Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 199. (Read 332099 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
The guessing game is on.

Price is dropping right now, a lot of people want to capitalize now and buy back later - as I did for +-50% of my holding.  I'm hoping for an entry @800-1000 sats, but who knows.

Meanwhile, I will point my miners on a SC pool and get some.

Good luck to you all guys !

I highly doubt we will get down to 800-1000... too many people on the sidelines waiting to buy...
It's been stated by several people, the coin will likely drop in value as the multipools start dumping. 

I will personally wait a bit and hopefully buy up a bunch at lower price point to add to the bunch I already have.

It's a risk, but I think the hash will just be too high to justify renting.

Just my 2 sats.

i wish i sold all mine yesterday and then i would have tons of cash to reinvest, but i guess it will go down more so perhaps its not a bad idea?
what happened to the price??
not good.
I expect it to go down further, probably will reach 1 cent or lower possibly before POW finishes, then it will be a sharp rise back.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy… people start talking about price going down during PoW and others start selling and prices come down.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
It's been stated by several people, the coin will likely drop in value as the multipools start dumping. 

I will personally wait a bit and hopefully buy up a bunch at lower price point to add to the bunch I already have.

Just my 2 sats.

i wish i sold all mine yesterday and then i would have tons of cash to reinvest, but i guess it will go down more so perhaps its not a bad idea?
not good.
I expect it to go down further, probably will reach 1 cent or lower possibly before POW finishes, then it will be a sharp rise back.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10

Just my 2 sats.

not good.
Activity: 741
Merit: 500
+- 7 days (15 000 000 SC).

Activity: 109
How long will the PoW last this last round?
Activity: 130
Activity: 741
The guessing game is on.

Price is dropping right now, a lot of people want to capitalize now and buy back later - as I did for +-50% of my holding.  I'm hoping for an entry @800-1000 sats, but who knows.

Meanwhile, I will point my miners on a SC pool and get some.

Good luck to you all guys !
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

Just my 2 sats.

Activity: 728

Just my 2 sats.

I think you might be right.  The total amount of coins after POW is 30 millionish less than BC and this wallet is way better.  I don't see why it won't go to at least 25k...I don't know if it is rose colored glasses but everything points to buying as low as possible and then waiting for when the 2nd POW ends and the price goes nuts...

I'm still a bit hesitant though as I would have to sell some of the long term coins I am holding in order to buy the amount of SC I want...
Activity: 168

Just my 2 sats.
Activity: 308
Is it worth it to mine without a rented rig?  I imagine that there is going to be a lot of Hash thrown at this...

more profit if you buy coin directly now instead of renting rigs laters.

We are currently @ block 49413 and final PoW stages @ block 50000 or 50001.

The timer above is just an estimate. Please make sure you look at the Statistics section in the wallet for when it will actually start!
Activity: 210
Is it possible to add 2FA to the wallet as another level of security to prevent unwanted transfers from your wallet?
If Dev can introduce 2FA to the wallet as the second level of security, the coin will grow at least 10 times, as per innovation and everybody will copy afterwords .

Agreed. 2FA will be a first in Crypto and hopefully it's not too difficult to implement something like Google 2FA.

I think this is a great idea. Improved 2FA security can add yet another great valuable feature to this great coin and attract even more people to our great coin!

Silk Coin Devs, would you be interested in looking into implement such a feature?

I would love to see 2FA. Awesome feature that will improve dramatically security of our investments

It's cool to suggest something that people like Smiley I am happy Smiley
Activity: 728
Is it worth it to mine without a rented rig?  I imagine that there is going to be a lot of Hash thrown at this...
Activity: 490
Is it possible to add 2FA to the wallet as another level of security to prevent unwanted transfers from your wallet?
If Dev can introduce 2FA to the wallet as the second level of security, the coin will grow at least 10 times, as per innovation and everybody will copy afterwords .

Agreed. 2FA will be a first in Crypto and hopefully it's not too difficult to implement something like Google 2FA.

I think this is a great idea. Improved 2FA security can add yet another great valuable feature to this great coin and attract even more people to our great coin!

Silk Coin Devs, would you be interested in looking into implement such a feature?

I would love to see 2FA. Awesome feature that will improve dramatically security of our investments
Activity: 490
Hi. I'm kind of new to mining, so I was wondering if someone could explain how to solo mine in case the pools go down. I'm actually renting a rig so don't have access to the actual hardware. I've seen pools get DDOS'd at a coin launch before.

Solo is when new coin starts and there is no pools ready/available for mining.
SilkCoin is quiet known on "scene" I mined SC on XHASH.net on first POW stage, and never have problems with this pool, it's my favorite.

Hire a rig, register on pool setup workers and wait for start at 50K block
Mining will end on 60K
Activity: 364
It's also just a direct fork of Blackcoin. The addresses even start with B.

I think its better to begin the addresses's with S instead of B to prevent these kind of clone accusations.

Just checked the source code:
I saw PUBKEY_ADDRESS = 25, line 279 in the base58.h file. 25 means it should begin with S, so its already been changed but the wallet still
starts each address with B.

I think the devs need to do a full re-compilation or something?

Anyway its not a big deal.

are not all coins forked from other coins?

Q
Jump to: