Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SLING | Fully Working DECENTRALIZED MARKET in Wallet | SLING MARKET LIVE - page 6. (Read 178758 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 255
This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Sept 4th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

Volume 0.02790864
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

I did some Git housekeeping and created a version tag on Github (instead of Bitbucket) with all the binaries released on 2015-06-06 for Windows, Mac, Android, and Linux. I will make sure these two repos are in sync but like the tagging features on Github better.

https://github.com/CryptoDJ/Sling/releases/tag/v2015.06.06

Glad to be back on track and working on the new HTML5 UI again.

We will need someone to compile the Mac and Android versions when I am ready for a release. If we can't find someone to compile for these targets, I can add it to my list. I don't have a Mac to test though.

I can test the MAC Wallet, no Problem Wink glad to see that you make Progress! keep it going Wink
Activity: 229
Merit: 100

I did some Git housekeeping and created a version tag on Github (instead of Bitbucket) with all the binaries released on 2015-06-06 for Windows, Mac, Android, and Linux. I will make sure these two repos are in sync but like the tagging features on Github better.

https://github.com/CryptoDJ/Sling/releases/tag/v2015.06.06

Glad to be back on track and working on the new HTML5 UI again.

We will need someone to compile the Mac and Android versions when I am ready for a release. If we can't find someone to compile for these targets, I can add it to my list. I don't have a Mac to test though.

legendary
I am attempting to cross compile the Windows 32bit Sling version on Ubuntu using these instructions https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/howto-compile-altcoin-for-windows-on-linux-using-mxe-and-mingw-1080289
It is looking promising so far but it takes a long time to compile the entire toolchain needed (Mingw32, Qt, Boost, Berkeley DB, miniupnpc, secp256k1, etc..)
I was able to compile a Windows 32 bit Sling version by cross compiling with MXE. I'm working on compiling a 64 bit Windows version and completing the HTML5 version. The HTML5 version still needs quite a bit of work.

that sounds great! Thanks for that!
I am attempting to cross compile the Windows 32bit Sling version on Ubuntu using these instructions https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/howto-compile-altcoin-for-windows-on-linux-using-mxe-and-mingw-1080289
It is looking promising so far but it takes a long time to compile the entire toolchain needed (Mingw32, Qt, Boost, Berkeley DB, miniupnpc, secp256k1, etc..)
I was able to compile a Windows 32 bit Sling version by cross compiling with MXE. I'm working on compiling a 64 bit Windows version and completing the HTML5 version. The HTML5 version still needs quite a bit of work.
thanks for you hard work, sound's promising! i will ask around if i can find anyone who might be able to help you in Regards to the Win-QT Stuff.

You don't need an operating system-related client for this. A HTML5 client works only in browser no matter which OS you are running.
I am using the embedded Qt HTML browser so someone would need to compile the wallet version for the Mac OS to get it to work.
legendary
You don't need an operating system-related client for this. A HTML5 client works only in browser no matter which OS you are running.

is there a mac Version of the new HTML5 Client?

yep, after i read thru the stuff a bit more, i came to the same conclusion.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530

is there a mac Version of the new HTML5 Client?
legendary
my Masternodes stopped working, i will try to get them working again, looks like they got stuck somehow.
Anything new in Regards to the HTML Client? how does you Timetable for Release looks like?

4 out of 5 MN seem to work again, Nr. 5 has Problems to sync

Curious if you're running on different IPs for each or shared IP(s) with different ports?

actually i do, but i will re-work on that to get them all on one host.
Activity: 680
my Masternodes stopped working, i will try to get them working again, looks like they got stuck somehow.
Anything new in Regards to the HTML Client? how does you Timetable for Release looks like?

Curious if you're running on different IPs for each or shared IP(s) with different ports?
legendary
I don't want to make any promises that I can't keep by sending a timetable. I mentioned a September target but that is looking dubious.

I am starting to identify many issues with the Windows version that needs fixing and it is taking me away from the HTML UI and C++ integration work. I think a cleanly compiled Windows version might resolved some of these issues.

The masternode discovery for Crave has the same issues as Sling. One node on Windows reports 65 and my Linux version running in debug mode shows 163 masternodes. Another Windows machine reports 163 as well. I need to try Sling and Crave on another Linux machine.

Anyone have experience compiling Sling Qt or any other Qt wallet on Windows (32 bit and 64 bit)?  Compiling a clean executable on Linux is much easier. I tried following nitrogenetics' instructions but my compiled version throws a Seg Fault.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/building-headless-bitcoin-and-bitcoin-qt-on-windows-149479

I am willing to pay someone in BTC to setup the mingw environment toolchain correctly on my virtual box. I am spending too much time trying to get the Windows environment to compile correctly but obviously can't release the HTML5 version without a Windows executable. Also, a MSVC compiled version would be great and I think would run much better on Windows than using Mingw since Microsoft is the only one that has access to the source OS code.

My attempt compiling was using Win7 64 bit because that is all I had. I am trying Windows 8.1 32 bit.

thanks for you hard work, sound's promising! i will ask around if i can find anyone who might be able to help you in Regards to the Win-QT Stuff.
I don't want to make any promises that I can't keep by sending a timetable. I mentioned a September target but that is looking dubious.

I am starting to identify many issues with the Windows version that needs fixing and it is taking me away from the HTML UI and C++ integration work. I think a cleanly compiled Windows version might resolved some of these issues.

The masternode discovery for Crave has the same issues as Sling. One node on Windows reports 65 and my Linux version running in debug mode shows 163 masternodes. Another Windows machine reports 163 as well. I need to try Sling and Crave on another Linux machine.

Anyone have experience compiling Sling Qt or any other Qt wallet on Windows (32 bit and 64 bit)?  Compiling a clean executable on Linux is much easier. I tried following nitrogenetics' instructions but my compiled version throws a Seg Fault.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/building-headless-bitcoin-and-bitcoin-qt-on-windows-149479

I am willing to pay someone in BTC to setup the mingw environment toolchain correctly on my virtual box. I am spending too much time trying to get the Windows environment to compile correctly but obviously can't release the HTML5 version without a Windows executable. Also, a MSVC compiled version would be great and I think would run much better on Windows than using Mingw since Microsoft is the only one that has access to the source OS code.

My attempt compiling was using Win7 64 bit because that is all I had. I am trying Windows 8.1 32 bit.
legendary

legendary
hmmm looks like a very nice case on a Pi
But I could be wrongz
It does looks like a Pi but for > $80. Yuk.

In masternodemanager.cpp, I found these lines in the class initialization for Crave but not in Sling:
Code:
LOCK(cs_adrenaline);
        BOOST_FOREACH(PAIRTYPE(std::string, CAdrenalineNodeConfig) adrenaline, pwalletMain->mapMyAdrenalineNodes)
        {
            updateAdrenalineNode(QString::fromStdString(adrenaline.second.sAlias), QString::fromStdString(adrenaline.second.sAddress), QString::fromStdString(adrenaline.second.sMasternodePrivKey), QString::fromStdString(adrenaline.second.sCollateralAddress));
        }
When I add these lines to Sling, it causes a segmentation fault and crashes.

Other than that, there are no other significant differences between Crave and Sling's masternode code (masternode.cpp and masternodemanager.cpp). I haven't used Crave on Windows so maybe it has the same issues.
Did you get anywhere with the masternode discovery?  I'm interested in it and trying to figure it out also.
I am comparing the Sling code with Crave's masternode code. Crave seems to be more consistent but I am still testing that theory.

I never get more than 9 connections and the earning are about 20% of the node running at 30137
Very strange behaviour with the different payment averages. I hope DG Slayer gets back soon.

Has anyone tried running Sling using this device (StakeBox): http://stakebox.com/  ?

hmmm looks like a very nice case on a Pi
But I could be wrongz
Did you get anywhere with the masternode discovery?  I'm interested in it and trying to figure it out also.
I am comparing the Sling code with Crave's masternode code. Crave seems to be more consistent but I am still testing that theory.

I never get more than 9 connections and the earning are about 20% of the node running at 30137
Very strange behaviour with the different payment averages. I hope DG Slayer gets back soon.

Has anyone tried running Sling using this device (StakeBox): http://stakebox.com/  ?
I have 5 active masternodes.  I don't think the masternode count is always accurate because one shows 5 and another other shows 23 this morning.  It is a P2P system so updates to the network state are slow.  Last night I saw 30 masternodes.  I am think that increasing the maximum amount of nodes from 8 to 16 or 24 would help.

I am going to change net.cpp:

static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 8;
to
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 16;
I see a different total number of masternodes on different computers. Anybody understand why the count is different?  I am looking at the source code to see how masternode discovery works in Sling but any help would be appreciated.  Also, it looks like many masternodes have dropped out and sold because my Windows nodes show 8,5,7 and 9  but my Linux node shows 22. Does anyone know the fork history for Sling's masternode code?

Did you get anywhere with the masternode discovery?  I'm interested in it and trying to figure it out also.
Question for you on your 5 masternodes; are they on 1 IP or different IPs?  
All my masternodes are running on separate virtual machines so different IPs. I have not tried to run more than 1 masternode on a single machine.

Thanks for the reply.  I am going to stick with separate VMs for each one.  Seems that if I set the port to anything other than 30137 I never get more than 9 connections and the earning are about 20% of the node running at 30137.
Question for you on your 5 masternodes; are they on 1 IP or different IPs?  
All my masternodes are running on separate virtual machines so different IPs. I have not tried to run more than 1 masternode on a single machine.
Pages:
Jump to: