Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 96. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250
February 28, 2018, 01:52:19 AM

Thanks! In mine it's install-dir/resources/app/Sia/ and then what you had.  In /Sia/wallet I have wallet.json, wallet.log, and Sia Wallet Encrypted Backup Seed-____________.Seed.  Do I need to backup all 3? All they all encrypted or just the Encrypted Backup Seed? I don't want to store unencrypted backups.

In addition I was wondering how to check my siafunds address? I have a SiafundAddress_Key0.siakey file but when I open it in text edit it's all gibberish.

Thanks!

The wallet.json and the encrypted backup seed are both encrypted, you can't open them without the password. Just backing up the wallet.json is enough, at this point I'm forgetting why there is the 'Sia Wallet Encrypted Backup Seed', I was using it personally at some point but now I don't remember what it was good for.

To check your siafunds, you should import the siakey into the wallet, and then restart 'siad'. The wallet should then be able to display your siafunds balance.

I'm hoping the password Taek mentions above was user chosen (not like now where seed=password), if that's the case I think I might be able to decrypt the 'Sia Wallet Encrypted Backup Seed-____________.Seed' file and recover my old seed, but not sure what software might do that. My old wallet dates from mid 2016, and sounds like what Taek mentions are the files I have saved on my old laptop.
February 27, 2018, 11:36:31 PM
I found an old wallet from ver 0.4.3 on my old Win laptop from 2015. In the sia wallet folder there are three files:

SiaWalletEncryptedBackup-Seed
Wallet-json
wallet-log

How hard is it going to be to import that wallet into the current version? I gather the new wallet uses the seed for importing, so I guess I need to get the seed from the first file above, but not sure how to do that.

thanks

Old wallets, before version 0.3.x needed to use an specific command for importing the wallet file into newer versions (https://siawiki.tech/wallet/recovering_from_file).

However, your wallet is already using the current system that depends on a recovery seed of 29 words, you will just need this passphrase on a current version 1.3.1 software to unlock the wallet. The file you have there looks like it is encrypted, so you will not be able by any means to get the seed from it if it is encrypted. Check around the rest of your files, you might have saved this sequence of words somewhere else

I still have my original 0.3.3 wallet, from memory I followed instructions to import legacy wallet into 0.4.3 wallet, but I can't recall having to write down a seed then. If I did, I'm in trouble.

I wonder if I can import the previous 0.3.3 wallet into the current version.

Maybe in the 0.4.3 wallet I encrypted the 'seed' with a password of my choosing, if that was the case then maybe I can reconstruct it, otherwise if it was a pre-determined seed of 29 words, I'm sure I don't have that ...

Could I just drop the other two wallet files from 0.4.3 into the appdata folder and restart?
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
February 27, 2018, 11:10:43 PM
I found an old wallet from ver 0.4.3 on my old Win laptop from 2015. In the sia wallet folder there are three files:

Wallet-json
wallet-log

How hard is it going to be to import that wallet into the current version? I gather the new wallet uses the seed for importing, so I guess I need to get the seed from the first file above, but not sure how to do that.

thanks

Old wallets, before version 0.3.x needed to use an specific command for importing the wallet file into newer versions (https://siawiki.tech/wallet/recovering_from_file).

However, your wallet is already using the current system that depends on a recovery seed of 29 words, you will just need this passphrase on a current version 1.3.1 software to unlock the wallet. The file you have there looks like it is encrypted, so you will not be able by any means to get the seed from it if it is encrypted. Check around the rest of your files, you might have saved this sequence of words somewhere else
February 27, 2018, 09:34:30 PM

Wallet-json
wallet-log

thanks
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
February 27, 2018, 11:45:21 AM
The storage based on the block technology technology I think will live, it will be a very convenient way of storage.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
February 27, 2018, 11:05:03 AM
29 days 3 hours.... still waiting for my deposit  Huh on Poloniex, not only for the deposit, but no one answered at my ticket...  Angry Angry

I just saw article circlepay bought out poloniex. Word on the street is they will up customer service and do some system upgrades. I’d imagine there will be a bit longer of a delay. Patience is key

BR
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
February 27, 2018, 08:56:41 AM
29 days 3 hours.... still waiting for my deposit  Huh on Poloniex, not only for the deposit, but no one answered at my ticket...  Angry Angry
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
February 27, 2018, 04:55:16 AM
In addition to the problems of Sia, another problem with Bitrix Exchange was added!
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000560871

I've been going through this document and didn't notice something  extraordinary. Can you specify here what is disturbing you?
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
February 27, 2018, 03:42:34 AM
i bought this coin when it was about  70 sat Cheesy

I was mining and trading this coin when it was between 3 and 7 satoshi.
Activity: 102
Merit: 12
February 26, 2018, 08:45:35 PM

Stop the freaking spamming everywhere. You're literally in every thread I open begging for money.

Begging is forbidden on this forum, so if you see him begging her and there and everywhere you can report him to moderator and he will be banned from the forum.
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
February 26, 2018, 06:57:03 PM
is this coin dead or what? what happened to google rumors that Google or Amazon might take over Sia blah blah blah.... This is a great project and very much undervalued.

Looks pretty alive to me see the roadmap: https://trello.com/b/Io1dDyuI/sia-public-roadmap
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
February 26, 2018, 04:51:43 PM
I think any wallet that you can store coins on at your own computer (offline) is safer than keeping any coin on an exchange. Exchanges are for exchanging coins, wallets are to store coins.
Activity: 108
February 26, 2018, 01:21:25 PM
answer the question please! how reliable is the official purse from Sia? Can a chasm or a coin be stolen?
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
February 26, 2018, 01:13:26 PM
I love how to platform of Sia enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. This is a good project.
February 26, 2018, 01:03:30 PM
In addition to the problems of Sia, another problem with Bitrix Exchange was added!
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000560871
Activity: 39
February 26, 2018, 12:47:42 PM
Investors needs more exchanges. Binance is out so Huobi will be great option.
People write threads about that they have problems with wallets and buying sia coins
 They talking about it months but sia team do nothing with this....
Its a lot good exchanges with price will be go up liku Huobi,Bitfinex,OkeX kraken
But for some reason Sia team can not put this coin on more exchanges...Its important right now because we drop -300% from ath.

Activity: 61
February 26, 2018, 12:37:43 PM
is this coin dead or what? what happened to google rumors that Google or Amazon might take over Sia blah blah blah.... This is a great project and very much undervalued.
Activity: 101
February 26, 2018, 10:14:11 AM
Now perhaps and clearer there is a picture in this project. But if to remember year or two back, then many abused the project and turned away from purchase of these coins. Though I think that clever at that time collected and put coins at themselves on a purse.
Never should put coins on exchanges. It is always safer to put in cold wallets or at least computer wallets.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
EVOS
February 26, 2018, 10:09:19 AM
Sia is really developing well, many did not believe in the success of this project, now bite elbows..!
Now perhaps and clearer there is a picture in this project. But if to remember year or two back, then many abused the project and turned away from purchase of these coins. Though I think that clever at that time collected and put coins at themselves on a purse.
February 26, 2018, 10:06:38 AM
how stable is Sia's purse? disappear coins?
Pages:
Jump to: