Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SLING | Fully Working DECENTRALIZED MARKET in Wallet | SLING MARKET LIVE - page 14. (Read 178758 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Everybody makes very valid points. Going back to possibly paying somebody for a rebrand overhaul, I feel as though paying said person in 'sling' would not be in our best interest considering how low the price is and how heavy all of our 'bags' are at this point. Would they accept btc? with the price fluctuating between 3500-7500 sats thats anywhere from 1.75 to 3.75 btc

Also, im no programmer either but maybe is it possible/practical to integrate reviews as a part of the escrow process?
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
Will the *other* dev put in a real rating system?
Then I think people may throw some coin at it.
DG just let us know what it will take to get a rating system. Better than stars, real anonymous reviews
I understand anonymous can be an issue, so keep it simple.
Make it cost .001 sling to leave a review, and have the seller set the ability to charge a higher amount.
Have a text entry field for the review. Something you can blow up when you click on it.

Do you mean have lots of these text reviews per seller?  
Should all the reviews display?

All of these text reviews will be in the blockchain?  
Sounds like a path to bloat.
Maybe need some kind of automatic pruning/omission of reviews past a certain date.

If you do not have a clear review system which feels like the others out there it will never be used.
You said you were a user of the other sites out there who use btc, and we all know reviews = reputation from a successful easy transaction verified by the person receiving the products with the seller having some feedback potential. Mainly the person paying for the goods though.
It has to feel like that experience, or people aren't going to trust it.
It doesn't matter how much math is under the hood, what coin source is used, none of that... it matters if people feel they have an easy way to securely communicate and read others true experiences.
If it adds too much bloat, then obviously we need a different way, but it will not ever go without this.

IT is also not as easy to make a transaction as it should be but I understand these things do take time.

I lost because I am a type of person who gets a coin for a reason other than to try and pump it and sell it. I am the type of person Pumpers love when I am interested in a coin because I buy it with a long term goal in mind.

Many of you probably have much more coin than I. I still treat every coin I am involved in equally until I feel I've been screwed over.
The initial pump and dump sucked and hurt this coin badly. Bob's group, Ryan Pumper, etc and who knows who else was involved. Doesn't matter, they are not the kind of people who ultimately "win" at anything except short term monetary gain that they blow as quick as they get it.

Source was not released timely.
People do not like that. People who cannot even read the source or wouldn't know if it had a set of French Doors half the world could walk in and take whatever, but they still want to know it is available, and they hope members of the community are vetting that coin.

DG Slayer has not been 100% in on this coin and I think everyone knows that. Shows up, has a couple of people helping him pump a little, then some good graphics drop, people start buying in and boom the bottom was pulled out right as POW transitioned to POS. It wasn't miners. Sure miners dump, say dump it all, but there has been plenty of others who came through picking up coin and trying to get action.
A coin is not going to be successful without a DEV who is not excited and showing it with at least a post or so everyday, answer a few questions, help people setup simple things like conf files and master nodes - an hour or so per day forum presence is minimum. Or, a PR person who can get those answers and provide that presence for the Dev, but working with them may do the same thing, but there must be a leader showing people the way.

Sorry this is coming off negative, but I have been watching this coin since day one, and it should have been handled better.

Has there been a single independent review of the source by someone the community trusts? This is a must.

Don't bother giving me examples of other coins who do not have these things. I am not going to debate you, and disagreeing with me is great. I hate giving up, especially when I have so much invested myself, but it makes me sick to see people holding the bags while the pumpers continue their round robins on coins with good opportunity.

I hope the new account talking about working with Slayer is able to hook things up. It would be a pleasant surprise. I am happy to help with anything I can as well, but I am not a coder, programmer, etc.

Good luck to us all
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
SLING is still being dumped as we speak, I really don't get it guys. How could it dump so hard when there's so much good stuff on the table?
I sold at 9100, let them keep dumping, i can buy more.
Activity: 826
SLING is still being dumped as we speak, I really don't get it guys. How could it dump so hard when there's so much good stuff on the table? A lot of liquidity entered the market, I really wonder how long that will last as price can be pushed up explosively.
legendary
I would like to see the SLING marketplace grow so that great vendors get higher margins and buyers pay less for products.  Right now, online centralized marketplaces like Amazon and eBay/PayPal take 13-18% off the top and leave the vendors struggling to make small margins.

I am a C++ programmer and would like to donate my time to further develop SLING if it okay with the community and DG.  I have 20+ years professional programming experience and began writing apps in C/C++. At work, I use C#, HTML5, JavaScript, CSS, SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB).  I work full time so this would be part time.

The most needed functionality is a marketplace rating/reputation system for sellers and buyers implemented on a public blockchain.  Next, the marketplace categories should be maintained by a consensus vote and the protocol should not allow end users to add categories (it is currently a mess and this drives users away).  The third task would be to implement an HTML5/JavaScript UI like Shadowcoin and Twister.  An HTML5 front-end would give the marketplace a better look/feel and allow others to enhance the front-end without writing C++ code.

I will need the community's help coming up with the specifications for a public blockchain marketplace rating/reputation system. 
Sounds good, we need someone just like you to sort of things with DG.Slayer, please contact him/her to further info, i'll donate some SLING for your work.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 654
I would like to see the SLING marketplace grow so that great vendors get higher margins and buyers pay less for products.  Right now, online centralized marketplaces like Amazon and eBay/PayPal take 13-18% off the top and leave the vendors struggling to make small margins.

I am a C++ programmer and would like to donate my time to further develop SLING if it okay with the community and DG.  I have 20+ years professional programming experience and began writing apps in C/C++. At work, I use C#, HTML5, JavaScript, CSS, SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB).  I work full time so this would be part time.

The most needed functionality is a marketplace rating/reputation system for sellers and buyers implemented on a public blockchain.  Next, the marketplace categories should be maintained by a consensus vote and the protocol should not allow end users to add categories (it is currently a mess and this drives users away).  The third task would be to implement an HTML5/JavaScript UI like Shadowcoin and Twister.  An HTML5 front-end would give the marketplace a better look/feel and allow others to enhance the front-end without writing C++ code.

I will need the community's help coming up with the specifications for a public blockchain marketplace rating/reputation system.  
Okay, I hope that is true to your word
Imagine if you and dg.slayer would work on the project together, great things may come from cooperation!

My plan is to work with DG.Slayer on the project.  I downloaded the code from bitbucket and got it working in Qt debug mode.  Neat coin with more functionality than most.  For one dev, DG has done an outstanding job.  He/She must be tired so I am here to help with coding.  
Sounds like a great plan, I hope the dev will respond on your request soon.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
Imagine if you and dg.slayer would work on the project together, great things may come from cooperation!

My plan is to work with DG.Slayer on the project.  I downloaded the code from bitbucket and got it working in Qt debug mode.  Neat coin with more functionality than most.  For one dev, DG has done an outstanding job.  He/She must be tired so I am here to help with coding.  
I would like to see the SLING marketplace grow so that great vendors get higher margins and buyers pay less for products.  Right now, online centralized marketplaces like Amazon and eBay/PayPal take 13-18% off the top and leave the vendors struggling to make small margins.

I am a C++ programmer and would like to donate my time to further develop SLING if it okay with the community and DG.  I have 20+ years professional programming experience and began writing apps in C/C++. At work, I use C#, HTML5, JavaScript, CSS, SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB).  I work full time so this would be part time.

The most needed functionality is a marketplace rating/reputation system for sellers and buyers implemented on a public blockchain.  Next, the marketplace categories should be maintained by a consensus vote and the protocol should not allow end users to add categories (it is currently a mess and this drives users away).  The third task would be to implement an HTML5/JavaScript UI like Shadowcoin and Twister.  An HTML5 front-end would give the marketplace a better look/feel and allow others to enhance the front-end without writing C++ code.

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 938
DG just let us know what it will take to get a rating system. Better than stars, real anonymous reviews
Make it cost .001 sling to leave a review, and have the seller set the ability to charge a higher amount.
Have a text entry field for the review. Something you can blow up when you click on it.

Do you mean have lots of these text reviews per seller?  
Should all the reviews display?

All of these text reviews will be in the blockchain?  
Sounds like a path to bloat.
Maybe need some kind of automatic pruning/omission of reviews past a certain date.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

legendary
Activity: 938
Rating system would be nice,  plus if we're going to re-brand could we please see some samples or examples of what you're thinking of doing before we drop 50k Sling on something that the community may or may not even want?

Please show some samples or what name you're thinking of at least.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
i would like to point out that the number of masternodes has fluctuated somewhat, but currently it's around 24-25, which is pretty close to ATH of 28 nodes that i've seen.  whoever was sitting on 50k coins in a trex wallet instead of staking or running a node to support the coin and network - well, hopefully whoever bought them has better instinct.

sometimes pointless sometimes not.

if market works they will come.  name does not matter.  never been cheaper to buy a master node
Finally heard back from the graphics designer, he's provided a price of 50,000 Sling for a complete overhaul.

As mentioned before I will pitch in 5000 Sling, it would be good if other people would state an amount they are able to contribute so we know where we are in terms of crowdfunding for improvements.

Surely a relook and perhaps a rename can only work in our favour, the current branding isn't working too well (37btc marketcap) Shocked

Dev, we need exactly smth real and useful just like rating system or smth like that to improve slingroad, i don't think relook/rebrand help revive SLING.
My thoughts exactly.
legendary
Finally heard back from the graphics designer, he's provided a price of 50,000 Sling for a complete overhaul.

As mentioned before I will pitch in 5000 Sling, it would be good if other people would state an amount they are able to contribute so we know where we are in terms of crowdfunding for improvements.

Surely a relook and perhaps a rename can only work in our favour, the current branding isn't working too well (37btc marketcap) Shocked

Dev, we need exactly smth real and useful just like rating system or smth like that to improve slingroad, i don't think relook/rebrand help revive SLING.

The problem is that a lot of people expected a rating system to be installed, any progress on that?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
I need to get back my money because that was all of my fund, now i'm bagholder of sling and i don't want to lose everything.
Well someone needs to get ahold of the Dev and we as a community need to help him brainstorm what will help revive this coin because it is a good coin and the inwallet marketplace could be quite successful if revamped a bit Smiley
legendary
I need to get back my money because that was all of my fund, now i'm bagholder of sling and i don't want to lose everything.
Pages:
Jump to: