Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Slimcoin : Proof of Burn NEW BLOCK GEN, Mineable by low power computer! - page 2. (Read 284890 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
and again going to be delisted on c-cex..
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
mine is stuck at 111988 after I've started blockchain redownload....

We need someone to review the code

I remember that my client also got stuck at 111988, and that there were some other people having this problem too. I solved it downloading the last snapshot from slimcoin.club and a snapshot provided by masterofdisaster.

I would suggest to fill issues in the Github site. But which one? https://github.com/kryptoslab/slimcoin, https://github.com/tbartlett0/slimcoin or https://github.com/gjhiggins/Slimcoin ? Perhaps we should try to contact these three to see where to post the "official" bug reports.
Activity: 216
Merit: 102
mine is stuck at 111988 after I've started blockchain redownload....

We need someone to review the code
legendary
Thanks! You are right, the "official" release 0.3.2.1 is version v0.3.2.0-g154b52a-alpha. Unfortunately, i get stuck at the same block (311792) with this version, too. I also have tried version g479009d (the one used by the Raspberry Pi version), with the same result.

I don't know if this is a bug we will have to observe, or if it's my fault ... it's strange that it happens on two different Linux machines and with different wallet files. My slimcoin.conf is fairly standard, I only have added some servers and put reservebalance=100000 to disable Proof of Stake. I use the command line version (slimcoind) and have compiled it without UPNP support. My last try will be to compile the QT version and try to compile with UPNP enabled.

As i said some posts earlier, with the Windows client 0.3.2.1 the stuck does not occur (even using Wine on a Linux PC), so I can copy the blockchain from there.
@ ArchitektoR, if you are here: Which code (developer and git commit) are you using for your Linux client?

It says "version" : "v0.3.2.0-g154b52a-alpha", was trying to find the right source of it - and it seems it is https://github.com/kryptoslab/slimcoin/archive/v0.3.2.1.tar.gz
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
I have slimcoin running on a RaspberryPi
"version" : "v0.3.2.0-17-g479009d-alpha"
which is fine and stable. I'm not PoS minting, only playing with PoB.
No problems with stuck block chains:
"blocks" : 360514
legendary
Yes, but I was using Linux wallet 0.3.2.1 and it had the same problem. I also redownloaded the blockchain several times (from slimcoin.club's last snapshot at 236000) & deleted all files.

Now all seems to be working fine as I downloaded the blockchain with the 0.3.2.1 Windows client (via Wine).

Perhaps my error was to use tbartlett0's code (which is also 0.3.2.10.3.2.0, but has some minor improvements). I will test it again with the last "kryptoslab" 0.3.2.1 code, so I am sure it's not because of an already fixed bug or a new bug in tbartlett0's code.

Meanwhile I'm thinking about a little marketing plan Wink

PS: Unfortunately I wasn't able to figure out which code is the one that makes the client stuck. I've tried tbartlett0's and kryptoslab's last commits, and no luck. They are marked as 0.3.2.0, however. I don't find the code for 0.3.2.1.

@ ArchitektoR, if you are here: Which code (developer and git commit) are you using for your Linux client?
Have to report a little bug, related to some older posts.

The linux version seems to get stuck at some blocks. I don't know why. Last time I had the problem was at block 311792.

With the windows version from slimcoin.club (slimcoin-qt.exe 0.3.2.1) the problem does not occur.

Can any other Linux user confirm this? I have seen some days ago that there was at least one peer in the network stuck at the same block height. I tried the linux client on two different machines in two different countries. I don't know what is the newest "working" client now, but both the tbartlett0 version and the original "John Smith" version have the same problem.

Look at my posts above - Linux & Windows versions v0.4.0ppc-201-g8891c82-dirty-alpha got stuck... Only re-download with v.0.3.2.1-alpha helps...
legendary
Have to report a little bug, related to some older posts.

The linux version seems to get stuck at some blocks. I don't know why. Last time I had the problem was at block 311792.

With the windows version from slimcoin.club (slimcoin-qt.exe 0.3.2.1) the problem does not occur.

Can any other Linux user confirm this? I have seen some days ago that there was at least one peer in the network stuck at the same block height. I tried the linux client on two different machines in two different countries. I don't know what is the newest "working" client now, but both the tbartlett0 version and the original "John Smith" version have the same problem.

PS: The "PoB / Price report / investigation" I mentioned some posts ago is not dead, only delayed because of some technical / time issues. I hope to get time this week to finish it.
I hope you are right, but with a death market the coin will be delisted on exchanges and it will be very hard to get it back.

It's not just about markets!
SLM is impressive because it invented PoB to secure a block chain and is still doing so.

If SLM can't be traded at exchanges it will be harder to get SLM into one's wallet.
Trying PoS and PoB requires participation in the PoW process, then, to receive SLM.

And so far SLM isn't delisted at bter Wink
"version" : "v0.3.2.0-17-g479009d-alpha" (RaspberryPi version)

It seems the market is death or at the very least dieing, no trades are happening. If nothing happens to this coin any time soon i would call it official death and even i will leave it.

The market might be dead, but the block chain is still running.
There are still PoS, PoW and PoB blocks being generated and the last time I was looking I had connection to 6 nodes of which some haven't been from the peer list here: http://www.slimcoin.club/#blkexp

I don't think Slimcoin is dead Wink

I hope you are right, but with a death market the coin will be delisted on exchanges and it will be very hard to get it back.
"version" : "v0.3.2.0-17-g479009d-alpha" (RaspberryPi version)

It seems the market is death or at the very least dieing, no trades are happening. If nothing happens to this coin any time soon i would call it official death and even i will leave it.

The market might be dead, but the block chain is still running.
There are still PoS, PoW and PoB blocks being generated and the last time I was looking I had connection to 6 nodes of which some haven't been from the peer list here: http://www.slimcoin.club/#blkexp

I don't think Slimcoin is dead Wink
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Does anybody have anybody have any objection to me creating a new checkpoint, compiling a new windows wallet, and creating a new ANN?  I've been waiting for the past devs to pipe up for a while to do it, but it appears they are MIA. 

We can take requests for the progress of Slim (I have a vision of my own if there is no objection)

To kick it off, what are you all working from?  Here is mine:
"version" : "v0.3.2.0-21-gc733da8-alpha",
Activity: 6

Does anybody have anybody have any objection to me creating a new checkpoint, compiling a new windows wallet, and creating a new ANN?  I've been waiting for the past devs to pipe up for a while to do it, but it appears they are MIA. 

We can take requests for the progress of Slim (I have a vision of my own if there is no objection)
Activity: 58
Trying to use the brainwallet at slimcoin.club to mine online at 240/hps, but after 20 minutes I dont seem to receive a reward as stated:

Hashes are numbers distributed between [0, 2256) randomly. A small reward is awarded averaging once every 11579 hashes.
This corresponds to a number less than (in base 10): 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Activity: 490
Is anyone else having difficulties compiling kryptoslab's wallet on windows?
legendary
Next week I hope to be able to launch my investigation on the relation "burnt coins" - "price" I mentioned some weeks ago. The goal is to monitor, every week, the amount of burnt coins and the movements of the price, to know if there is a relation between these two indicators.

My hypothesis is that in a mature market (we 're still far away, I know) the burn mechanism can be price-stabilizing, as there should be more coins being burnt when price is low. If this can be confirmed, it would be a major breakthrough for cryptocurrency in general. But I think it will last some months - or even years - to find out if there is any relation.

The first results may be not very interesting for now as there is little burn and trade activity, but I hope to attract new interest in Slimcoin Wink
Got 2 slimcoin wallets stuck at 294535 block... Linux slimcoind stuck on the same block too.

looks like it's a problem with new wallet merged from peercoin - other coins on this codebase have had the same problem https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11111115
Activity: 673
the network is solid for sure...  it has lasted despite a reliable caretaker for over a year.  a true testament to its original concept and resiliency.  we run our nodes so that they will stake and not cause us trouble.
Pages:
Jump to: