Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 14. (Read 257472 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
One more thing, that 161057369.294... coins on 4/7/2015 10:52 transaction was actually confirmed (I got 1 confirmation, I saw it) but due to that stuck, I don't know what happened and all the coins are gone now...

It was a mint and you can clearly see that I didn't send any of the coins to any address except the first transaction sent to Trex to sell for some BTC as I need them and other transaction was sent for (some personal deal, so can't disclose it public).

Is there any hope for me now, or did I lose everything???
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
My wallet had "invalid checkpoints". Then became unresponsive. Made backup of wallet.dat file, removed all and re-downloaded blockchain. Wallet works fine. However if I put the wallet.dat with coins back the app crashes everytime. Cannot get to a point to do repair wallet.

Launch with -salvagewallet or import the private key to a fresh wallet
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
My wallet had "invalid checkpoints". Then became unresponsive. Made backup of wallet.dat file, removed all and re-downloaded blockchain. Wallet works fine. However if I put the wallet.dat with coins back the app crashes everytime. Cannot get to a point to do repair wallet. I might have to revert to a very old backup.
legendary
both -reindex & -rescan didn't work...
What do you say Spots, shall I try out -salvagewallet???

I don't think it's needed for a sync issue. What block are you stuck on now?

I ain't stuck anymore, the whole blockchain is downloaded completely now...

But, please see the below mentioned images:

My transactions:

My Balance:

Please let me know that how should I get all of my >290M coins back???

You can just tally all the transactions yourself, Spots...
Please help me out... Smiley
legendary
I've tried all the basics. currently downloading blockchain again with a fresh client and new wallet. I'll let you know how it turns out when I import the privkey from my old wallet address that should have had half a billion coins in it!

Private Key copies are what I feel safest with, as you can import them anywhere you are
Seems to have worked. balance is back at what it was before it had a bitch fit and I'm staking again. shame all those unconfirmed stakes were missed but hey ho.

Don't sweat it, most of them were probably orphans. Even if they weren't, you'll make the same amount anyway since your coinage will be higher, so you'll stake for a higher amount when you do stake; you didn't miss out on anything as long as your private keys are intact. The beauty of backups  Wink
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
I've tried all the basics. currently downloading blockchain again with a fresh client and new wallet. I'll let you know how it turns out when I import the privkey from my old wallet address that should have had half a billion coins in it!

Private Key copies are what I feel safest with, as you can import them anywhere you are
Seems to have worked. balance is back at what it was before it had a bitch fit and I'm staking again. shame all those unconfirmed stakes were missed but hey ho.
legendary
Tried the resync and reindex. No luck and im down 350mil BALLS or around that.
Ill leave it at that, at least i got a part of it back.

Then the address those coins were on is not in that wallet.dat - Coins are stored on the blockchain, in addresses, not on your computer. These three commands verify the information for all your addresses and that blocks are valid against the whole network

- OR -

The amount you saw was higher than you actually had and repairwallet brought it to the proper amount. Those coins wouldn't have been spendable anyway if this is the case
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
Tried the resync and reindex. No luck and im down 350mil BALLS or around that.
Ill leave it at that, at least i got a part of it back.
legendary

legendary

I don't think it's needed for a sync issue. What block are you stuck on now?
Activity: 279
Repairwallet worked and it seemes it is now syncing again. I lost all the staking from 06.04. (Around 350-400mil coins it seems)

I lost all my coins due to this, hey Spots, would -reindex help???
I am trying it...

It didn't help at all...
I have >290M coins under possession and none of them is in my address currently due to the glitch that came during syncing, I mean that stuck...

Someone please help, I need my coins back anyhow...

repairwallet doesn't do anything except verify balances, it doesn't actually move anything

-reindex and -rescan would be my first suggestions. Are you sure you're on 2.0.2 (just making sure)?

Is there any chance the -reindex / -rescan could bring back my lost coins from stake ? (i know you asked gkv9 but im on 2.02)

Can't hurt to try. Always back up wallet.dat first, just to be safe. Those two flags basically just double check the blockchain to make sure you have exactly what you should have (and verifies all blocks as legit)

Those two and repairwallet will ensure the addresses in your client are showing the proper amount. If you are still missing coins after running all 3, then the issue is most likely that the address is not contained in that specific wallet.dat

-salvagewallet would be the last option, but not really necessary in this situation unless you run out of other stuff to try, then it can't hurt to give it a go and see what happens
legendary
legendary
Repairwallet worked and it seemes it is now syncing again. I lost all the staking from 06.04. (Around 350-400mil coins it seems)

I am trying it...

It didn't help at all...
I have >290M coins under possession and none of them is in my address currently due to the glitch that came during syncing, I mean that stuck...

repairwallet doesn't do anything except verify balances, it doesn't actually move anything

-reindex and -rescan would be my first suggestions. Are you sure you're on 2.0.2 (just making sure)?

Is there any chance the -reindex / -rescan could bring back my lost coins from stake ? (i know you asked gkv9 but im on 2.02)

Can't hurt to try. Always back up wallet.dat first, just to be safe. Those two flags basically just double check the blockchain to make sure you have exactly what you should have (and verifies all blocks as legit)

Those two and repairwallet will ensure the addresses in your client are showing the proper amount. If you are still missing coins after running all 3, then the issue is most likely that the address is not contained in that specific wallet.dat

-salvagewallet would be the last option, but not really necessary in this situation unless you run out of other stuff to try, then it can't hurt to give it a go and see what happens
legendary

I am trying it...

It didn't help at all...

legendary

I am trying it...

It didn't help at all...

legendary

I am trying it...

It didn't help at all...

legendary

I am trying it...
legendary
Activity: 42
Merit: 10
i had the same the stuck blockchain problem, but i re-downloaded the blockchain and it synced up quickly(as quick as can be expected anyway) restarted my wallet but it came up with no balance which was rectified by using the repairwallet function.
all fixed now
Activity: 541
Spots, is it safe to transfer 1 billion coin to myself to reset coin age? I ask this because exchange max is 10 millions.
Pages:
Jump to: