Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 219. (Read 332099 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Any chance of fitting in a link to a countdown clock on the OP for when exactly the second POW stage begins?

+1 I was wondering that myself
Activity: 364
I downloaded your wallet yesterday from silk-coin.com v 1.0.9.0 (extremely well done btw.) I let the wallet run all night and it still hasn't synced; it usually only takes a couple hours with a new wallet. Any suggestions?

Also, I own an ebay/Amazon style goods market, https://earthazaar.com, where members can buy or sell (or auction) products for cryptos. Perhaps we can collaborate? If interested pm me.

I know its an obvious question but... did you add

addnode=107.170.61.197
addnode=107.170.73.238

to the .conf?

Q
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
Any chance of fitting in a link to a countdown clock on the OP for when exactly the second POW stage begins?
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
13th place,  #8479 vote, go SilkCoin, go!
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
I downloaded your wallet yesterday from silk-coin.com v 1.0.9.0 (extremely well done btw.) I let the wallet run all night and it still hasn't synced; it usually only takes a couple hours with a new wallet. Any suggestions?

Also, I own an ebay/Amazon style goods market, https://earthazaar.com, where members can buy or sell (or auction) products for cryptos. Perhaps we can collaborate? If interested pm me.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Well done all 13th ! Getting so close!

keep voting , we will be 9th in no time!

VOTE FOR US .. !! Please!

Closing in on 9000 votes

https://silk.suprnova.cc

has been updated to the latest wallet and is ready for the fork and the new mining phase.

Mine with https://silk.suprnova.cc as soon as PoW starts again !
Great! The second PoW phase is fast approaching. Only a few days left before it starts.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

https://silk.suprnova.cc

has been updated to the latest wallet and is ready for the fork and the new mining phase.

Mine with https://silk.suprnova.cc as soon as PoW starts again !

Well done all 13th ! Getting so close!

keep voting , we will be 9th in no time!

VOTE FOR US .. !! Please!

⚠  ⚠   Wallet Update - HARD FORK - UPDATE MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE  ⚠  ⚠
Mac, Windows & Linux available NOW fully compatible & BEAUTIFUL

As you may all know we finally decided to reduce the block reward in the next POW phase to please the community. There was a lot of arguments for and against the last phase so to please everyone since both sides had very valid points we decided to keep the last phase BUT reduce the block reward to 2500. So there will be 2x less coins generated in the last phase.

Total expected coins at the end of last phase : ~45 million

EVERYONE MUST UPDATE BEFORE POW, else you may send transactions on the wrong chain and lose your coins.
We deleted all pools from the OP, when you updated your client post in the thread we will add you back to the original post and website.

So now let's see this new version, better than words :

We worked very hard to release this update so fast fully compatible on all OS, we will now have more free time to get you updates from the eco-system front !

A white paper is in the writing but the system we're building is so complex the white paper will be quite long.
Just a few word this time, no this is not a darknet more a social network with unique usernames stored in the blockchain and all kind of infos shared via p2p everything working with pub/priv keys.

We'll give more and more infos quite soon so even before the whitepaper you all start to understand the way this system functions, for the moment enjoy the new update and..

Spread the word : MANDATORY UPDATE BEFORE POW BLOCK 50 000 OR RISK LOSING COINS

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

wow please stop spamming other coins' threads. where's the honor in that?

I'm pretty sure he is hinting at suggesting to the silkcoin devs that they should consider using honorcoin as an option for promoting the silkcoin as being anon. They can do this without taking resources away from pirority development. that is if this turns out to be worthwhile(honorcoin anon airdrop).

Silkcoins are generated via two different ways.
1. Mining: this is when your computer or machine generate "Proof of Work" (POW) blocks similar to Bitcoin.
2. Staking: this is when the coins in your wallet generate "Proof of Stake" (POS) blocks.

Let me explain "Proof Of Stake" in more detail:

Your coins have what we call coin-age.
They start gaining age if they stay in your wallet for 12 hours. Your stake weight is the accumulated age of the coins you have.
Before those 12 hours, coins don't get age so you won't be able to hit a Stake Block.
Your coins always gain coin-age even if your wallet is closed, but to hit a Stake Block you need to have your wallet open.
To see how much time is needed to hit a Stake Block just hover your cursor over the lightning icon in the wallet: it will tell you the expected time.
But beware, like POW blocks, the chance of hitting a POS block is a bit random so expected time may be lower or higher.

This is when your coin-age is important. The more accumulated coin-age you have, the higher the chance of hitting a Stake Block.
Once you hit this block and gain interest, coins that have been used have their coin-age reset: they are moved to "stake" and blocked (you can't use them) for 350 blocks.

Interest is fixed at 2% per year, but since coins start gaining age 12 hours after creation, with compound interest this percentage turns out to be much higher.

Some options available to handle day to day staking:

In settings->options you can set Reserve balance (it's the amount you don't want to stake)
In settings->options->display you can tick coin control, so you can control which coin you send (don't send old coins)
If you encrypted your wallet, you can unlock it in settings. There is an option to unlock only for the purpose of staking.

Nice contribution. Easier to read for me.

13 on mintpal its moving up fast

Could be a very good option indeed, but what about Zerocoin?
How do the two compare?
From what the Devs have stated, they are working on implementing zerocoin for silkcoin very soon.
I think Blackcoin is doing the same thing.

I think anyone is very foolish holding onto darkcoin long term, its bubble is about to burst once the majority of coins have anonymity implemented. X11 is the only other thing that makes it special.

XC and Monero both do a batter job than darkcoin hands down.
Activity: 56
I just love the idea of the "Silcoin Marketplae" I just picture this bustling bazaar with cool awesome goods from all corners of the internet. Would really to see something like this integrated.
Activity: 14

I'm pretty sure he is hinting at suggesting to the silkcoin devs that they should consider using honorcoin as an option for promoting the silkcoin as being anon. They can do this without taking resources away from pirority development. that is if this turns out to be worthwhile(honorcoin anon airdrop).

1. Mining: this is when your computer or machine generate "Proof of Work" (POW) blocks similar to Bitcoin.
2. Staking: this is when the coins in your wallet generate "Proof of Stake" (POS) blocks.

They start gaining age if they stay in your wallet for 12 hours. Your stake weight is the accumulated age of the coins you have.
Before those 12 hours, coins don't get age so you won't be able to hit a Stake Block.
Your coins always gain coin-age even if your wallet is closed, but to hit a Stake Block you need to have your wallet open.
To see how much time is needed to hit a Stake Block just hover your cursor over the lightning icon in the wallet: it will tell you the expected time.
But beware, like POW blocks, the chance of hitting a POS block is a bit random so expected time may be lower or higher.

This is when your coin-age is important. The more accumulated coin-age you have, the higher the chance of hitting a Stake Block.
Once you hit this block and gain interest, coins that have been used have their coin-age reset: they are moved to "stake" and blocked (you can't use them) for 350 blocks.

Interest is fixed at 2% per year, but since coins start gaining age 12 hours after creation, with compound interest this percentage turns out to be much higher.

In settings->options you can set Reserve balance (it's the amount you don't want to stake)
In settings->options->display you can tick coin control, so you can control which coin you send (don't send old coins)
If you encrypted your wallet, you can unlock it in settings. There is an option to unlock only for the purpose of staking.

Nice contribution. Easier to read for me.

13 on mintpal its moving up fast
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Activity: 280
I have taken the liberty of proofreading and altering the grammar and spelling a little bit for one of the info sections in the wallet.
Minor things just to make it a bit easier to read.
There is also reference to stacking instead of staking. Capitalization is also made more consistent.
Please use or don't use as you please.

This is the original:

As you may already know, Silkcoin are generated via two different ways. One of them is mining with a computer or a machine generating Proof Of Work blocks, and the other one is staking : generating Proof Of Stake blocks with your coins.
Let me explain Proof Of Stake more in details..
Your coins have what we call coin-age they start gaining age if they stay still during 12 hours in your wallet, your stake weight is the cumulated coin age you have. Before those 12 hours, coins don't get old so you won't be able to hit a Stake Block.
Your coins always gain coin-age even if your wallet is closed. But to hit a Stake Block you need to have your wallet open.
To see how much time is needed to hit a stake block just hover the lightning icon in the wallet it will tell you the expected time. But beware, like POW blocks, POS blocks are a bit random so expected time may be lower or higher.
This is when your coin-age is important. The more cumulated coin-age you got, the more chances you have of hitting a stake block. Once you hit this block and gain interest, coins which have been used have their coin-age reset, are moved to stake and blocked for 350 blocks.
Interest is fixed at 2% per year, but since coin start gaining age 12 hours after with compound interest this percentage is much higher.
Some options available to handle day to day staking :
In settings->options you can set Reservebalance (it's the amount you don't want to stack)
In settings->options->display you can tick coin control, so you can control what coin you send (don't send old coins)
In settings you can unlock wallet for staking only if you encrypted it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the edit:

In settings->options you can set Reservebalance (it's the amount you don't want to stake)
Activity: 14
let me see it , :)the best wallet
Activity: 238
I bought 500k SC at 0.00001 and sold it at below 0.00002 ... Now I regret that because it is really hard now to acquire such a big position. I really like the energy of this community. If there is a big correction, I might join back in!

Just buy in now and get people to panic buy and boost the price even more Smiley

My investment philosophy is to never buy coins that performed well in the last few days/weeks. The potential return of those coins is way lower than new/unknown coins. But I gladly rebuy in correctional phases, because if this currency is really implementing second generation features, this might get huge!

Well when aur went 10x from 1USD to 10 USD Your strategy would be not to invest..well aur went 10x more even after that though :-)

Same might be with Silkcoin. I understand you want buy in again in correction phase, but trust me, there wont be any. Many people are waiting for this. Including me and I can purchase a lot.

Silkcoin is something unique, we are not riding the "anon wave" but if we would Silkcoin would rival darkcoin.

This coin has great devs (and team - looking at you judge and wulf!) + passionate community. There is so little toxicity in this thread it is amazing. Propably because there is so much work done around Silkcoin. Just look fast are voting on mintpal!

You might want to wait, but one new feature + mintpal and Silkcoin will explode. And then it will be too late.
Let's not forget Quantum Wink

What is Quantum?

Quantum is a very dedicated member of the Silk Team Smiley
Activity: 644
I think this wallet development is more interesting than anon. Nice job so far!
Activity: 178
My thoughts on Silkcoin and the next POW.  I was lucky enough to mine silkcoin on ipominer.com  from the very first. I have five rigs GPU mining with a total of 8 MgH. I was getting around 1000-1500 coins a day.  I dont think very many people were renting RIGs to mine it because it was right after Whitecoin  and Asiacoin, and  evryone saw it as a pump and dump. This next POW will be much diffrent. I would be suprised if anyone will have a RIG for rent. I think there will be 10 times the GH on it on this next POW. That means that I will be getting around 100-150 coins a day. You can do the math on this. Miners will have to cover their costs. Silk coin will go upto 8000 or 9000 satoshi just from the mininers trying to sell for what they have put in it. I watched it go down to 500sat  and all the way to 3500sat. I feel that even at 3500 sat Silkcoin is very underpriced. It is on par with Blackcoin for sure and that is trading 27000 sat.  Just my thoughts. I say BUY,BUY,BUY!!!
Jump to: