 07:42:05 AM
Sia is an encrypted currency with few business models and specific business plans. The real name of the developer, the real name, is a company.
Activity: 108
March 10, 2018, 09:05:30 AM
that you all have calmed down?) What to expect from Sia this month?
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
March 09, 2018, 12:52:07 PM

Just after the announcement of their new DragonMint B29 Blake256 ASIC Miner for Decred (DCR), Halong Mining has also started taking orders for a new DragonMint B52 Blake2b ASIC Miner for Siacoin (SC) or other Blake2b POW coins. The hashrate of the new ASIC miner is cited as 3.83 THS for Siacoin mining at 1380 Watt of power usage, so a serious device in terms of hasrate compared to other alternative options from Bitmain A3 (already available) and Obelisk SC1 (upcoming).
Where the Halong Mining DragonMint B52 Blake2b ASIC Miner is suffering is the price, although almost half of the Decred miner they started selling, the B52 Blake2b ASIC miner is still pricey at $5549 USD. Even when considering that the price includes a power supply and free shipping it is pretty steep for an ASIC miner that can be used for just one cryptocurrency for the moment. Halong Mining should start shipping these new miners by the end of the month, so you can expect a pretty big jump in term of the total network hashrate for mining Siacoin.

So now we are expecting the second batch od A3s, the first od Halong, and the Obelisks (when? unknown)

Personally, I don't think that ASICs are good for mineable coins, in particular Sia. If devs have good plans for difficulty adjustments, ASIC will become useless. Unfortunately, most of current coins don't have this ability.

SIA also reportedly has a safe switch that will make select ASICs useless if the community wants to do so.
Now its not a real problem, but who knows what may happen in the future....

However the mining manufacturers make the money so they are happy  Grin
Activity: 39
March 09, 2018, 11:34:04 AM

Activity: 108
March 09, 2018, 11:00:55 AM
Well, again we crap)))

Pages:
Jump to: