Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 221. (Read 332099 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

⚠  ⚠   Wallet Update - HARD FORK - UPDATE MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE  ⚠  ⚠
Mac, Windows & Linux available NOW fully compatible & BEAUTIFUL

As you may all know we finally decided to reduce the block reward in the next POW phase to please the community. There was a lot of arguments for and against the last phase so to please everyone since both sides had very valid points we decided to keep the last phase BUT reduce the block reward to 2500. So there will be 2x less coins generated in the last phase.

Total expected coins at the end of last phase : ~45 million

EVERYONE MUST UPDATE BEFORE POW, else you may send transactions on the wrong chain and lose your coins.
We deleted all pools from the OP, when you updated your client post in the thread we will add you back to the original post and website.

So now let's see this new version, better than words :

We worked very hard to release this update so fast fully compatible on all OS, we will now have more free time to get you updates from the eco-system front !

A white paper is in the writing but the system we're building is so complex the white paper will be quite long.
Just a few word this time, no this is not a darknet more a social network with unique usernames stored in the blockchain and all kind of infos shared via p2p everything working with pub/priv keys.

We'll give more and more infos quite soon so even before the whitepaper you all start to understand the way this system functions, for the moment enjoy the new update and..

Spread the word : MANDATORY UPDATE BEFORE POW BLOCK 50 000 OR RISK LOSING COINS

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019
I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
I bought 500k SC at 0.00001 and sold it at below 0.00002 ... Now I regret that because it is really hard now to acquire such a big position. I really like the energy of this community. If there is a big correction, I might join back in!

Just buy in now and get people to panic buy and boost the price even more Smiley

My investment philosophy is to never buy coins that performed well in the last few days/weeks. The potential return of those coins is way lower than new/unknown coins. But I gladly rebuy in correctional phases, because if this currency is really implementing second generation features, this might get huge!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I bought 500k SC at 0.00001 and sold it at below 0.00002 ... Now I regret that because it is really hard now to acquire such a big position. I really like the energy of this community. If there is a big correction, I might join back in!

Just buy in now and get people to panic buy and boost the price even more Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com

got a question, I just bought a ton of SC at .01 each but after fee each one is showing in my trade history as Total BTC .09999999999 do those still count?

I think they may not .. you need to contact poloniex as they are in charge of the amounts/statistics .. We just provided the oculus and the idea ( thanx Wulfcastle!)

Polo mod says they count.. whew Smiley Not like I will win, but at least wanted them to count to give me a shot Smiley

glad to hear this Smiley you never know Wink

I dream of virtual sheep..

got a question, I just bought a ton of SC at .01 each but after fee each one is showing in my trade history as Total BTC .09999999999 do those still count?

I think they may not .. you need to contact poloniex as they are in charge of the amounts/statistics .. We just provided the oculus and the idea ( thanx Wulfcastle!)

Polo mod says they count.. whew Smiley Not like I will win, but at least wanted them to count to give me a shot Smiley

The march to top 10 has started who will march proudly with us?

VOTE FOR US .. !! Please!

Announcement

Win an Oculus Rift on Poloniex by Trading SilkCoin

http://i62.tinypic.com/igykwy.png

Details

1. Any single trade on the SC/BTC market valued at 0.01 BTC or greater constitutes one entry into the competition

2. The number of trades made is important as it constitutes an entry into the competition. Volume is inconsequential. For example, 5 trades each with a value of 0.01 BTC will get you 5 entries, whereas 1 trade with a value of 0.05 BTC will get you 1 entry.

3. The more entries you make, the greater your chances of winning the competition

4. The competition runs from 05 June 2014 until the start of SilkCoin's 2nd PoW phase, projected to be on 12 June 2014

5. A winner will be randomly picked from the pool of entries

6. The winner will be announced by Poloniex at the end of the competition

Here's where to find info about the competition on Poloniex :

http://i59.tinypic.com/ephncn.png

*This is the first of 3 major announcements that will be coming in the next 2 days!

Activity: 812
Merit: 500
Article for Silkcoin Update posted :
http://247cryptonews.com/silkcoin-mandatory-update-new-gui-reduced-block-rewards-and-supply-cap/

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/27gzpf/silkcoin_mandatory_update_new_gui_reduced_block/ If anyone want can please give an Upvote ? Thanks !

Now we are going to be sure that nobody will fork ! I have let known some of my friends too that had SilkCoin and they are pretty impressed with the new GUI change too . I am wonder the effect of reduced blocks and caps .
Activity: 546
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
]

good article and it will make more people know the coin, thanks so much,
Activity: 1050
Merit: 251
wow! new wallet is awesome
Just made a quick little snippet on Silkcoin, on my blog.

http://mylifemyart.net/silkcoin-a-breath-of-fresh-air/

Thanks for this great review, by the way I think this is the most accurate quote ever written about the eco-system : "a new feature called the “eco-system”, a web interface that connects to the blockchain network, allowing users to interact in a censor-free world." Can you send me your address or put it in your sig so I can also send a bounty?

Usernames will be unique and registered into the blockchain which means there will be no authority handling registration, it will be just like transactions : irreversible. Then, the blockchain will link your username to your pubkey, link which will be shown to the public -> this how people will be able to get in touch with you through the network (ps : you will be able to sell or give your username to anyone). Btw you will also be able to send transactions directly to usernames, this is major for adoption : no more hashes everywhere.
The registration part is almost fully functionnal, we may include it into the blockchain prior to the launch of the eco-system so people may reserve their names and like that we'll limit the registration spike that will occur at eco-system launch.

Oh and please don't put too much statements about when we release it, it is VERY hard to put a timeframe on this kind of dev that's why we didn't want to unveil it at first. We expect it to be ready in a bit more than a month (maybe 2) but nothing is sure and we still have a lot of coding and testing to do and this is brand NEW and untested so we have to test every single aspect before releasing it. But don't worry we'll post more and more infos, and one day you'll know so much about this system you'll know it's ready for release Smiley. Next big step here is the release of the white paper, but in the meantime I'll be feeding you once in a while with more details !

More infos soon..

I removed the ETA.

Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to further updates!
Thanks Hamiltino
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
PoW will hit big time SC value - but I do hope it will only be a short term threat.  Im quite happy we reduced the reward - but still, it's a huge increase in supply.  I do like the fact that more and more people will see the word "SilkCoin" and look at the features. 

I personnaly expect to see a sub 1k dive - and I'll spend 3-4 btcs within this range (and 2-3 Bitcoins in the 1300-1500 range).

Good luck to you guys !
+1
whenever I saw SC below 1k I was buying, good coin good future.  POW I agree may take it down there again but wow what a buying opp!  I have my BTC ready

I have been through the first PoW absorbing 30 Mil Coins in 7 days.  During first PoW I had purchased for 2500 sat and it dove to less than 500 sat.  I don't anticipate it will be that bad since there is more knowledge out now about Silk.  At the time most probably saw it as another Pump and Dump.

There will be some bargains to be had for sure.  I don't think they will last long as most people are probably planning to scoop them up.  Once the second PoW phase complete we will see the true growth potential for Silk Coin.

It will be amazing! Smiley

Judge Crypto
Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Thanks for this great review, by the way I think this is the most accurate quote ever written about the eco-system : "a new feature called the “eco-system”, a web interface that connects to the blockchain network, allowing users to interact in a censor-free world." Can you send me your address or put it in your sig so I can also send a bounty?

Usernames will be unique and registered into the blockchain which means there will be no authority handling registration, it will be just like transactions : irreversible. Then, the blockchain will link your username to your pubkey, link which will be shown to the public -> this how people will be able to get in touch with you through the network (ps : you will be able to sell or give your username to anyone). Btw you will also be able to send transactions directly to usernames, this is major for adoption : no more hashes everywhere.
The registration part is almost fully functionnal, we may include it into the blockchain prior to the launch of the eco-system so people may reserve their names and like that we'll limit the registration spike that will occur at eco-system launch.

Oh and please don't put too much statements about when we release it, it is VERY hard to put a timeframe on this kind of dev that's why we didn't want to unveil it at first. We expect it to be ready in a bit more than a month (maybe 2) but nothing is sure and we still have a lot of coding and testing to do and this is brand NEW and untested so we have to test every single aspect before releasing it. But don't worry we'll post more and more infos, and one day you'll know so much about this system you'll know it's ready for release Smiley. Next big step here is the release of the white paper, but in the meantime I'll be feeding you once in a while with more details !

More infos soon..

Site: http://xhash.net
Pool address: stratum+tcp://pool.xhash.net:3367

Wallet Updated

• Over 25 coins
  • Single registration
  • Create workers once
  • DDOS Protected
  • TrollBox
  • VARDIFF
  • Prop payouts
  • Fees 1%

Great, we'll update this in the opening post.
Activity: 252
xHash.net Pools

Site: http://xhash.net
Pool address: stratum+tcp://pool.xhash.net:3367

Wallet Updated

• Over 25 coins
  • Single registration
  • Create workers once
  • DDOS Protected
  • TrollBox
  • VARDIFF
  • Prop payouts
  • Fees 1%

Good stuff hamiltino, keep it up!
Jump to: