Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SLING | Fully Working DECENTRALIZED MARKET in Wallet | SLING MARKET LIVE - page 3. (Read 178758 times)

Activity: 346
Merit: 100
https://bmy.guide
Someone told me this is the next best market since Agora paused operations. Anyone have positive experience here?

Agora market? Got a link?
I found it is a centralized dark net market:  https://www.deepdotweb.com/marketplace-directory/listing/agora-market/
centralized? hmm i wont even bother
It just a client/server web site that runs on the Tor network but not very technically interesting.

Doing that via a Crypto Network without a Server is way more interesting, if Sling succed with that, the Sky is the Limit Wink

Has there been any updates? Looks like dev hasn't logged in quite a while...

Last Active:   August 21, 2015, 10:18:11 PM

This is why a new Sling thread by CrytoVote is needed.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Someone told me this is the next best market since Agora paused operations. Anyone have positive experience here?

I found it is a centralized dark net market:  https://www.deepdotweb.com/marketplace-directory/listing/agora-market/
It just a client/server web site that runs on the Tor network but not very technically interesting.

Doing that via a Crypto Network without a Server is way more interesting, if Sling succed with that, the Sky is the Limit Wink

Has there been any updates? Looks like dev hasn't logged in quite a while...

Last Active:   August 21, 2015, 10:18:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

I found it is a centralized dark net market:  https://www.deepdotweb.com/marketplace-directory/listing/agora-market/

Activity: 229

I found it is a centralized dark net market:  https://www.deepdotweb.com/marketplace-directory/listing/agora-market/
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

legendary

Honestly, I don't think Sling is ready yet.  It doesn't have the usability and functionality to support such a market.  Maybe in 6 months Sling will be there.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
legendary
IMO that is conflicting concerns, making timestamps responsible for fee changes is adding complexity to something that should be simple aswell as makes fees depend on the granularity of those timestamps...

If you can store metadata somehow in your transactions all you need to do is store some json/xml/whatever data format and read that data to set your fees, what I did was create a data alias that I own and I can update, and I update with a bot whenever the average exchange rate moves by greater than x%. This creates a "fee pegging" based on any currency and then you can market your fees to say something like $1USD per creation of an offer for example so its easy to understand for avg joes.

You bring up excellent points. I was thinking about using Bittrex's JSON API to convert Sling to BTC then USD or Euro but with the current volume being so low, the price is almost meaningless. For example, if you try to buy $400 worth of Sling right now to make a purchase, it would cost much more unless you waited for buy orders to fill.  With that said, your method is still better than the changing fees but that is where I got stuck with the JSON API.

You'd need to store it in some meta data(in the blockchain) that is provably linked to a key you own such that only you can update that metadata, using the namecoin pattern of aliases you can do something like that by spending a tx of a coin you own with another tx (coloured with the same op_code type) and saving it in the alias DB in this example. This way you can update based on a bot which pulls from bittrex or wherever.

I've read the devs code for sling and it uses a different approach, I see you are doing multisig tx's for escrow and whatenot but I also see p2p messages to broadcast offers, so im not sure those offers are coloured tx's... however you can send multiple broadcasts of those offers if you can prove that you are the one who can sign that offer in a new broadcast or tx. (offerupdate)...

in general offer updating is essential anyways to change things like description, qty or price.
IMO that is conflicting concerns, making timestamps responsible for fee changes is adding complexity to something that should be simple aswell as makes fees depend on the granularity of those timestamps...

If you can store metadata somehow in your transactions all you need to do is store some json/xml/whatever data format and read that data to set your fees, what I did was create a data alias that I own and I can update, and I update with a bot whenever the average exchange rate moves by greater than x%. This creates a "fee pegging" based on any currency and then you can market your fees to say something like $1USD per creation of an offer for example so its easy to understand for avg joes.

You bring up excellent points. I was thinking about using Bittrex's JSON API to convert Sling to BTC then USD or Euro but with the current volume being so low, the price is almost meaningless. For example, if you try to buy $400 worth of Sling right now to make a purchase, it would cost much more unless you waited for buy orders to fill.  With that said, your method is still better than the changing fees but that is where I got stuck with the JSON API.
legendary
Do you plan to support dynamic fees? What if SLING is worth $1 each, will someone pay $7 USD for a listing or whatever?

Great point

I agree we should gradually decrease the fees over time.
How do you decrease fees without a fork?

We could use timestamps so after a certain date/time the fees change without a fork.  The timestamps are put in spork.h.

Do you plan to support dynamic fees? What if SLING is worth $1 each, will someone pay $7 USD for a listing or whatever?

Great point

We could use timestamps so after a certain date/time the fees change without a fork.  The timestamps are put in spork.h.
legendary

Great point

Great point

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014
What about starting a new thread with CryptoVote as the OP? That way people can see that the dev of Sling is active.
That is a good idea.  I'll do that.

and post the Link here Please Wink Thanks
What about starting a new thread with CryptoVote as the OP? That way people can see that the dev of Sling is active.
That is a good idea.  I'll do that.
Activity: 346
https://bmy.guide
Activity: 680
Merit: 255
There is a Sling de-list warning on Bittrex again.

Should be ok now.  I bought some more of this great coin!!
Pages:
Jump to: