Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 62. (Read 332094 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Btw i hope the dude that showed us how panic sells work is happy with the SC price atm.

Whats the point for triggering panic sells and starting a downtrend on a coin you support?

If you dont have enough BTC to keep the price up then dont try to trigger panic sells because you will burn yourself.

Anyway thank you very much for trippling my coin stack in the last 2 days. Just keep selling your coins into my buy walls. I will be happy to sell half in a few weeks so i have a free entry on the SC market Smiley

Couldn't agree more!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Also dumping some warbtc's in my wallet...time to buy Smiley
Btw i hope the dude that showed us how panic sells work is happy with the SC price atm.

Whats the point for triggering panic sells and starting a downtrend on a coin you support?

If you dont have enough BTC to keep the price up then dont try to trigger panic sells because you will burn yourself.

Anyway thank you very much for trippling my coin stack in the last 2 days. Just keep selling your coins into my buy walls. I will be happy to sell half in a few weeks so i have a free entry on the SC market Smiley

Price recovery depends entirely on the p&d groups, but SC is a good target for them. As long as the devs keep delivering I'm not panicking.
Why is reddit so silent? Subscribe there, people!

www.reddit.com/r/silkcoinofficial/
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
I have the same problem
Activity: 436
Merit: 250

So you have to ask yourself.  What is Silk coin doing that is creating UTILITY?  What is it doing that other coins are not doing?  

And.... What is Silkcoin NOT doing that other coins are doing?

- BIP 0021 "URI Scheme" to enable payments by clicking on link or scanning QR code
- BIP 0070 "Payment Protocol" for better communication between merchant & customer

As a web developer in the finance industry, I see these 2 BIPs as vital for any crypto currency that wants to have merchant services built upon it.

Quoted to increase chance of dev notice.
Thanks FredDag.

Correct me if im wrong but we already have build in QR code support. You can check it on the Send/Receive tab (Show QR)

Hi Kalisto... I didn't see this post earlier.

From what I can see (I hit a missing dll error on 9.0.2), the QR support is only partial...
You should be able to copy & paste the qr "silkcoin:xxxxx"  link into a web browser address bar (or use in an html tag) & it opens the Silkcoin wallet, pre-populating the payment transaction with the details from the link.  I get a "protocol not associated with application" error when i try this.
Is that working for anyone else?
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
I know if your a long term holder it's better to focus on the product than the price, but I can't help it.

Price seems so out of whack to me with so many clones and shit coins out there. It reminds of something I read where bond traders ascribed any market phenomena they couldn't explain to "the Arabs".

I know what you feel, just ignore the price at the moment, use it to buy more if it goes any lower. That's what I do Smiley

I hope the wallet update from today can bring some positive vibe, current price is way too low, look at the sell orders, only tiny orders, and noobs still keep selling. It will only take a few btc to bring it to 0.00003

Activity: 280

I really hope the devs will continue by building great core functionality on top of the great looking wallet.

As far as objectives go, I would hope to see....

1. - Core update...

then...

2. - SC Eco-System updates.

Alot of thought & work, from alot of smart people, went into the Bitcoin Core update... Running on anything less makes no sense.
The new Core code is MUCH more suitable for online merchant services & offers MUCH improved usability.
Once this updated core functionality is available, Silkcoin would be much more attractive to web developers.

In this way the SC devs could focus on improving wallet functionality at the same time as web devs build external functionality.

That is my opinion, as a senior web developer in the financial sector.

I feel this needs to be brought to dev attention.
I suspect they are working on things in parallel but I agree this should be a priority.
They might have a reason for choosing to use it like it is currently but that would also be good to shed some light on.
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Would be cool to have a Silk Debit Card, imagine using this to pay world wide without having to worry about frozen balances, and also without some one knowing your personal info.

Is there some one with the right contacts that can get this off the ground?

Have you checked into CoinKite? Also seems like a lot of small companies in Canada are interested in "cryptocoin services". Don't know why.
I know if your a long term holder it's better to focus on the product than the price, but I can't help it.

Price seems so out of whack to me with so many clones and shit coins out there. It reminds of something I read where bond traders ascribed any market phenomena they couldn't explain to "the Arabs".
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Would be cool to have a Silk Debit Card, imagine using this to pay world wide without having to worry about frozen balances, and also without some one knowing your personal info.

Is there some one with the right contacts that can get this off the ground?
The market cap of PotCoin is twice as much as Silk.  Roll Eyes

Even if you like pot any self respecting pot dealer would prefer his payments in Silk.
Activity: 436
Jacqul, sorry if I mistook your post.

I agree with you.  In the long run we need to transition to a more sustainable funding method. The premine is just a starter fund.   We can have more discussions on this later.

Silk has hard working dedicated people on the team and in the community.  We can take this to the next level.

I think we should as a community start organizing objectives too.  Like maybe trying to get a payment processor aboard.  Stuff like that.

Stay strong.  I am with you guys!

I really hope the devs will continue by building great core functionality on top of the great looking wallet.

As far as objectives go, I would hope to see....

1. - Core update...

then...

2. - SC Eco-System updates.

Alot of thought & work, from alot of smart people, went into the Bitcoin Core update... Running on anything less makes no sense.
The new Core code is MUCH more suitable for online merchant services & offers MUCH improved usability.
Once this updated core functionality is available, Silkcoin would be much more attractive to web developers.

In this way the SC devs could focus on improving wallet functionality at the same time as web devs build external functionality.

That is my opinion, as a senior web developer in the financial sector.
Who killed the price?

I'm long term holding. Either the market's insane or I am.  Huh
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
This is incredibly exciting.
Thanks also to the recent visitors in the thread.

There is basically no trading going on at the moment. Less than $100k per day is immaterial.
The reason for this is that people who wanted a stake in the coin already mostly bought in.

Some people along for the ride bought on the upswing with increased exposure prior to Mintpal listing and the second POW.
I can imagine, especially if people bought at 4000sats, that they might want to jump out now too.
This might be people who never actually took the coins off the exchange and into their wallets.

With an ecosystem as proposed by dev team, this will change things.

I am actually hoping someone can start using this thread for technical discussion etc rather than just the pro/con debate of peripheral things that has been the main focus recently.

Totally agree!! We as a community should collaborate not fight, like it was about a month ago. Let's bring the positive vibes back people Cheesy we need some mojo here!

So main question, what can we do as a community..... Is there a facebook and reddit page / bot, maybe we can help getting those more active?

We just have one small troll to deal with that keeps painting crap on the building wall because he failed as an investor. He is getting dealt with by the mods.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

There is basically no trading going on at the moment. Less than $100k per day is immaterial.
The reason for this is that people who wanted a stake in the coin already mostly bought in.

Some people along for the ride bought on the upswing with increased exposure prior to Mintpal listing and the second POW.
I can imagine, especially if people bought at 4000sats, that they might want to jump out now too.
This might be people who never actually took the coins off the exchange and into their wallets.

I am actually hoping someone can start using this thread for technical discussion etc rather than just the pro/con debate of peripheral things that has been the main focus recently.

Exactly, there is alot i want to know about this coin, but its a pain to have to flick through all the FUDsters and trolls posts.
It will be interesting to see how the social networking side of things goes, and from what i understand, the wallet is going to have its own exchanger built in eventually, so you can exchange to and fro to BTC and make and recieve BTC payments and then convert it back to SC!
Activity: 162

Totally agree!! We as a community should collaborate not fight, like it was about a month ago. Let's bring the positive vibes back people Cheesy we need some mojo here!

So main question, what can we do as a community..... Is there a facebook and reddit page / bot, maybe we can help getting those more active?
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
I don't think people wants to pay the devs when the price is only dropping, sad but true. If the price did some increase (which it didn't do for weeks) then people would probably donate something. Now everyone is just loosing money if you did not invest when it was at 500 sat.

You only lose money if you sell.  People staring at the market 24 hours a day is the problem.  The long term outlook is bright for silk.  Any whale with bitcoin can move a market temporarily, hire some fudders to create panic and generally manipulate a market.

If you are investing, invest... let the devs dev.  You will make out in the long run.

Sure, same thing happened to blackcoin price, and to a lot of other coins that just died after such massive down pressure. I guess time will tell if the agenda is pure. I guess it is pretty difficult not to look at price since it has been going down since it hit mintpal. I believe in this coin, and I hope I'm not wrong about it.

Stay true.  I have seen the internal team discussions.  They are hard working people.   We need to support the team instead of causing them to deal with all these dead end forum posts.  We should be thanking them for actually working on innovations.

True, price is not reflecting the coins innovation. Anyways volume is quite low, it is normal for price to go down then. I just don't understand the people selling at 1400 sat when 1 btc will bring price back to 3k. I guess it is a matter of time we will stay at this level. But who knows, I thought 4k were some kind of floor also. BC got a lot of fud etc that drove price down to 250. Nothing is impossible.

The markets are down all across the board forcing this down even farther. You only lose when you sell. ride it out.
Activity: 462
I'm gonna clean up this town
Finally, to kalisto, the 13-year-old pimple-faced idiot who keeps messaging me about how him and his buddies are going to track me down and "fight" me - you better hurry up, Dick Tracy

Grin

By the way, you guys can thank me for talking MEGAman down. I think we can all agree we've heard what he has to say. Sometimes the key is a private discussion framing the situation. His main issue is in his delivery - I read his posts and, despite typically containing some good information, it's laced with senseless rage. Seriously - pure rage! It's important to look at every situation from both sides and he was completely rejecting the viewpoint and feelings of the people invested in this thing. Bad investment or not, they made the decision and 100 pages of ranting like a lunatic is of no benefit to anybody. When he told me to come check out this coin I had no idea what I was walking into. Hopefully he can resist the urge to continue and hopefully everybody learns something from this experience. Best of luck to you guys - this thread is a disaster but I could only dream of having a community this dedicated.

Thanks for talking him down. I only needed to find out some details where he lives and he was stupid enough to tell me he lives in Bozeman. Anyway im busy collecting more evidence so we can fill a report against him at the authorities for extortion.

I did report your threats, as entertaining as they were, to the forum mods. In other news, if anybody was curious, this guy is bragging about being a 41-year-old running a Warez group who is a self-made millionaire due to his elite altcoin trading. Translation: either this guy is 13 years old or a child molester.

Impressive work, Columbo - I'm sure looking into a firebugged screenshot will be the FBI's top priority. I like to picture this dipshit holding a little notepad and one of those golf pencils in his carny hands.
Pages:
Jump to: