Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 217. (Read 332099 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
i think this is the best wallet in crypto
where is a good pool for 2. pow?
i am mining only 600 coins, because i late start mining in first pow
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Is the price dip expected after POW or during?

This coin has such a great team behind it, the potential is just huge.
YES
Activity: 285
Merit: 100
Is the price dip expected after POW or during?

This coin has such a great team behind it, the potential is just huge.
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
i have 5 MH/s scrypt miner  ready for the next SC POW phase

when do we start?
Activity: 131
I created silkcoin.conf file with the nodes in 1st post but my wallet has 0 connections.

Any ideas?
Activity: 187
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Hi Devs,

Love your coin.  Perhaps this question was asked before, but why did you guys plan the hardfork.  I saw on page 1 there was a reduce of 15 million coins in stage 3?  Does that affect the absolute total?

Thanks,
Boestin
We reduced the block reward in the best interests of the community. If you look through the thread you'll find numerous posts which ask for the block reward to be reduced for the 2nd PoW phase and a few even wanting to scrap it altogether. We compromised and reduced the block reward to 2500 from 5000, limiting the dumping from multipools in the process as well as appeasing both our current community and the miners who will be mining during the 2nd PoW phase.

With regards to the total coin supply, it now means that after the 2nd PoW phase there will be around 45 Million SC instead of 60 Million.

A large chunk of my coins went into staking, how do I get them back to the balance to become available? The price of SC has gone up enough for me to sell and make enough to buy back in and increase the amount of SC I have. But can't do that with a large portion of it staking.

you cannot do it retrospectively

you can tell the wallet to not stake a certain amount of coins and they will remain spendable in balance..

SETTINGS....MAIN....'reserve' type the number of coins you DO NOT wish to stake here

Your coins get returned pretty quickly so they should go back to your balance soon anyway

How long do you think? Still waiting and the price is up even more and would like to sell and rebuy on the next down leg to get more SC

i dont know m8 , not sure on exactly how it works just i noticed mine get returned quick , why so eager to dump? this might be the cheapest ever :p
Buy support has increased by 5 BTC in less than 30 minutes. There's quite a bit of support at 2500 Satoshis and above. This all indicates that market demand is rising, and people are looking to enter the market. This will only increase with the amount of exposure from the second PoW phase.

A 2 BTC sell just occurred on Poloniex and dropped the price to 2700 Satoshis, within minutes another 1.5 BTC worth of buy orders appeared above 2800 Satoshis, that in itself shows how great the demand is getting.
Activity: 644
I can't wait for the next PoW phase. Grin
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hi Devs,

Love your coin.  Perhaps this question was asked before, but why did you guys plan the hardfork.  I saw on page 1 there was a reduce of 15 million coins in stage 3?  Does that affect the absolute total?

Thanks,
Boestin
We reduced the block reward in the best interests of the community. If you look through the thread you'll find numerous posts which ask for the block reward to be reduced for the 2nd PoW phase and a few even wanting to scrap it altogether. We compromised and reduced the block reward to 2500 from 5000, limiting the dumping from multipools in the process as well as appeasing both our current community and the miners who will be mining during the 2nd PoW phase.

With regards to the total coin supply, it now means that after the 2nd PoW phase there will be around 45 Million SC instead of 60 Million.

A large chunk of my coins went into staking, how do I get them back to the balance to become available? The price of SC has gone up enough for me to sell and make enough to buy back in and increase the amount of SC I have. But can't do that with a large portion of it staking.

you can tell the wallet to not stake a certain amount of coins and they will remain spendable in balance..

SETTINGS....MAIN....'reserve' type the number of coins you DO NOT wish to stake here

Your coins get returned pretty quickly so they should go back to your balance soon anyway

How long do you think? Still waiting and the price is up even more and would like to sell and rebuy on the next down leg to get more SC

i dont know m8 , not sure on exactly how it works just i noticed mine get returned quick , why so eager to dump? this might be the cheapest ever :p

look at buy support compared to Sellers .. u might be glad in an hour when the wallet wouldn't give you your coins
Activity: 56
Hi Devs,

Thanks,
Boestin

Hi Devs,

Thanks,
Boestin

thank you sir
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hi Devs,

Thanks,
Boestin

Hi Devs,

Thanks,
Boestin

Hi Devs,

Thanks,
Boestin

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hi Devs,

Love your coin.  Perhaps this question was asked before, but why did you guys plan the hardfork.  I saw on page 1 there was a reduce of 15 million coins in stage 3?  Does that affect the absolute total?

Thanks,
Boestin
Great. Thanks for your help Wulfcastle!
No problem bud, and as fusion said, remember to have backup pools in case one goes down.
Activity: 47
I would like to point my miners at a dedicated pool for the next POW stage but I may be at work when we hit block 50,000.

I don't want to miss the start so is it OK to point my miners at a pool a few hours before the POW stage starts?

A much easier solution would be to have your favorite Silkcoin pool first in your config file and another scrypt coin pool second and use that configuration right now.

Mining software such as sgminer/cgminer will check the first pool and if it doesn't work, will automatically go to the second pool.

Meaning, that from now until Silkcoin pool will be up again, sgminer/cgminer will use the second pool and as it checks every 1 to 5 minutes if the first pool is alive or not, will automatically switch to the Silkcoin pool whenever it is up.
Activity: 140

And make sure you have backup pools just in case
I would like to point my miners at a dedicated pool for the next POW stage but I may be at work when we hit block 50,000.

I don't want to miss the start so is it OK to point my miners at a pool a few hours before the POW stage starts?
As far as I know, that's fine. Though you won't be submitting any shares until the PoW stage starts.
Jump to: